Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

where is the joomla 1.0 version?

AlejandroDiaz Friend

i second moncini
    I think there’s still lot of people who remains in 1.0.x branch 😉

fortest Friend

<em>@moncini 50092 wrote:</em><blockquote>where is the joomla 1.0 version?</blockquote>

<em>@AlejandroDiaz 50115 wrote:</em><blockquote>i second moncini
    I think there’s still lot of people who remains in 1.0.x branch ;)</blockquote>

At some point in the very near future all 1.x.x template designs will need to come to an end, as far as new designs being created for it. There is no need to support two different versions of the same software.

When JoomlArt decides to drop support for the joomla 1.x.x series that is when we will begin seeing some truly powerful and innovative templates for joomla. Having to support both versions has got to be weighing down on the designer(s)/coder(s) of these templates.

Who knows, maybe there will come an official announcement before year end that support for the Joomla 1.x.x series will cease in all future templates.

moncini Friend

yes, infact if they not support j1.0 i shall not renew my subscription.

In this moment most of the sites are still using joomla 1.0

or i wrong?

Most of the components are used under j1.5 under legacy mode.

Maybe j1.5 is not so popular

not yet

before to go to j1.5 i wanna test it hardly.

Maybe at the end of the year all my sites will be under j1.5 but now no…and like me there are a lot of people.

AlejandroDiaz Friend

I fully agree 100% with moncini

TomC Moderator

If you all had bothered to look through this forum section, you would have pretty easily found [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-file-for-joomla-1-015/

fortest Friend

<em>@moncini 50126 wrote:</em><blockquote>yes, infact if they not support j1.0 i shall not renew my subscription.

In this moment most of the sites are still using joomla 1.0

or i wrong?

Most of the components are used under j1.5 under legacy mode.

Maybe j1.5 is not so popular

not yet

before to go to j1.5 i wanna test it hardly.

Maybe at the end of the year all my sites will be under j1.5 but now no…and like me there are a lot of people.</blockquote>

I could understand your frustration if ever this does occur, however, I for one feel that the majority of Joomla users have either already upgraded their old Joomla 1.x.x series to the new 1.5.x series or will within the next few months.

The main problem with users upgrading is the slow pace at which several developers are progressing with updates of their previous plugins/modifications – etc.

TomC Moderator

It’s similar to Microsoft no longer supporting Windows 98 . . . and, eventually, they will no longer be supporting Windows 2000 or XP.
    It’s called “progress” and that’s simply the way technology works.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi AlejandroDiaz and moncini
    I guess you have missed this post

After 4 official releases of templates for 1.5, I notices that we should change the way in releasing templates to make sure that all bugs are free. So what is the changes?

BETA RELEASES FOR 1.5:

1.5 Beta releases will be released during 1st-5th (1st templates) or 15th – 20th (2nd template) every month. The version for Joomla 1.0.x will not be released at this time

STABLE RELEASE FOR 1.5.x + 1.0.x

Stable download for both 1.5 and 1.0 will be released after 4-5 working days after the 1.5 Beta released

HOW LONG 1.0.x WILL BE SUPPORTED

Though Joomla 1.5 now taking priority over 1.0.x in design process, JA will continue to support 1.0.x version until Joomla.org discontinues the support for the 1.0.x versions or at a suitable time when all other extensions/template providers does not release updates for 1.0.x. I believe it will be in about 6 months.

BETA USAGE Q &A
    Q: I am a paid customer and I should be able to use the stable templates. Why do I have to use the Beta version?
    A: You can choose to download and try the Beta or not. However, we are appreciated if you can use and report any problem to the forum so that we can update and provide fixes to the official releases.

Q: What if I download the Beta and customize everything then JA release the updated package?
    A: We are happy if you download and try this package to see if it really suit your tastes. Once we release the official package, we will let you know what files we have changes so that you do not have to apply your customization all over again.

teetide Friend

<em>@AlejandroDiaz 50129 wrote:</em><blockquote>I fully agree 100% with moncini</blockquote>

Me too.

The majority of my critical components are not still not 1.5 compatible, even in legacy mode. Some, such as Community Builder say they are, but they aren’t. I have no plans whatsoever to use J1.5 until until every component I use works natively.

mfcphil Friend

I think JoomlArt are not foolish, they wil see by the number of members still downloading the 1.0 version wether the time is right or not to discontinue with it…

rusty1001 Friend

Hi

I agree – joomlart must support 1.0x, unless I can use 1.5 in legacy mode and all mods and components work, like virtuemart – is this possible with 1.5?? I dont mind using 1.5 – if this can be done, but I am not sure what the % is of 1.5 users are but I am sure there are more 1.1 users?? no? I think as far as I know VM is not recommened for 1.5 production??