Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

nefar;136803I would agree. I think the problem would be that Joomlart has some definite problems using the English language. They would need someone fluent to write a good guide/tutorial.

Just so long as it isn’t written in “lorem ipsum . . .” 😉

Phill Moderator

Yep, yootheme really have the best guides and it makes a huge difference. I like some of their templates but others are over designed. They also offer all their extensions to their dev members without them having to pay extra.

Warp 5 looks very good and the new template while feature packed is very fast. The header is made up of 2 collapsible module positions so you could have a fill width header simply by unpublishing one of the modules, or you could have a logo and something else like banners etc with just a few clicks.

JA have the best graphic designers as I am sure many will agree but they do need to work on other areas of their business if they are to keep their share of this ever growing market.

TomC Moderator

phill luckhurst;136822
    Warp 5 looks very good and the new template while feature packed is very fast. The header is made up of 2 collapsible module positions so you could have a fill width header simply by unpublishing one of the modules, or you could have a logo and something else like banners etc with just a few clicks.

What is Warp 5? . . . Do you mean Shape 5 ??

jay973 Friend

Warp 5 is the new framework YT are using. Check out their latest template demo, it looks good.

Cheers,

J.

nefar Friend

<em>@jay973 136827 wrote:</em><blockquote>Warp 5 is the new framework YT are using. Check out their latest template demo, it looks good.

Cheers,

J.</blockquote>

Does look good and loads very fast.

limeweb Friend

<em>@scotty 136790 wrote:</em><blockquote>Properly explained suffixes for every template. Proper tutorials for everything new feature they introduce. </blockquote>

Hey Scotty – Are you really now suggesting that Joomlart should provide properly explained module positions with every template and properly explained suffixes for every template?

There are LOADS of sites that explain the Module Suffix and how to use it. Plus what a position style/chrome is and how to modify it. It’s just one aspect of styling Joomla. There are many.

If Joomlart were to write a guide for all of them they’d never have time to release templates.

Everything you need to know is here

scotty Friend

LMAO!!! How long have you been waiting to post that?? :D:D:D

Hey if it helps people like you to build your site then it’s a good thing.

limeweb Friend

<em>@scotty 136923 wrote:</em><blockquote>LMAO!!! How long have you been waiting to post that?? :D:D:D

</blockquote>

No time at all ;). But how could I resist the opportunity to shoot you down in flames as you did me on the same subject of improved template guides…:D:D:D.

Back on subject – I agree with most that JA Raite is clean and simple and lends itself readily to customisation – a bit like Ja Purity really.

I also agree with Scotty that having taken on Magento and Extensions JA have taken their eye off the ball in providing inspiring templates with cutting edge functionality and as a result have lost ground to competitors.

JA do have some of the best graphic designers. Lets hope those skills combine with some innovative use of mootools in the upcoming 1 template per month era.

As a suggestion, and not having checked if its been mentioned elsewhere, perhaps JA could be the first to introduce a template option to run the backend in Moo 1.11 and the front end in Moo 1.2 – with the obvious bonus of enabling developers to smoothly integrate some of the cool plugins running on Moo 1.2. The other benefit of course is that it would put JA ahead in the game with J1.6 on the horizon.

hawver Friend

<em>@thatcomputerdude 136280 wrote:</em><blockquote>You do realize 80% of members to template sites don’t have the skills to design and/or develop templates. They actually rely on their membership to have full blown templates for their clients. Not everyone is as savy as you to use a template “as a starting point”.

Please try to keep that in mind for all your future posts.</blockquote>
    I tend to agree with thatcomputerdude. Besides the user which lack the technical skills there are also users who don’t want to spend the amount of time to create a template, like me. 😛 Compared to the other templates JA has released JA Raite is clearly not the best. Note also the list of issues I posted in an other topic on this board. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-raite-broken-in-ie-7/.

Releasing one template a month is nice but quantity should not go above quality! 🙂

TomC Moderator

hawver;137150
    Releasing one template a month is nice but quantity should not go above quality! 🙂

Couldn’t agree more !!!

scotty Friend

hawver;137150Releasing one template a month is nice but quantity should not go above quality! 🙂

We’ll see. It might just give them more time to work on Magento and premium extensions.

Septembers Joomla template will be the decider.

mfcphil Friend

<em>@scotty 137160 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Septembers Joomla template will be the decider.</blockquote>

Yes!! I think an awful lot of new members and membership renewals will be based on the success, or not, of the one template per month.

Good luck JA!! 😉

Phill Moderator

I see it as a tough time for JA. Some users will get the hump when it goes to 1 per month because they have purchased as per the incorrect advertising or because they have not read the announcement.

I can see a lot of people not renewing. As such, the first few offerings need to be really good and if I was in charge of JA I would get working on them now and begin coming up with a better docs structure. In fact, from a marketing point of view a makeover of the way JA release templates would make sense. A bit of polish is needed as are improved communication skills.

mfcphil Friend

I would like to see JA totally split their forums, if they are going to do JM templates and other things why not have a seperate website for that…if they were split, members would not say the quality is dropping because they are doing both…because it would not be so in their face!

Just a thought 😉

Totally agree on the revamp Phil

bennitos Friend

<em>@mfcphil 137169 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would like to see JA totally split their forums, if they are going to do JM templates and other things why not have a seperate website for that…if they were split, members would not say the quality is dropping because they are doing both…because it would not be so in their face!

Just a thought 😉

Totally agree on the revamp Phil</blockquote>

I agree that it would be better if the forums would be slit but for other reasons, And JA just has to keep the quality and support up so that ppl dont have the feeling the quality is dropping, they are only blaming JM because JA gives them a reason to.

But im just waiting patient and see how the first months with 1 template go, hope it will rock 🙂

Happy weekend anyways peeps!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum