Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Looks fabulous! Cracking job. Wouldn’t have WTF though on the 404-page. What the **** is perhaps a little over the top in my opinion. Doesn’t bother me one little bit, but I’m sure some people would find it unprofessional and be offended.

charles99 Friend

It looks nice but the question I have is this: will the placement of images be based on the masonry plugin? This plugin doesn’t work well with other Joomla components and plugins. And I notice that Joomlart has added this plugin to a couple of templates which has a lot of members complaining or looking for help. After speaking with the creator of the plugin, who in their right mind would want to give up the overall control of their module placement? While masonry plugin tries to place ones module or pictures on a page, as the user screen or expands, one will never know the outcome of the look! And thats the problem! You never know what a customer or member is going to see? So an option should always be built into the template manager for members of Joomlart to disable the masonry plugin! Plus one should keep an eye on the conflict this J Query plugin creates. Have anyone took a look at the errors that the ja_puresite template generates? Or the process of just changing the sizes of a module, column or overall page. For a new user its like asking them to pull a tooth when you need to do something so basic…

But other than the above the template looks nice, just hope it comes in more colors than black!

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@charles99 315556 wrote:</em><blockquote>This plugin doesn’t work well with other Joomla components and plugins</blockquote>

Do you have some reference/links about this problem.

<em>@charles99 315556 wrote:</em><blockquote>While masonry plugin tries to place ones module or pictures on a page, as the user screen or expands, one will never know the outcome of the look! And thats the problem! You never know what a customer or member is going to see?
    </blockquote>

This is the hard part. To be able to achieve a perfect layout for a website, by basing from a responsive template, the webmaster also need to setup his content in a responsive way. Normally you will have to have 1 main content in the heart and other secondary contents (sidebar, left, right module) will be placed underneath in mobile/touch.

Hung Dinh Friend

We are checking if we can add the option of switching another library WookMark http://www.wookmark.com/jquery-plugin… However, it will take quite some time…

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@smitheringale2 315486 wrote:</em><blockquote>Looks fabulous! Cracking job. Wouldn’t have WTF though on the 404-page. What the **** is perhaps a little over the top in my opinion. Doesn’t bother me one little bit, but I’m sure some people would find it unprofessional and be offended.</blockquote>

Absolutely right, it can be used on a blog or very personal, friendly or community-driven website. You may want to change the wording if it is for a cooperate/formal sites.

tfosnom Friend

Is it only me or does the Portfolio/Items Listing page look very cluttered and just too busy and kinda overwhelming?

@ Hung: Can you provide us with some ANDROID tablet screenies and Android phone shots I’d like to see how the desktop view looks on much smaller screens. I ask for android specific and NOT iphone/ipad shots as all JA templates I’ve seen so far use the iphone layout etc for android devices and there is very little the same on my epad (10.1) tablet running ICS 4.03 and my friends Ipad 2. The IPAD2 displays pretty well but my android has a few quirks and would need work to get it right. My nokia X6 tends to display stuff a bit out of wack also

I only ask as I believe what’s the point of having an android specific opiton if it’s set for IPAD? I know the IPAD is more popular, some muppets will buy anything with a (i) in front of it. 😀 But the real tablet of the near future will be powered by android and look at the ports and connectivity android devices have, OK I love android I admit it! LOL
    Shane

Phill Moderator

The technology behind this particular template is very different to the usuall JA stuff. Best see how JA Wall is displaying on your Android devices and if you see any bugs please report them in the JA Wall forum. If things are reported and fixed there as the tech is similar I would hope that they follow through to this template.

tfosnom Friend

Hi Phil
    Ok I’ll load up the demo in the epad later and see whats happening, also can you tell me why the download link at the top of forum is pointing to ja puresite? Since I’m one of the few who wasn’t invited to test wall no the dl is blocked? 🙂
    Shane

Phill Moderator

Currently that template is not open for anymore downloads. It is still being actively worked on and will be released soon.

eruzak Friend

How about

my invitation too?

🙂

we2solutions Friend

What a Nice layout this is.great work JA.keep it up.

tomo555 Friend

Looks really good. Have you got any screenshots for the mobile devices please? When will we see the full demo? I’m actually developing a website based on JA_Pure but think this may be even better. Hmmm, I’ll have to see the demo first 🙂

tomo555 Friend

Hi Again, Would it be possible to have a light coloured theme of this template? Looks really good but I would like to use it for our company and sometimes I think darker websites are harder to read especially for our older clients……;-)

charles99 Friend

I think you need to reduce the page when it pops up! A lot of people is going to have problems scrolling down the page! And another issue is the images that pops up. They load halfway down the page and sometime you can’t see the image, which would lead some people to think it does not work or haven’t loaded/popped up. Now I know everyone is about to jump on the “R” train, but please keep in mind the end user? Having to scroll down in order to find content might become a problem. Just because they may use a cellphone or tablet to access your site doesn’t mean they want to play the scrolling or stacking game! You know what they say if you don’t need it why use it?

One more thing the data shows people spend more time on a website when they use their Desktop Computer than a Cell and Tablet!

So let not throw the desktop computer under the bus just yet!

Hung Dinh Friend

Thank you everyone for your nice feedback and comments, the Lens demo is now up and running at http://bit.ly/jalens

I am really happy with the popup style of JA Lens on ipad/iphone.

We dont have many Android devices here (only HTC desire, kindle 5, samsung galaxy s2), would love to know your experience on your device.

Highlights:
    1. Add responsive support for JA Slideshow
    2. Full iframe popup
    3. 404 design update
    4. Blog style is so great 🙂

A few improvements to ja lens before final release (we may have to delay the release till 5/6 May)

– lazyload support
    – filter/sorting for k2 on mobile
    – com_content support for standard joomla page

Anything important?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)

This topic contains 92 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  bubbletech 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum