Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Thanks to those that mentioned YOOtheme in this thread – I was putting a site together for a friend using JA Raite and I was not very impressed with the overall look and the ease of customisation.

I looked on YOOtheme after reading this thread and found the beautiful Phoenix theme, along with loads of excellent video tutorials and support.

Now I just hope they aren’t too expensive…

wiery Friend

<em>@mfcphil 137169 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would like to see JA totally split their forums, if they are going to do JM templates and other things why not have a seperate website for that…if they were split, members would not say the quality is dropping because they are doing both…because it would not be so in their face!
    </blockquote>

Me too… I made the mistake of answering someone’s question and assumed it was for the Joomla membership not realizing it was for the Magneto one. Smooth… Trying to help people and end up confusing them more. :confused:

TomC Moderator

aashwin;138052Thanks to those that mentioned YOOtheme in this thread – I was putting a site together for a friend using JA Raite and I was not very impressed with the overall look and the ease of customisation. I looked on YOOtheme after reading this thread and found the beautiful Phoenix theme, along with loads of excellent video tutorials and support.

Now I just hope they aren’t too expensive…

Yah … good luck to ya with that

:laugh:

aashwin Friend

Don’t get me wrong – I love JoomlArt and am delighted with the JA_Pyrite template. I also find these forums to be really helpful and informative.

It’s just that I couldn’t find the right theme for my current project on JoomlArt.

Sorry if I sounded like I was “dissing” JoomlArt in any way… :-[

amejat Friend

<em>@aashwin 138052 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks to those that mentioned YOOtheme in this thread – I was putting a site together for a friend using JA Raite and I was not very impressed with the overall look and the ease of customisation.

I looked on YOOtheme after reading this thread and found the beautiful Phoenix theme, along with loads of excellent video tutorials and support.

Now I just hope they aren’t too expensive…</blockquote>

And here we are !

Congratulations JoomlArt ! Not listening to your customer, decreasing the service without decreasing the price, releasing not-working templates… you ended by… having people on your own forums congratuling other joomla templates clubs !

I think it is quite an achievement !

Maybe you will finally here the “wake up” call and start :
    – listening to your old members…
    – decreasing the price of your memberships (both Joomla, as it is only one template per month and Magento, as it is only recycling of Joomla templates)
    – release only working templates (cf JA Sulfur) and extensions (cf Newsflash)

Concerning me, and to answer @bennitos, I quietly wait… the end of my membership ! And we will take one to another club !

GeoVi Friend

I’ve never understood why people complained publicly. I’ve accepted it but don’t get it. All of my websites do not use JA. I see something here that I like, I use it. I don’t, I go get it elsewhere. I’m not loaded just practical. If people are developers, include it in the quote you give your customers. We do not have to pay for the platform, Joomla, so there’s a savings straight away.

It’s not reverse psychology but highlighting what is good (praise) get’s you more than complaining about what changes, is unpleasing, unsatisfactory unless you do that privately.

JA would likely be more affected and influenced by a diluge of emails than the venting I read in these forums if someone isn’t happy about something.

Yes, yes, yes. It’s your perogative, it’s a PUBLIC forum. You are PAYING for your membership and you want your money’s worth. I understand that. There are better ways to get that than appearing ungrateful for what you do get.

Just my take on it, just as I’ve read yours.

Happy weekend!

Ms GeoVi

PS I’m unsubscribing to this thread. I should have long before now.

amejat Friend

<em>@GeoVi 138113 wrote:</em><blockquote>There are better ways to get that than appearing ungrateful for what you do get. </blockquote>

What you do get ? Ungrateful ?

Come on guy ! If you buy a car and the engine is not working, what will you do ?

Being grateful because your car has 4 wheels, 5 seats, 5 belts, a radio,etc… ?
    Or asking the reseller to have a working engine ?

It is not “appearing ungrateful” to ask JoomlArt to release working templates and extensions. It is just asking for what we pay for.

And why complaining publicly on a forum ? Because first, JoomlArt does not answer seriously to support requests (their answer is “look at the forum”). And second, I want people would hesitate to buy or renew their membership that they will not have what they pay for !

I have to make a choice between being grateful to people would took my money (JA) to release crap or being grateful to people (non JA) who tried to help me on this forum, I am grateful to the second ones.

So to all who tried to fix JA mess, a BIG THANK !
    To JA…

TomC Moderator

amejat;138112
    Concerning me, and to answer @bennitos, I quietly wait… the end of my membership ! And we will take one to another club !

Happy Trails

😎

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum