Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 121 total)
  • Author

Dear camtan1!

You try to turn off the cache via the Caching parameter inside the Advanced paramters groups
    GOod luck

camtan1 Friend

<em>@tienhc 171249 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear camtan1!

You try to turn off the cache via the Caching parameter inside the Advanced paramters groups
    GOod luck</blockquote>
    Thanks Tienhc!

This fixed the problem. The one place I didnt’ check for the cache settings 🙂

jdwilsonjr Friend

<em>@tienhc 170866 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear jasoninhouseassist!

in the rasite the slideshow display images from articles pls install a quickstart to view its configuration, or you see my snapshot
    7249</blockquote>
    I was delighted to find the “snapshort.jpg” file because I – like everyone else – am curious how the Rasite demo is set up. Moments later I was heartbroken to find the jpg is too small to read. May we we trouble you to reproduce that image in larger format so that it is legible.

Whilst on the subject, two specific questions pertaining to the slideshow2 module included with the Rasite template:

1 – Setting the “Main Item Height” above 300, say to 360 pixels, creates a gap between the bottom of the panel and the “mask” which seems to stop right at 300 pixels regardless. Consequently there is a 60 pixels area that is in the clear. Can the “mask” be the same size as the “Main Item Height” or eliminated altogether.

2 – The Rasite demo shows the images with a single border. The default in my site appears to be for two borders; the outside one present in you demo, and then another one around the stage. Can the inside border be eliminated so it looks like the demo?

Thank you so much for your help. Great template and great module. 🙂

Saguaros Moderator

Dear jdwilsonjr!

Can you pls give me the snapshort, i have a clear understanding on the issue 🙂
    Thanks

armidia Friend

I am using the slideshow with it set up to read from articles (not from an image directory)

Is it possible to make the large images linkable through to the article?

Currently users have to click on the title or the ‘readmore’ link

Thanks

jdwilsonjr Friend

Dear Tienhc,

I have attached a snapshot of my site as instructed and notations for the “shadow overlay” on the stage and the border respectively. All of the module settings provided make sense and work properly however these two settings seem not to be present – or I am missing them.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to emulating your demonstration.

1. snapshot
    ozalit Friend

Hi, I met 2 problems with the slideshow2 module, can you please help us:

1 – thumbnails images does not seem to be generated (although I made the image/”resized” directory with standard rights)

2 – URL specified when listed by items in “From image folder” mode are inactive (I cannot click on it, no redirection)

Saguaros Moderator

Dear jdwilsonjr!

I tried to configure some parameters same as the snapshort, but my site still work well, i could not find those issues, may be the problem only happen on your site, can you please give me the link to your site again, i would like to have a closer look on the issue

Thanks a lot

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@ozalit 171929 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I met 2 problems with the slideshow2 module, can you please help us:

1 – thumbnails images does not seem to be generated (although I made the image/”resized” directory with standard rights)

2 – URL specified when listed by items in “From image folder” mode are inactive (I cannot click on it, no redirection)</blockquote>

with issue #1: please try to check some issues as following:
    1) images are not a images linked ( meaning: they are put inside the “images” folder )
    2) in the advanced parameters, you must to choose the “Image Resizing” or the “Image Cropping” for the “Thumbnail Mode” parameter

With the issue #2: If you choose the source form a folder , so the slideshow can not display same as current style: the style is applying for the ja rasite only work with the source from the articles

Good luck

ozalit Friend

<em>@tienhc 172151 wrote:</em><blockquote>with issue #1: please try to check some issues as following:
    1) images are not a images linked ( meaning: they are put inside the “images” folder )
    2) in the advanced parameters, you must to choose the “Image Resizing” or the “Image Cropping” for the “Thumbnail Mode” parameter

With the issue #2: If you choose the source form a folder , so the slideshow can not display same as current style: the style is applying for the ja rasite only work with the source from the articles

Good luck</blockquote>

Hi tienhc, I think I need more than luck to do my job :p

#1 – 1) What are “a images linked” ?
    Where should the images be put if not in “images” folder ?
    Mines are in “images/stories/demo/slideshow” folder.

#1 – 2) Neither “Image Cropping” neither “Image resizing” modes generate thumbnails.
    I thought it was coming from rights but even with a “chmod a+w” nothing happens.

#2 – 1) So the “#url” parameter of the item is not taken in account in “From Image Folder” mode ?

Thanks in advance

camtan1 Friend

Hello,

I have ja slideshow2 configured to point to the category folder and was wondering if there is any way to set the descriptions that pop up over the image. Currently the descriptions are the first few words of the article but I would like to set my own descriptions that is not anywhere in the article.

Thanks,
    Cameron

Saguaros Moderator

Dear ozalit!

Please kindly submit a ticket we will check this issue in detail

Thanks a lot

Saguaros Moderator

Dear camtan1!

Your idea does not complete if you choose the source from articles of category.
    Now yOu choose the source from the “Image” Folder and refer to this tip http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/display-thumbnail-description-when-source-from-image-folder-ja-slideshow2/

Good luck

jdwilsonjr Friend

<em>@tienhc 172149 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear jdwilsonjr!

I tried to configure some parameters same as the snapshort, but my site still work well, i could not find those issues, may be the problem only happen on your site, can you please give me the link to your site again, i would like to have a closer look on the issue

Thanks a lot</blockquote>
    Dear Tienhc,

So sorry for the delay in responding as I have been on assignments. This is very important and anxious to complete so I thank you for your support.

The site is at http://www.datalastic.com and I have attached the module setting printout as instructed. I would be delighted to provide a login to the administrator account if that is required.

The objective(s) remain to extend the slideshow to boundary of the container and to control the height (or eliminate) the shadow over the main image.

1. jaslideshow2-settings
    karamalla Friend

Helo

the images in article in arabic lang. not working in slideshow2 at JA Rasite, please help.
    http://www.karamalla.com/gulf2
    :confused:

Regards
    Nagmeldin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 121 total)

This topic contains 121 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum