Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author

<em>@tienhc 190601 wrote:</em><blockquote>@ scarney

May be your template is using the latest version which did not use the mega menu module. The template is improved with a JA Mega Menu, and now you control items of this menu via Menu Items manager > Top Mega</blockquote>

I believe that you are correct. I put in a support ticket and Hoang made the menu work by creating a new menu we called Top mega and assigning the menu to the topmega position. It then had some more problems which he fixed on my test site. Unfortunatly it is not fixed on the real site so I am asking him to show me how he fixed the problem. It woudl be nice to post here since so many people are having problems with this.

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@scarney 190858 wrote:</em><blockquote>I believe that you are correct. I put in a support ticket and Hoang made the menu work by creating a new menu we called Top mega and assigning the menu to the topmega position. It then had some more problems which he fixed on my test site. Unfortunatly it is not fixed on the real site so I am asking him to show me how he fixed the problem. It woudl be nice to post here since so many people are having problems with this.</blockquote>

pls follow steps below 🙂

1) Go to: Administrator > Menus > Menu Manager , you click to the + Button to create a new group menu, fill the following information :

Unique Name: topmega
    Title: Top Mega
    Description: Top Mega
    Module Title: Top Mega
    2) Go to: Administrator > Menus > Top Mega, you create a list menu items using for the Top Mega Menu

davidrabinov Friend

I can’t seem to get this to work, maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Saguaros Moderator

If your site is online, pls provide me the link and an administrator account, i ‘ll check from there.

davidrabinov Friend

I sent you a PM with the admin access, thankx.

Saguaros Moderator

You had got a mistaken between topmega and “top-mega” which this is added by youself, right is “topmenu”, now you check the top mega again it is working well

davidrabinov Friend

As always, thank you for your support! It took a few minutes to figure it out, I didn’t know it had Parameters (JA Extended).

arjwad Friend

I am unable to get a gist of this solution.

My status is that I upgraded my template from 1.3 to 1.4.1 today and have lost login and twitter modules.

So far what I have understood is:

1) Go to: Administrator > Menus > Menu Manager , you click to the + Button to create a new group menu, fill the following information :

Unique Name: topmega
    Title: Top Mega
    Description: Top Mega
    Module Title: Top Mega

2) Go to: Administrator > Menus > Top Mega, you create a list menu items using for the Top Mega Menu

My question is what are the menu items that I need to put in Top Mega Menu and what do I enter in mod_jamegamenu to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Saguaros Moderator

The Teline 1.4.1 does not use the “Top Mega Menu” Module, please i think that you forgot installing the JA Menu Parameters plugin. please install it and following to my guide.

scarney Friend

Arjwad, I had the support guys help me with this. They created this menu for me (without creating a module) and then anything that I place in that menu shows up in the menu. However, I have had to put everything in as Type = Separator when I am adding a new item to the menu. Then you have to click into separator configuration and hopefully you will find ‘Parameters (JA Extended) which is where I go to select the ‘Submenu Content’. I am placing Modules so I check the ‘Modules’ radio button and then select the Module I want from my list of modules at the bottom of the JA Extend box. If you don’t have JA Extend the support guys can help you get it.

arjwad Friend

Many thanks Scarney. That was very helpful.

I have installed the JA Menu Parameters plugin and can now place items in that position.

However, I think I will need to make some adjustments to the width and the class style. Do you have any data on that stored in the Menu you have?

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@arjwad 192137 wrote:</em><blockquote>Many thanks Scarney. That was very helpful.

I have installed the JA Menu Parameters plugin and can now place items in that position.

However, I think I will need to make some adjustments to the width and the class style. Do you have any data on that stored in the Menu you have?</blockquote>

Please kindly follow to the userguide in here http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?38544-JA-Mega-Menu-Updated-Simplied-amp-Easier-than-ever….

If you have got any problems please let us know

arjwad Friend

Thanks Tienhc

I found this in the wiki yesterday and am excited with what all I can do with it to make my site more attractive.

However, I am yet to find the perfect solution to my problem at hand. You see when I move the Twitter and Login modules to the menu position, they increase the size of that row to the default (I am guessing 200 pixels), while I need them to be in perfect sync with the syndicate module.

Can you please advise which head I need to enter data into to get them to fit into the same size as my RSS module, and which class styling I need to point them to so that they no longer appear in magazine style which is the default for Teline III

Thanks for your time

Arjun

Saguaros Moderator

@arjwad!

This is a custmization, can you pls provide me the link your site, i would like to have a closer look on the issue, before giving me the link, i try to do this, may be you will make done 🙂 by yourself

1) You try to install the firebug of firefox browser, it help you finding and adjusting css of elements in the site, you get it in here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/ and a video guide: http://www.kristarella.com/2009/02/how-to-use-firebug-for-css/
    2) you can refer to some styles in our demos, you will the firebug to find those css rules, get them applying for yours

arjwad Friend

I have sent it to you a couple of days ago by PM, could you please confirm receipt?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)

This topic contains 78 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  jairosvt 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum