Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

wooohanetworks;104477Where did you get that information from that 1.6 is 1 to 1,5 years away from now…? It is said to be there this year and in mid this year as far I got some information.

I said a stable version of 1.6! Alpha is due for end Feb/Mar then 2 or 3 Beta versions, a few RC versions and finally Stable release. It will at least the end of the year.

Also… 1.6 will not run on anything less than PHP5.2 (Be Warned!! many hosts still don;t support it) and you will not be able to migrate a site from Joomla 1.0 to Joomla 1.6.

VisiGod Friend

<blockquote>I said a stable version of 1.6! Alpha is due for end Feb/Mar</blockquote>
    I think you made a mistake, an alpha can not be stable 😛

mfcphil Friend

<em>@VisiGod 104427 wrote:</em><blockquote>It is time to learn how 🙂
    And 1.0 is in comа, official death is announced for the summer. Time to go ahead :)</blockquote>

I dont see there is anything to learn….The company that provide my cms system only provide the 1.0 version.

If someone would like to see if I can update feel free to pm me.

sunrise Friend

If they only provide 1.0 and 1.0 is in coma, are they too? Do you mean the host only gives you 1.0? If so it might be time to find somewhere else to host your site!?

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@mfcphil 105174 wrote:</em><blockquote>I dont see there is anything to learn….The company that provide my cms system only provide the 1.0 version.

If someone would like to see if I can update feel free to pm me.</blockquote>
    You may clarify what is meant with “company is providing the cms”. As usually one has some webspace and installs Joomla on it what you get from Joomla.org or with a quickstart from here or any other club you use some template from.

<em>@sunrise 105197 wrote:</em><blockquote>If they only provide 1.0 and 1.0 is in coma, are they too? Do you mean the host only gives you 1.0? If so it might be time to find somewhere else to host your site!?</blockquote>

You can also move an existing site to a new webspace.

How to migrate:

http://docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_1.0.x_to_1.5_Stable

havenew Friend

I think Joomla 1.6 must have innova multi SEO, upload image in post, typing langaguage viet-phap-trung
    Thank

mfcphil Friend

<em>@sunrise 105197 wrote:</em><blockquote>If they only provide 1.0 and 1.0 is in coma, are they too? Do you mean the host only gives you 1.0? If so it might be time to find somewhere else to host your site!?</blockquote>

Yes the company only provide the 1.0 cms system so I guess they should update my system but up to now I have had no joy.

<em>@wooohanetworks 105222 wrote:</em><blockquote>You may clarify what is meant with “company is providing the cms”. As usually one has some webspace and installs Joomla on it what you get from Joomla.org or with a quickstart from here or any other club you use some template from.

You can also move an existing site to a new webspace.

How to migrate:

http://docs.joomla.org/Migrating_from_1.0.x_to_1.5_Stable</blockquote>

I have no access to my database so I would not know where to start with migrating….I am with this company untill next christmas

wooohanetworks Friend

When you can or want, however, you can get some new host with new webspace and tell your old company who now hosts the site with 1.0 to move the site to the new server or the new host to do it for you. Maybe you should get them in contact to coordinate this move.

When your site is on a new host you can simply do the migration as described in the article.

But when the site you have now is good and functioning, why migrate? When you do not need new modules or anything is broke, just let it work for whenever you want with 1.0. I remember that phrase, “when something is not broke, do not repair it…”

Any when you do some new site(s) you always can chose another host for those to use 1.5. or 1.6 then.

mfcphil Friend

Yes but I will not be able to use any of the new templates after february :confused:

bennitos Friend

<em>@mfcphil 105256 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I have no access to my database so I would not know where to start with migrating….I am with this company untill next christmas</blockquote>

Open your configuration.php file the database information is in there (name,user and password)
    Seeing your answers i think you only have one database available. You can install a quickstart in a subfolder for example /new,

Give up the database information of your current site but make sure you give your database tables a new prefix.

Install your new template/site and migrate what you want. When you’r done move the current install from to root to a different folder. For example /old And place the new site /new to the root of your webhost and you should be done.

Make sure you make a backup before starting!!

wooohanetworks Friend

I guess “have no access to database” refers to “have no access to the database”. To know the coordinates is good when you “have no access to the database”. Could be that the company provided no application to access the database, like PHPMyAdmin and to implement one on ones own without sufficient server access rights may be complicating. Maybe one can read out the database from the desktop with some priviledged program, but therefore one may need also sufficient access permissions. Then one could clone the site on a new server with the data from the DB and afterwards route the domain on the new server. Kind of a hassle.

opennetpt Friend

hello! i just arrived to joomlart and i think it will be a place where i’ll come frequently : )
    i’m just a registered member and hope to become a member and later a developer… 😛
    thank you for been here!
    [._.]

sunrise Friend

<em>@opennetpt 105526 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello! i just arrived to joomlart and i think it will be a place where i’ll come frequently : )
    i’m just a registered member and hope to become a member and later a developer… 😛
    thank you for been here!
    [._.]</blockquote>
    Hi there opennetpt, and welcome to Joomlart.

It’s a great place. I’m sure you will like it.

dragonlord Friend

Will Joomlart work with template overrides (for real tableless Joomla sites) in the future, whey Joomlart move to Joomla 1.5 only? Rockettheme and Yootheme and Joomlajunkie provides this feauture in their recent/future templates..

avrik Friend

Hi

Time to make a full compatibility and include a RTL version in the 1.5 template.
    it work very good in the JA purity.

thanks

Avrik

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  perfectmoney 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum