Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Here’s a novel idea . . . . . Instead of posting threats to pull your JA subscriptions because there are certain components that are not yet J1.5 compliant, why not bug those component developers to hasten their upgrade of their component to compliance with J1.5?

Like it or not, progress is progress and, eventually, there is going to be a Joomla 2.0. While I agree that JoomlArt should be developing it’s templates for both J1.0.x and J1.5 for the time being, the reality of the situation is that technology generally moves forward – not backwards. Just as Microsoft no longer supports Windows 98, so too will Joomla 1.0 eventually be phased out in terms of overall community focus and support.

aaron Friend

I can see your point in not wanting to continue with 1.x templates, but suggesting unhappy members stop complaining to Joomlart and go complain to everyone who develops joomla components seems a little unreasonable. I really like 1.5, and there are a some cool components for it, but until I can find, for example, a calendar component that works with 1.5 (without google), I’m going to stick with 1.0. Joomlart has released some really great templates lately, but there are a lot more commercial template sites out there now, and most if not all (others) provide for both versions. So you are right in saying that dissatisfied users can go elsewhere… and they probably will.

fortest Friend

<em>@swissvista 50264 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    by the way windows XP is supported for the next 5 year after Vista</blockquote>

Supported yes. However it will stop being sold before winter is here.

Windows Vista is 100% better than XP & yet all I hear is how terrible Vista is. Word of advice for those who complain about vista – upgrade your system. I run an AMD X2 6400 with 8GB of Ram and I have no issues at all.

Sjoerd de Jong Friend

<em>@TeeTide 50172 wrote:</em><blockquote>Me too.

The majority of my critical components are not still not 1.5 compatible, even in legacy mode. Some, such as Community Builder say they are, but they aren’t. I have no plans whatsoever to use J1.5 until until every component I use works natively.</blockquote>

I fully agree !!!

Sjoerd de Jong Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 50323 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here’s a novel idea . . . . . Instead of posting threats to pull your JA subscriptions because there are certain components that are not yet J1.5 compliant, why not bug those component developers to hasten their upgrade of their component to compliance with J1.5?

Like it or not, progress is progress and, eventually, there is going to be a Joomla 2.0. While I agree that JoomlArt should be developing it’s templates for both J1.0.x and J1.5 for the time being, the reality of the situation is that technology generally moves forward – not backwards. Just as Microsoft no longer supports Windows 98, so too will Joomla 1.0 eventually be phased out in terms of overall community focus and support.</blockquote>

I do agree, and progress should me made. However Joomla 1.X is still offered on this site to be downloaded. Now why should you do that if the latest templates are made for 1.5 Why? Besides Joomla.org is also still offering the 1.X version.
    And for your comparrisment with MS: they listened to their custommers and decided to give them a choice. If you don’t want Vista on your new computer, they now offer the same with XP.

And last bt not least: I paid my membership for templates I can use!!!! If, they said at time membership is only for 1.5 templates, I would be a mebmer in the first place.

jayblaq Friend

5 days… and counting where is the 1.0 version?

gstyles Friend

<em>@jayblaq 50583 wrote:</em><blockquote>5 days… and counting where is the 1.0 version?</blockquote>

Yes, I could use the 1.0.x version Gentlemen if you please.

tifa29 Friend

Its online. You can download it now. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  tifa29 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum