Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    the new july template, really I don`t like me… I think that it was designed to “light speed “… is a reordering from previous templates…

I think to design templates for two systems – joomla and magento – It was a wrong idea for us the joomla club members…

Regards

prakash Friend

hi…i’ll wait for them to show us the preview of the july 1st template JA RAITE till i put across my comments…

but like i have mentioned in a couple of posts earlier…that template designs now need to go beyod… what we have seen till now

kicr Friend

I agree, it looks like we’ve already seen and there is nothing new in this template 🙁

mfcphil Friend

Well you know me….I moan a lot about the same old same old templates.
    But for me, apart from the boring log-in, (please give us the hide away type) I really like it.
    Its very clean and well laid out…I see a lot of possibilities with this one 😉

mfcphil Friend

<em>@prbalge 136205 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi…i’ll wait for them to show us the preview of the july 1st template JA RAITE till i put across my comments…

but like i have mentioned in a couple of posts earlier…that template designs now need to go beyod… what we have seen till now</blockquote>

Live Demo is HERE! 😉

GeoVi Friend

<em>@mfcphil 136215 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well you know me….I moan a lot about the same old same old templates.
    But for me, apart from the boring log-in, (please give us the hide away type) I really like it.
    Its very clean and well laid out…I see a lot of possibilities with this one ;)</blockquote>

I agree with mfcphil on this one. JA Raite is very clean and not busy. I’m happy to see something simple again, streamlined and basic yet subdued elegance. I am not a developer/coder and I can see the possibilities with this one!

Thanks, JA. It’s as if you were thinking of me. :laugh:

Regards,
    GeoVi

PS Now where are the files!

jay973 Friend

Well done with this one JA. Nice and clean and above all very useable!

Cheers,

J.

pawelfrankowski Friend

Nice, clean – but we saw it …
    similar to : ja_raite and ja_raite – but different appearance (design) of top menu, rest is this same, sorry guys.

No ajax search module (!) RocketTheme and Yootheme has got it.

belial Friend

<blockquote>Then design your own . . . simple as that.</blockquote>
    I pay US$ 500 for originals templates, not for reordering template and I´m client then I demand quality… If I want to design my own templates, then I don´t pay… it`s a money topic, to pay on not to pay… and freedom of opinion… for you is wonderful template, excellent! fot others is ugly, excellent too!

Can – you – understand – it?

Please, thinks before reply… it´s easy 😀

Phill Moderator

I don’t like the sickly default colout but the others look OK. The slideshow is nice.

I would like to see some new features added to the templates. New menus systems, new typography ideas, movable modules like http://www.bbc.co.uk (you can probably only see these in the UK), maybe a colour chooser system or colours change based on menu. There are so many different things we could see instead of the usual template overrides.

scotty Friend

At first I was disappointed when I saw it but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. It’s very clean and as others pointed out it has a wide range of uses (Virtuemart would fit in well I think or the new JA Jobs Component).

I can’t help feeling though that JA did not put a lot of effort or time into it? When I look around at what some of the other clubs have done this month I feel JA are falling a bit behind. Some of the others are releasing templates with great use of mootools and some really good extras. They seem to be pushing their limits all the time both in style and functionality.

I can’t fault Hung and JOOM for broadening their business interests but I think the template club may suffer if staff are assigned less time on Joomla templates in favour of Magento or Enterprise Extensions.

When I joined JA they were undoubtedly the best template club around. But unless they start to bring a bit more wow factor to new releases I think they are going to lose this title.

thatcomputerdude Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 136209 wrote:</em><blockquote>Then design your own . . . simple as that.

:cool:</blockquote>

You do realize 80% of members to template sites don’t have the skills to design and/or develop templates. They actually rely on their membership to have full blown templates for their clients. Not everyone is as savy as you to use a template “as a starting point”.

Please try to keep that in mind for all your future posts.

prakash Friend

Yes…i too agree that there is no use just moving around components and bringing out a new template every 15 days. Now i think JA should think beyond color changing and moving compnoents. There is nothing unique about this template and I could even classify it under a “FREE” template release from JA and would not qualify for a Members “PAID” template. Over the last 4 months or so we have see that JA is trying to release similar templates without thinking beyond the basic layout. I think with their development spreading to Enterprise components and Magento..they are dividing their work too much. Further, they are also using the same theme for mangeto and joomla templates to reduce work and i think as they are thinking of compatibility of Joomla and Magento…they are creating templates which fit both…

wnthemes Friend

Hi
    I like the Template.
    Its very clean and I see a lot of possibilities with JA Raite. Render is fast.

qbali JATC

for me ? this is very clean template, I like this, keep going to create template like this,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum