Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

So Joomla 1.5 has been out for 1 year now and the download of Joomla 1.0 version of our templates/extensions are dropping everyday. As you can see in the world of Joomla, most of the templates, extensions development out there are now for Joomla 1.5 native only. I think it is high time we announce the end of JA templates/extensions release for Joomla 1.0.

We are aware of the fact that there are many sites still based on Joomla 1.0, and therefore we still provide support for all existing Joomla 1.0 versions. However, if you want to do the upgrade on the templates/extensions, you should also consider upgrading your Joomla versions.

In summary, below are quick lists of changes that we are proposing:

1. JA templates/extensions will be released for Joomla 1.5 from February 2009
    2. Forum/Email Support for Joomla 1.0 will still be available until further notice.
    3. Existing download J! 1.0 version of template/extensions will still be available but will not be updated.

How you can benefit from these changes?

1. Design Concept for Joomla 1.5 will be more flexible & much better because we don’t have to “pull the design down” because some Joomla 1.0 limitations.
    2. We will have more time for template variations and theme can be added as we don’t have to spend time on Joomla 1.0 version anymore
    3. All templates/extension codes will be cleaned, verified and improved. Eg: the CSS codes can be lighter because it will not have to support Joomla 1.0 mark-ups
    4. Bugs & conflicts of Joomla 1.5 & 1.0 will be eliminated
    Michael Casha Friend

😎 Definitely a much needed change – bravo!

mfcphil Friend

Well some of us are with servers that provide Joomla management systems and only allow the 1.0.

I have no idea how to upgrade to the 1.5 version.

sunrise Friend

I think this is a good change, and a step, or two, forward. 1.0 will be out soon anyway. I’m thankful more is being put into the templates we get. There will be less bugs.

Thanks again JA for continually progressing, and improving.

For those who can’t use 1.5, the time will come when I think most people will have to. Although it may be difficult at first, sometimes these crises that arise force us to take steps we otherwise would dread taking, but in the long run, help us stretch and grow.

VisiGod Friend

<em>@mfcphil 97124 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well some of us are with servers that provide Joomla management systems and only allow the 1.0.

I have no idea how to upgrade to the 1.5 version.</blockquote>

It is time to learn how 🙂
    And 1.0 is in comа, official death is announced for the summer. Time to go ahead 🙂

scotty Friend

Joomla 1.6 ALPHA is due in the next few months.

The main 2 ‘features’ of 1.6 will be improved admin user group settings and the way extensions are installed will make it easier for developers.

I can’ wait . :p

sunrise Friend

That’s great news. I’m glad I stumbled upon Joomla. I don’t know what I would do or where I would be without it. It is just great.

wooohanetworks Friend

VirtueMart 1.2 was due in Novermber last year. Features shall be an own plugin system like community builder has and some more functions one can see in the roadmap on http://www,.virtuemart.net. As to the next version of Joomla, I hope and suppose strongly that VM 1.2 will not be released before Joomla 1.6 as it already seems to have been postponed.:cool:

To time a release of such main component system like VM with a stable 1.6 version will be the best solution, also when I can image that somehow VM 1.2 may be relaease earlier…;)

As to Joomla 1.6, I am more exited on Joomla 2.0 as mostly the coming versions until the big next one will only bring minor enhancement and I am really interested to see a complete new Joomla that offers on the backend all the features that currently only a commercial backend template brings like cache for site one visited and session running out, a more ordered module list with more flexibility also in reverse working procedures where I would like to assign an article to the menus / modules with one click and not to have to assign each single menu / module one by one to one article. 🙂

I also would like to see a static header section and scrolling workarea below the upper controls of the backend.:)

Why does JA not release some fancy backend themes until the new Version comes out, would be nice to see those fitting to each template…:D

scotty Friend

Joomla 1.6 stable is at least 12-18 months away I would say and Joomla 2.0 is most likely 3-5 years away.

When I said above “I can’t wait” for 1.6, I was joking. It sounds like a pretty boring upgrade so far.

VisiGod Friend

1.6 Stable is 12 months approx.

questbg Friend

<em>@VisiGod 104449 wrote:</em><blockquote>1.6 Stable is 12 months approx.</blockquote>

Здравеи ВизиГод … Честита Нова Годиа

Welcome back, haven’t seen you here for a long time!

VisiGod Friend

Честита нова година,
    I just don’t have enough time to write 😉

wooohanetworks Friend

Where did you get that information from that 1.6 is 1 to 1,5 years away from now…? It is said to be there this year and in mid this year as far I got some information.

Let’s see, otherwise can there be no way to not release VM 1,.2 earlier than J1.6 indeed.

Working with this Joomla right now is the horror when it comes to session timeout, memory issues, there must be some enhancement to the newest version not to crash on some high volume of data. Joomla must finally get into the region where also big sites with a lot of content can be managed easiely. I just have to login again and all the changes made were not automatically saved, this is weak when it comes to performance related work. Joomla and VM must also become a solution for more professional sites that contain more than a few articles, products, cats and whatever. Today it is still too slow. But I tested Typo3 and this one is not so useful and even has no cart solution etc., other CMS are not OS and most changes need to be done in the core like with VM so Joomla and VM are right now the only good way to go.

I really enjoy Joomla and VM but these issues suck….

VisiGod Friend

Trust me 😉
    I have some information from non-quotable sources 😉

sunrise Friend

We trust you. You’re way too :cool:. Thanks for letting us know though. Better that they take their time and get it right, than too quick full of bugs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  perfectmoney 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum