Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

I swithced over a few months back and wish I would have sooner….

Phill Moderator

I know this is an old post but I felt I had to comment.

For effective managment of any php/mysql type site there will always be times that you need dbase access. The host should provide it. If they don’t then I would consider moving host.

Luckily there is a great tool that does all the work for you including taking a copy of your database in one easy hit.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-&-security/backup/1606/details

wooohanetworks Friend

Works great for any regular Joomla site, but the larger the site goes the more you have to work with the variables and at some point of time, only a manual db dump and manual ftp or ssh move will make it. I recommend this for any common Joomla user, but those with large sites, save yourself the time and do the old fashioned way.

Phill Moderator

But in this persons case, he does not have those tools so his options are limited. But I do agree with you.

wooohanetworks Friend

That is not wrong, but when it is about member mfcphil’s probllem with having no access to database, he mentioned already he will not switch to 1.5 before the end of this year, as I suppose this is the lenght of his hosting agreement and to pay two packages when one is still active and all is working out fine, may be sometimes not needed.;) He may use it as soon he needs to though, with no access to the database, Joomlapack may work out then. Maybe switching to 1.6 then, who knows how fast it really goes…

epwilkinson Friend

Hi doesn’t look like Joomlart releasing anything for the past month or so – its already the 2nd week of March and nada, zilch, nixt, nowt….what is going on ?

TomC Moderator

<em>@epwilkinson 116294 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi doesn’t look like Joomlart releasing anything for the past month or so – its already the 2nd week of March and nada, zilch, nixt, nowt….what is going on ?</blockquote>
    When you posted this, it was still the first week. 😉

perfectmoney Friend

I think I already miss the information and I think I need the link to see the templete ,unless anyone can advice me better templete at this march I think that will be great if I could here that news here

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  perfectmoney 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum