Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author

<em>@jraffin 25155 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any update on the file missing?
    would like to finish my store site this evening!

Thanks</blockquote>

Hi,

I also had this error-message, but didΒ΄nt find a solution.
    Mabye you are trying to install JA Larix om Joomla 1.5? Only the template work on Joomla 1.5, not all the modules/plug-ins. :((

Here what I did to make it work:
    Download and install the full “JA Larix Quickstart” incl. all the modules and plugins here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/downloads/cat/joomlart_club_templates/ja_larix/ja_larix_quickstart.html

And yes, everything works in this pakage – no errors! πŸ™‚

But remember, it is Joomla 1.0.13, and not Joomla 1.5

bluecafe Friend

hi donq,
    thanks for checking the quickstart package out. I already have a full install and don’t need the whole quickstart package but the file is indeed in there. Now, that I had to download 5MB in order to get a 1KB file, here is a link to this file to save others the trouble of downloading the whole package.
    http://paulmurli.pa.funpic.de/ja_vm_cat_browse.zip

It’s obviously asked too much to expect joomlart uploading a 1kb file for a feature they are selling :confused:

This bug thread seems to be meant a self-therapy for the paying customers rather than an interest of joomlart in solving problems. As much as I appreciate most of the joomlart templates this kind of customer service really sucks and it does not motivate to renew the membership. At least a paying customer could expect all files in their packages.

Anyway … the browsepage looks fine and thanks for the hint, donq! πŸ™‚

donq Friend

Hi bluecafe,

A “self-therapy”? πŸ˜€
    Well, your humor dont miss any files! πŸ™‚

Thanks for your description and link to the missing file. I am shure you also are helping many other members, with your link to the missing file, bluecafe. *thumbs up-icon*

But tell me: Do you install “JA Larix” on Joomla 1.0.13 or Joomla 1.5?

bluecafe Friend

Hi donq,
    I am still using Joomla 1.0.12 … I have heard of a number of troubles with 1.0.13 so I decided not to upgrade. But I am thinking of trying out a Joomla 1.5 install for test purposes within the next time. Maybe even with a virtuemart 1.1 beta release … the virtuemart 1.1 release looks quite promising (and of course joomla 1.5 too :))

TomC Moderator

I’m not touching 1.5 until it’s fully tested and fully stable and fully released.

It’s like buying a car with a “beta” engine.

πŸ˜‰

donq Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 25176 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m not touching 1.5 until it’s fully tested and fully stable and fully released.

</blockquote>

Hi tcraw1010,

Correct, Joomla 1.5 is not the final release yet.

BUT:
    A: Joomla 1.5 RC is MUCH FURTHER than the Joomla 1.5 beta version – itΒ΄s actuly a RC (Release Candidate) version. This means, that allmost all of the functions in Joomla 1.5 RC is NEARLY ready for a final release – therefor the name “Release Candidate”. πŸ˜‰
    B: When Joomla 1.5 stable comes out, its easy to upgrade from Joomla 1.5 RC to Joomla 1.5 final. πŸ™‚
    But you cant upgrade from Joomla 1.0.x to Joomla 1.5. πŸ˜‰

You get the point? πŸ˜‰

So the buttomline is:
    – If you are going to publish a webshop (or another stable website) in the near future, Joomla 1.0.13 is the right choise, becurse itΒ΄s stable.
    – But if you are building a website, who is ready for the future upgrades – Joomla 1.5 RC is the right choise.

bluecafe Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 25176 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m not touching 1.5 until it’s fully tested and fully stable and fully released.

;)</blockquote>

Sure but it won’t hurt to become familiar with a new car before driving it … :D.

I wouldn’t use it for a production site though. But 1.5 seems to have major changes in comparison to the 1.0.x series and trying it out in advance will limit the problems once the stable release is out (whenever this will be :))

ErikThorsen Friend

I see that the links from the news about JA Larix points to the JA Nerine template instead.

Might wanna fix that in the news article????

Sharez Sharzaman Friend

The ‘Add to Cart’ button does not show, it is invisible when using the Green color scheme. I checked this in both Firefox 2 and IE7. It can be seen in the Larix demo too.

bluecafe Friend

Just noticed that there are problems with the slider module and netscape 7 … it doesn’t display properly … just a heads-up … not that I really think anybody from joomlart would care πŸ˜‰

john6555 Friend

Not sure if this has been pointed out but some problems people are having may be related to the download system on JoomlArt is not working. I downloaded the Quickstart about 5 different times and at least 3 times had different file sizes and the installation did not work. This problem also occurred with the ja_larix template too. How can we be expected to successfully use a template that can not be downloaded properly for certain??? :confused:

fcaccount Friend

<em>@noorstream 25778 wrote:</em><blockquote>The ‘Add to Cart’ button does not show, it is invisible when using the Green color scheme. I checked this in both Firefox 2 and IE7. It can be seen in the Larix demo too.</blockquote>

you must copy/paste the file …templates/ja_larix/images/button-addtocart-big.gif – in the directory …templates/ja_larix/images/green/

hi

sasharep Friend

when there are no left or right modules published and you view a list of shop items in a browse page (whatever list length) the footer seems to hover slightly above where its meant to sit – thus sitting on top of some products and essentially cutting off the virtuemart footer . If you click on the footer it drops back down to where its meant to be. Not a big issue, happened on two versions of firefox 2.0.0.7.

pleverell Friend

Firstly, I love the work you do with templates. It makes my life as a web designer/develper so much easier.

BUT!! πŸ™‚

1. There seems to e a bug on the Larix template on Netscape 7.0 and 7.2 on a MAC. It only appears when in wide screen mode.
    http://www.penn.co.uk/stylecraft
    you will see on the right hand side that each page below the pathway jumps to the right approx 20 px after loading. Hope you can fix this for me or point me in the right direction.

2. on a MAC with safari 1.3.2 the search in user4 does not display correctly. This can e seen at the same URL

Hope you can help, keep up the good work

cheers
    Paul L

eka_template Friend

<em>@hieu nguyen 24619 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you kicr, the bug is fixed! :)</blockquote>

Dear Nguyen,

When you said the bug is fixed, where is teh fixed files, is the fixed files already in download section or I still need to request it?

What I mean is if I download the files from a template 2 months ago and then there is a fixed one, should I download it again?

Thanks for your answers,
    Eka

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

This topic contains 58 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  cirymarr 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum