Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Hi

In your demo when using Jomsocial, on the Login page you have a link which says ‘Create Profile’ and then once you login it changes to the users name and gives you 4 icons.

How do you do this? I’ve looked through the documentation and can’t seem to replicate it.

I’ve got the JS notification module at the top which gives 3 of the icons, no username or log out icon, as per the docs but its got me stumped!

Many thanks

Paul

Adam M Moderator

Hi @haxx,

1. First, you will have to create a menu item as in s1.jpg.

2. Create new module JS Hello Me with settings as in s2.jpg and the description text is defined in JA Extra Fields tab as in s3.jpg.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @haxx,

1. First, you will have to create a menu item as in s1.jpg.

2. Create new module JS Hello Me with settings as in s2.jpg and the description text is defined in JA Extra Fields tab as in s3.jpg.

haxx Friend

Hi @adam M,

Thanks for the reply, its not quite what I was trying to find out, I’ve included some screenshots this time.

There a 3 Images, two from the Joomlart site and one from mine, I’ve labelled the bits on the screenshots that I’m trying to replicate.

Many thanks

Paul

Adam M Moderator

Hi @haxx,

May I know your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can have a look ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @haxx,

May I know your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can have a look ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @haxx,

Unfortunately, the temporary admin account doesn’t work, please recheck.

haxx Friend

Hi @adam,

Sorry about that, just sent you some updated details.

Paul

Adam M Moderator

Hi @haxx,

Now I can see that you set a .htaccess password for back-end too, please provide login account so I can bypass this as well.

Rx Greenthumb, Inc. Friend

Once again the documentation is lacking. Trying to replicate the demo site yet can’t figure it out. Going nuts.
    Can you help me set it up to exactly the way it is in the demo. I can tweak it from there.
    JomSocial installed and even installed their template, which I don’t want to use. Want to have the login show up just like it does in the demo site but can’t figure it out.
    :confused:

Michael McCarthy

Rx Greenthumb, Inc. Friend

Once again the documentation is lacking. Trying to replicate the demo site yet can’t figure it out. Going nuts.
    Can you help me set it up to exactly the way it is in the demo. I can tweak it from there.
    JomSocial installed and even installed their template, which I don’t want to use. Want to have the login show up just like it does in the demo site but can’t figure it out.
    :confused:

Michael McCarthy

Adam M Moderator

Hi @blacktie4,

Already mentioned about the configuration in my previous reply, please recheck.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @blacktie4,

Already mentioned about the configuration in my previous reply, please recheck.

haxx Friend

Hi

Okay have worked it out!

To get the user greeting, jomsocial icons and log out button at the top of the pages you have to publish two modules.

You will need the JomSocial Login module in the head-login position, and the JomSocial Notification Module in the head-menu position, this is the only way I can get it to display as the demo.

Now these modules don’t play nice with our homepage and login page, so I’ve just created menus and links as per the next two screenshots.

The JA demo when going in to the JomSocial demo just uses JomSocial, where as I’d expect most sites are similar to ours and use Joomla for the landing page, news etc and then has JomSocial as an added extra. So there’s a bit of compromise involved. I was a bit surprised actually as I’d expected the template to fully integrate Joomla & JomSocial but its okay if you are just using the social components or just Joomla, but when you want to use both I’m running into a few problems.

Hope this helps someone else

Best wishes

Paul

haxx Friend

Hi

Okay have worked it out!

To get the user greeting, jomsocial icons and log out button at the top of the pages you have to publish two modules.

You will need the JomSocial Login module in the head-login position, and the JomSocial Notification Module in the head-menu position, this is the only way I can get it to display as the demo.

Now these modules don’t play nice with our homepage and login page, so I’ve just created menus and links as per the next two screenshots.

The JA demo when going in to the JomSocial demo just uses JomSocial, where as I’d expect most sites are similar to ours and use Joomla for the landing page, news etc and then has JomSocial as an added extra. So there’s a bit of compromise involved. I was a bit surprised actually as I’d expected the template to fully integrate Joomla & JomSocial but its okay if you are just using the social components or just Joomla, but when you want to use both I’m running into a few problems.

Hope this helps someone else

Best wishes

Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

This topic contains 49 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  isspy 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum