Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Remember you can use ?tp=1 to see module positions. Also, if you go to the template manager in the layout tab you can also see the block layout there. Because of responsive templates module positions do become a little more complicated as some move. But again the layouts for each width can be seen. If you are new to T3V3 then it is a bit of a steep learning curve but once you get used to it you discover that many tasks can be performed a lot faster than before. There is a lot of information on the T3 framework here that you may find useful – http://t3-framework.org/

studio1c Friend

Abandoned the Fixel template due to items not working properly after following the instructions in the forums and documentation. Now trying the Erio template… Found that module position in the demo for the template (yeah!), and even though I have some of the module positions posted posted to all pages, they don’t show on certain pages.

I can’t find where to assign in the template the layout for all pages.

Also how do I get the side menu to display how the demo has it?

http://holisticnutritionfitnessandhealth.com/

Saguaros Moderator

Do you mean these 2 modules as in our homepage of JA Erio template?

These modules locate in position-7 position: Main menu is menu module and Blog Articles is JA Side News module

You can checkout userguide for JA Erio template for more info:http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/userguide-ja-erio-template-for-joomla-2-5/

and let me know if you need further helps.

studio1c Friend

Thank you for that information. It was exactly what I was looking for. Now I am trying to change the color of some of the top User1 modules to “black” and it’s not making it black.

Also, on my desktop the Erio logo is showing at the top on mobile though and not the logo I uploaded for the template.

I also changed the template Profile to Orange, clicked save. It said: “Successfully saved data! Global settings successfully saved!” yet it’s still blue on the desktop and mobile.

I have added the search module to the right side (Position-5) and it says “Search” and in the box says “Search” despite not having any module title and all labels are turned off. Not sure how to delete one of the “Search” labels as I don’t need 2. When I move it up to the search module position, it only shows one. I need help fixing this. Ideally, I would like the social icons to the right of the navigation menu and the search feature in the search module position.

So frustrated by the inadequate documentation and difficulty in changing and altering these templates!

Phill Moderator

Can you post a link to your site so I can try and assist please?

studio1c Friend
    Phill Moderator

Not sure why we are in the forums for Fixel here when we are working on JA Erio but not a problem. Can you PM me a super admin logon please so I can check some of your settings? Also, which modules do you want in black (an image detailing which will be helpful) as the “Latest Blogs” module seems to be working in black as expected.

studio1c Friend

also, I have no idea where to put the Google Analytics script. Can’t access the index.html from inside Joomla like other templates and there’s no place to insert it in the Joomla template admin. Please advise.

phong nam Friend

Hi Studio1c,

On the T3v3 templates (i.e JA Fixel), you can insert the Google Analytic tracking codes into the Injection tab of Template Manager in Joomla backend. You can refer this detailed guide to understand what I have recently mentioned.

Phill Moderator

Leo,

Studoi1c is using JA Erio but somehow the support has ended up here. I have his logon details in a PM and will take a look at this and his other problems when I get home this evening.

Studio1c,

I am flying home from a work trip today so sorry I have not responded to your PM yet. I will be able to take a look this evening were hopefully we can resolve your problems together.

Phill

Phill Moderator

<em>@studio1c 398124 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for that information. It was exactly what I was looking for. Now I am trying to change the color of some of the top User1 modules to “black” and it’s not making it black.</blockquote>

Can you detail exactly which modules you want in black. An image would be really helpfull.

<em>@studio1c 398124 wrote:</em><blockquote>Also, on my desktop the Erio logo is showing at the top on mobile though and not the logo I uploaded for the template.</blockquote>

You need to change the logo for the version of the template you are using. As we are now on the orange version you will need to change the file here – /templates/ja_erio/themes/orange/images/logo_l.png

<em>@studio1c 398124 wrote:</em><blockquote>I also changed the template Profile to Orange, clicked save. It said: “Successfully saved data! Global settings successfully saved!” yet it’s still blue on the desktop and mobile.</blockquote>

You have set it in the profiles section but to actually display that profile you use the “Languages and Page Assignments” box on the left. This is so you can use different profiles on different pages. I have set it to the orange profile for you.

<em>@studio1c 398124 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have added the search module to the right side (Position-5) and it says “Search” and in the box says “Search” despite not having any module title and all labels are turned off. Not sure how to delete one of the “Search” labels as I don’t need 2. When I move it up to the search module position, it only shows one. I need help fixing this. Ideally, I would like the social icons to the right of the navigation menu and the search feature in the search module position.
    </blockquote>

I have adjusted the module for you.

Phill Moderator

<em>@studio1c 398562 wrote:</em><blockquote>also, I have no idea where to put the Google Analytics script. Can’t access the index.html from inside Joomla like other templates and there’s no place to insert it in the Joomla template admin. Please advise.</blockquote>

To add google ananlytics, …. You should override default.php file of JAT3 plugin for your default template as follows:
    Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php into templates>ja_your-template-name>page>default.php and insert your analytics code just before the </head> tag as per below.

If the “page” folder does not already exist just create it.

<head>
    ************YOUR SCRIPT HERE *************
    <?php //gen head base on theme info
    $this->showBlock ('head');
    ?>
    <?php
    $blocks = T3Common::node_children($this->getBlocksXML ('head'), 'block');
    foreach ($blocks as $block) :
    $this->showBlock ($block);
    endforeach;
    ?>

<?php echo $this->showBlock ('css') ?>

< /head>

In the newer T3V3 templates such as Fixel etc this is much easier as it can be done from the templates admin panel.

studio1c Friend
    1. Mobile icon and orange colors are still not showing
    2. Search module is now in search position but I had the social icons to the right of the navigation (in the black area) and can’t seem to get it to go back up there again.
    3. The Google Analytics documentation page that Leo Burnett sent me to doesn’t allow me to add it via the injection tab which is much easier for users that don’t have access via FTP.
    4. I’ve also noticed that when I update items they don’t show as being changed. I had to hit the “JAT3 Clean Cache” button after EVERY change – is this the only way to view items that I’ve changed.
    5. function (start,length){start=start||0;if(start<0)start=this.length+start;length=length||(this.length-start);var newArray=[];for(var i=0;i<length;i++)newArray=this;return newArray;}
    6. function (item){var i=0;var len=this.length;while(i<len){if(this===item){this.splice(i,1);len–;}else{i++;}}
    7. return this;}

8. function (item,from){return this.indexOf(item,from)!=-1;}
    9. function (keys){var obj={},length=Math.min(this.length,keys.length);for(var i=0;i<length;i++)obj[keys]=this;return obj;}
    10. function (array){for(var i=0,j=array.length;i<j;i++)this.push(array);return this;}
    11. function (array){for(var i=0,l=array.length;i<l;i++)this.include(array);return this;}
    12. function (item){if(!this.contains(item))this.push(item);return this;}
    13. function (){return this[$random(0,this.length-1)]||null;}
    14. function (){return this||null;}
    15. function forEach() { [native code] }
    16. function (item,from){return this.indexOf(item,from)!=-1;}
    17. function (array){if(this.length<3)return false;if(this.length==4&&this[3]==0&&!array)return’transparent’;var hex=[];for(var i=0;i<3;i++){var bit=(this-0).toString(16);hex.push((bit.length==1)?’0’+bit:bit);}
    18. return array?hex:’#’+hex.join(”);}

19. function (array){if(this.length!=3)return false;var rgb=[];for(var i=0;i<3;i++){rgb.push(parseInt((this.length==1)?this+this:this,16));}
    20. return array?rgb:’rgb(‘+rgb.join(‘,’)+’)’;}

21. function (){var red=this[0],green=this[1],blue=this[2];var hue,saturation,brightness;var max=Math.max(red,green,blue),min=Math.min(red,green,blue);var delta=max-min;brightness=max/255;saturation=(max!=0)?delta/max:0;if(saturation==0){hue=0;}else{var rr=(max-red)/delta;var gr=(max-green)/delta;var br=(max-blue)/delta;if(red==max)hue=br-gr;else if(green==max)hue=2+rr-br;else hue=4+gr-rr;hue/=6;if(hue<0)hue++;}
    22. return[Math.round(hue*360),Math.round(saturation*100),Math.round(brightness*100)];}

23. function (){var br=Math.round(this[2]/100*255);if(this[1]==0){return[br,br,br];}else{var hue=this[0]%360;var f=hue%60;var p=Math.round((this[2]*(100-this[1]))/10000*255);var q=Math.round((this[2]*(6000-this[1]*f))/600000*255);var t=Math.round((this[2]*(6000-this[1]*(60-f)))/600000*255);switch(Math.floor(hue/60)){case 0:return[br,t,p];case 1:return[q,br,p];case 2:return[p,br,t];case 3:return[p,q,br];case 4:return;case 5:return[br,p,q];}}
    24. return false;}

I’ve written several times as to getting a refund from this club and never heard back. VERY DISAPPOINTED by the difficulty and various steps required just to do simple items and when I do get support, many items still don’t work. I had very high expectations from this club as I love the non -standard Joomla template but the complexity of changing very simple items (adding the logo and analytics, color schemes, etc) is not well documented or is made much more difficult than it needs to be.

studio1c Friend

no idea what happened to the coding above. I selected 3 or 4 items and applied the button to create a numbered list and that’s what it gave me. Never had that happen before with a website.

Phill Moderator

The google analytics can only be done with the method I outlined above because the template you are using is JA Erio which does not use the latest framework. When developing a site there is an option in the template manager to enable development mode and disable caching. Setting this means you do not have to clear the cache with each edit. I will address the other problems later.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum