Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

<em>@guardiancomm 194095 wrote:</em><blockquote>I followed these instructions to no avail. The link you sent doesn’t work. I went to the Extensions directory, and there is no extension there. I downloaded the lead source files (as someone else had mentioned) and there is nothing there either.

Hopefully someone from Joomlart can answer this question. It seems rather simple to me.</blockquote>

You have it in JA_Social download here : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=334
    But I believe someone will give detail information on how to get it going…

guardiancomm Friend

That did the trick. I got it working. THANK YOU!

mikac Friend

Still Not working for me though… I don’t see Tweets on my site 🙁

Anybody, any idea? API , CallBack URL…what else?

guardiancomm Friend

All I did was uninstall the original module, v 1.02, and install the new version v 1.03. The twitter API is unnecessary. I simply plugged in the username of the feed (e.g. if the url is http://www.twitter.com/ABCDEF, then the name is simply ABCDEF). The rest of the parameters are cosmetic. Not sure of that will help, but that’s what I did.

mikac Friend

Ok.. First time I haven’t uninstalled v 1.0.2, I used JA Extensions Manager and Update option. But now I tried uninstalling and installing again but still the same. I entered username and tried with and without API. No luck.

mikac Friend

Ok, It works. But only when I post a tweet, it’s not posting my Friends Tweet’s. Any Idea why? Can I also see my friends posts?

Thanks!

p.s. How to fix This? http://foodsociety.net/Twitter-Follow.JPG

vikassaini89 Friend

Hi,

First go to the advanced parameter of ja_twitter module and after that enable the Legacy( from jatwitter module is version 1.0 ) from the advanced parameter.

Good luck

xannonbourne Friend

With our solution to increase the time your server is connected to the Twitter service, because while using the Internet is so slow, the link time is not long enough, the module> connection is broken = data will not cause service to get, so the module does not display any content.

yabadabadoo Friend

I am having the same issue. The twitter feed works for a while and then it suddenly stops.
    sometimes if i clean the cache in the backend of joomla it shows up again. but surely i should be having to do this all the time…

i have the latest version of the extension.

vikassaini89 Friend

Hi,

Did u follow these steps:
    First go to the advanced parameter of ja_twitter module and after that enable the Legacy( from jatwitter module is version 1.0 ) from the advanced parameter.

yabadabadoo Friend

i think i am confused. Under the advanced section of the module there is no legacy option for anything. i have layout options and cache setting???

thuanlq Friend

But only when I post a tweet, it’s not posting my Friends Tweet’s</blockquote> ,

Yes currently twitter module does not allow displaying friends tweet’s. we will support for get friend_timeline with the authenticating account.

@yabadabadoo: we removed legacy option on advanced section

dgladney Friend

Well, the problem resolved itself on my site for awhile, but it’s back. I’ve uninstalled the old module and installed the latest version.

I’ve looked at the configuration file for the module as per your solution for the old module, but it looks like in the new version you’ve set the timeout to 400 already, so I don’t think that can be the issue any longer.

I’ve also cleaned the site cache.

I can get tweets to show up if I switch the module layout in the advanced parameters to Default.ajax, but as you can see from the attached picture, this is not a viable solution.

Another function that doesn’t seem to work for me is the parameters for the Follow Me button.

I am using JA Lead v1.0, Joomla 1.5.15, JA Twitter version 1.0.5. My site is here:

http://www.contentincontext.org/

Thanks,
    -Dave

1. Screen-shot-2010-12-08-at-9.49.22-AM
    thuanlq Friend

Hi,

Because ja lead template has overridden ja_twitter module template, so the follow me button param not show.

You can check on path “templatesja_leadhtmlmod_jatwitter”

Please provide me admin user account, i will fix this issue for you.

dgladney Friend

hello,

thanks for helping out with this. the feed has reappeared. now i have two questions:

1) where do i edit the style for the module? i would rather not have the clock icon appear with each date posted, and i want to remove the background border, as the text is running over top of it.

2) were you able to determine why the follow button is still not appearing correctly?

thanks for you help.

-dave

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum