Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • Author

<em>@Hung Dinh 316723 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you everyone for your nice feedback and comments, the Lens demo is now up and running at http://bit.ly/jalens

I am really happy with the popup style of JA Lens on ipad/iphone.

We dont have many Android devices here (only HTC desire, kindle 5, samsung galaxy s2), would love to know your experience on your device.

Highlights:
    1. Add responsive support for JA Slideshow
    2. Full iframe popup
    3. 404 design update
    4. Blog style is so great 🙂

A few improvements to ja lens before final release (we may have to delay the release till 5/6 May)

– lazyload support
    – filter/sorting for k2 on mobile
    – com_content support for standard joomla page

Anything important?</blockquote>

If this is the sort of thing you achieve while the team is on holiday I look forward to you guys having 6 months off per year!! :p

Great stuff but seriously, go and enjoy your long weekend. 😎

Slideshow is mega. That will be a well used module for all your responsive templates!!

Hung Dinh Friend

Thanks Swissa,

I am happy to work on weekend and holiday man, so that everyone else can have a good time 🙂

Although we have annouced it properly, I would like to make sure that all question/problems on forum are answered as early as possible.

Swissa, you have been around helping a lot, JA would not be a fun place without great people like you!

charles99 Friend

I think it would be ab great or good ideal to delay the release. There are a few things that you should fine tune and focus a bit more on the Joomla Content. While K2 is a great component to work with a lot of enduser don’t know how this component really works, thus adding to the overall learning curve. And try to keep the size of the file under 75MB! Man the Ja-Wall was a killer trying to upload and delete some of the demo content. Especially Twitter Content… And have you guys taken a look at what other template clubs are doing in order to limit some of the problems that Joomlart will run into?

I know I have learned alot by taking a few “R” Templates apart and seeing how everything works or what it bounces off! JS Conflicts is a given so you are going to have to be ready to give up a component or two in order to this template so just keep this mind as you download the Ja-Len Template…

tfosnom Friend

HI Hung
    While I know everyone will say the iphone/ipad is the most popular non desktop (mobile) device, I feel Android tablets/phones do have a growing market due to increasing popularity and pricing/better external connectivity etc.

I feel as an Android user left a bit behind and think it’s trime many developers of anything for mobile devices paid attention to the Android market instead of just supporting the iphone/pad market cause it’s the easy one.

It amazes me that JA being a major developer of things that eventually will be used on Android powered devices has limited equipment for testing, But seems to have plenty of apple i compatible equipment ? Wouldn’t it be beneficial to the company to go to Hong Kong/China and buy some cheap ICS Zenithink 10.1 epads purely for testing your sites on?

Given you would get them for about 100 US each, I’d have considered it a great opportunity an just an operating cost and essential piece of equipment.

Companies such a JA must spend huge amounts on modern computers for staff to develop on (in the office?) but may not have thought of supplying each dev with a 100 dollar epad for testing android solutions. Given the outstanding job the JA Devs do and their support I’d think a cheap ICS epad would be seen as a thank you bonus to loyal staff and encourage them to explore solutions for this growing Android market.

The new Ipad is losing its popularity here due to no LTE 4g compatibility with our 4 G provider, overheating problems etc. Maybe the signs are there to forget i everything and move onto other areas.
    Just my thoughts as am Android User.

Thanks for allowing me this viewpoint and suggestion
    Shane

Phill Moderator

The problem with Android devices is that they are all different, all manufacturers add their own little twists to it along with all the various versions that are running out there. This makes it very difficult for JA or any developer to test 100% for all devices. The JA devs do have Android devices to test upon and from my own testing I have seen that the JA Wall template currently is working well on the Android devices that I have access to. If bugs are found the Devs are always willing to investigate and improve the product as best they can. So please do not think that just because you do not use an “i” device that you are not forgotten about.

tfosnom Friend

<blockquote>The problem with Android devices is that they are all different, all manufacturers add their own little twists to it along with all the various versions that are running out there</blockquote>

Hi Phil
    Thanks for replying. your statement has truth & merit If you only think of Brand Name devices which make up less than 30 % of the android tablet market,

Like many others I own a ‘generic’ tablet that cost 200 bucks, has ICS and performs within a whisker of a friends Samsung 10.1 tablet doing all the same things on ICS which was added after purchase, therfore running NO manufacturers restrictions.

This is what many owners of non ICS devices are doing according to the many Android forums offering advice on installing ICS on brand name stuff to get the latest OS. Due to many manuafacters are withholding ICS to make their own twee adjustments as you rightly point out, however, it seems many users don’t want the manufacturers version preferring a standard plain vanilla instead.

You only have to look on eBay, Android Forums etc. and count not only the wide variety of generic tablets (10.1) but the enormous userbase then compare that userbase to the 4 Brand Name Android tablet /phone products to realise the generic, budget devices far outway the branded ‘we add our own interface click’ it is from that opinion that I want to point out your belief in the brand name as possibly the only existing Android suppliers is untrue and an oft overlooked view from ppl that have the budget to by branded products.

Forget the claims about JA Wall, JA Lens, and even Puresite as they specially developed (R) templates to appease the mobile frenzied masses 🙂 and provide a cash cow for a passing fad, “Undesigned, Minimalist Design” Ha! remember the great hopes for “Web 2.0”, whatever happened to it and all the shiny event driven great designs . . .

I’m more interested in how does recent non responsive templates likeJA Tiris, Orisite, Mers et al work on Android, I can tell you on my ICS devices, they don’t work well , because no one has bothered to make an android compatible version, probably reasoning, as you state (too hard basket) but most like they figure as android is a mobile/tablet) thing, lets just use the IPAD.css instead saves us having to develop further. no one will notice or care they’re not a big user base.

What’s going to happen in 6 months time when users of the non (R) templates get constant reports of doesn’t work in Android going to feel or importantly do?

While I’m sure JA will be it’s normal very supportive self and provide some hints, relief or just say “buy a responsive template, anything else is so yesterday” LOL. Isn’t it better to attempt some action now on these templates than divert enourmous resources later? Given the fiasco JA has been through with constantly trying to appease the JA Social user base re: JomSocial resource wise or even updating very old templates to J 2.5,

Can users of the last 4 non-responsive templates have the right to expect JA to go back and tweak them as you have for JA Social (for different reasons) to make them reasonably Android mobile compatible or will we have to battle to do this ourselves?

More important, is JA now only going down a responsive template path or will still develop for the desktop user?

Good discussing these things with you Phil
    Cheers Shane 🙂

swissa Friend

<em>@charles99 316754 wrote:</em><blockquote>And try to keep the size of the file under 75MB! Man the Ja-Wall was a killer trying to upload and delete some of the demo content. Especially Twitter Content…</blockquote>

Whole heartily agree with this comment about Wall. I ended up using myphpadmin to hack into the db and delete some 8000 ‘articles’ – mostly from Twitter. Even then it took an age to clear it out.

Does a quickstart really need that amount of content? Because I see that being a real forum filler with comments / requests for help!

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@swissa 316846 wrote:</em><blockquote>Whole heartily agree with this comment about Wall. I ended up using myphpadmin to hack into the db and delete some 8000 ‘articles’ – mostly from Twitter. Even then it took an age to clear it out.

Does a quickstart really need that amount of content? Because I see that being a real forum filler with comments / requests for help!</blockquote>

Thanks for pointing out the sample database issues. Sample DB will be removed out of the package before the official release to our Joomla Developer Members. We will keep it below 100 items giving users a sample of how to setup the system.

PS: Let’s talk about JA Wall in JA Wall forum, a detailed blog post about it has been published today >> http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/ja_wall_joomla_responsive_template

amilaraja Friend

Awesome !!!

pedrox Friend

I love it, FINALLY, begin to find a good reason to continue to be a premium subscriber … After four years of frustration … :laugh::)

I’m thinking about joining Ja Wall and Ja Lens … It will be a good idea?

ozgirl13 Friend

Simply gorgeous! I absolutely adore this one … breathtaking! 🙂

rayfurre Friend

Very cool template, but it dont work optimal on ipad… Just a tip to the developers 🙂

Ray

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@rayfurre 316941 wrote:</em><blockquote>Very cool template, but it dont work optimal on ipad… Just a tip to the developers 🙂
    Ray</blockquote>

Which feature is not optimal Ray?

rayfurre Friend

With the ipad in horisontal mode after opening an article (clicking one of the images), I cant scroll down to the comment field – I see the input field for name, email and website url, but the message feild and below isnt visible. Another thing is that some time the screen go all white with just a “X” visable. Yesterday that was a big problem. Today I just saw the thing with the white screen once.

With the ipad in vertial mode, the site width is larger than the ipad width the first 20-30 seconds. then the images adjust to the right size, but on right side there is a white section about 300 pix (to the right of all images). Now when I clicked on an image to view the article, the whole screen went blank (white).

Except these issues, the template works great 🙂

Regards,
    Ray

rocco55 Friend

great job!!
    thx!! 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)

This topic contains 92 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  bubbletech 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum