Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

From the first template of Feb 08 – JA Barite, JA team will design and develop all new template in the Joomla 1.5 stable environment and therefore all upcoming templates will be available for Joomla 1.5 stable at the time of release.

The 1.0.x package (1.0. x template installation files and quickstart ) will be available for download after 1 – 2 days. This is to make sure that we have time to provide updates/bug fixes into the 1.5 package as well as the 1.0 package.

bernhar Friend

Hung, thank you very much. This is absolutely the right decision. 🙂

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Hung,

I understand your decision, but I don’t like that, as both versions are equally important. In fact, 1.5 is less important, as many important paid for components are not 1.5 compatible yet. We – as many others – will stick to 1.0 for quite some time for this reason.

In the past you received critiques for delaying the 1.5 template. Now you turn that around. That’s not done I am afraid. You cannot put 1.0 aside, it should be there also when the template comes available.

Regards,
    Tom

Michael Casha Friend

antoniu1: I hope you respect that Joomla 1.5 will be the way of the future, with Joomla 1.0.x stopping development.

We’re not putting it aside, we’re merely sorting out our priorities to support the latest version, rather than an older version.

I hope you understand, otherwise feel free to send me an email in regards to this.

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Miccas,

Sure, I understand. I disagree that 1.0 now immediately is an older version. It is the far most used, also for component reasons. But it’s fine. Perhaps you can release the templates a bit earlier from now on, so the delay would not be felt? 😉

Cheers,
    Tom

guenter1234 Friend

Well,
    i think now is the time when Joomla 1.5 needs to be supported. To develop for both systems can only be temporary. J1.5 is stable and now is the time to migrate.

Please consider that the features for templates J1.5 offers are more advanced than ever… and this will lead to better, more functional templates.

guenter

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@antoniu1 39132 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Miccas,

Sure, I understand. I disagree that 1.0 now immediately is an older version. It is the far most used, also for component reasons. But it’s fine. Perhaps you can release the templates a bit earlier from now on, so the delay would not be felt? 😉

Cheers,
    Tom</blockquote>
    Well you can hardly say Joomla 1.5 is older than Joomla 1.0.x 😉
    Don’t stress though, we haven’t given up on Joomla 1.0.x as yet.

pamelaj Friend

Thanks Hung Dinh and MiCCAs for letting us know. Unfortunately, for Joomlart and others making templates this creates more work to support both. I appreciate your focus on 1.5 since I think the extensions that people are using will probably be updated to 1.5 now that it is stable.

This inbetween phase of updating is frustrating but I look forward to the new features and improved funcionality of extensions.

I appreciate the support for both 1.0 and 1.5.
    Thanks,
    pamela

mfcphil Friend

Some of us still have no idea how to update the systems

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@mfcphil 39836 wrote:</em><blockquote>Some of us still have no idea how to update the systems</blockquote>
    I’ll see if I can do some for you guys.

mfcphil Friend

I wish!! it would save me moving to another server

antoniu1 Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 39837 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ll see if I can do some for you guys.</blockquote>

That would be great!

Salsabil Friend

<em>@antoniu1 39122 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Hung,

I understand your decision, but I don’t like that, as both versions are equally important. In fact, 1.5 is less important, as many important paid for components are not 1.5 compatible yet. We – as many others – will stick to 1.0 for quite some time for this reason.

In the past you received critiques for delaying the 1.5 template. Now you turn that around. That’s not done I am afraid. You cannot put 1.0 aside, it should be there also when the template comes available.

Regards,
    Tom</blockquote>

i agree with you at all because all of my paid components are not working on 1.5. i get a blank page. i have tried the extensions with other templates and get the same. it is too early to change to 1.5.

klaus.nitsche Friend

<em>@Salsabil 39949 wrote:</em><blockquote>i agree with you at all because all of my paid components are not working on 1.5. i get a blank page. i have tried the extensions with other templates and get the same. it is too early to change to 1.5.</blockquote>
    Definitely.

If your site relies on a tried-and-trusted extension such as Community Builder, Mosets Tree or many others that could be mentioned, don’t even think about migration yet. Joomla 1.5 is not all the rage – you could think about migration if you have a lean, mean content-based site within the confines of the Joomla core. Everyone else who is running serious 1.0.x sites and relying on 3rd party extensions, stick with 1.0.x. That’s my advice. J 1.5 doesn’t even have decent SEO yet – which will change once SmartSEF goes stable.

Kind regards,
    Zorro

teetide Friend

I agree. I’m on 1.0 and refuse to budge until all my extensions work properly on 1.5.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  larrymayor 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum