Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

JA Bookmark Plugin Installation Guide(plg_jabookmark.zip)

JA Bookmark Plugin for Joomla! 1.5. Help your visitors promote your site and allows any visitor to bookmark your pages easily with many popular services.

Step 1: Installation
    The installation of plugin is quite a simple task, you get it installed and enabled via Joomla Installer as any other Joomla extension. If this is your first time installation, view our detailed guideline HERE. Bookmark button should looks:

Step 2: Configuration

From the backend of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions->Plugin Manger, then click on module title JA Bookmark for Joomla! 1.5 to enter configuration panel:

You hover your cursor over each parameter to learn on detailed description.

Step 3: How to use the plugin

• Enable a book mark service: either AddThis or Addtoany
    • From plugin configuration panel, simply select either AddThis or Addtoany as screenshort below and click Save.

Parameters Explanation:

1. Bookmark Service: Select the Bookmark Service, you would like to use and enter the details in the appropriate parameters Grouping below. For advance customization check the Advance Parameter Tab below. Based on your selection here, the respective setting options will be highlighted below.
  • Assign bookmark button on specific content items, you have two options to do this:
  • —- Set Display Mode to be “Auto“, then enable categories you wish in field Category Selection
    —- Set Display Mode to be “Manual“, then declare code {jabookmark} in article(s) you wish to include bookmark button. Other articles without this code will display as normal, however with no bookmark button.

Parameters Explanation:

• Class Suffix: A suffix to be applied to the CSS Class of the button. This allows for custom button styling.
    • Display Mode:
    • Auto mode: Automatic display button.
      Manual Mode: To display button, you must to add a string ‘{jabookmark}’ in content of article.
      Turn Off mode: If you have used the {jabookmark} of {jabookmark off} in some article, you can select this option to strip all of these tags instead of using “Plugin Disable” feature, all of your manually inserted tags will be parsed as normal text.

• Categories Selection: Select Category(s) from List, for which you would like to enable the Bookmark feature. To Multiselect categories use ctrl+ select.
    • Location: If ‘at Custom Location’ Option is selected, the user needs to add this custom tag {jabookmark} into the article. Remember, if using custom location and adding custom code, do not unpublish this plugin or else all the inserted custom tags will be read as simple text.
    • Using Custom Button: If you choose “Yes” here, enter Full image Url Below.
    • Custom Button: If you choose, enter Full Image Url.
    • Brand Name: Text label that shows on the top right of the Add This menu.
    • AddThis Account: AddThis account.
    • Language Code: With Auto-Detect – Detect Option: The Module Automatic Detects default Language in use. Choose other language options, Auto detect will not work if any other languages are selected.
    • Custom Apps Social Display: Eg. Favorites, Digg, Delicious, Google, Myspace, Facebook, Reddit, Newsvine, Live, More.
    • Button Style: Choose the Button Style, you would prefer on your site.
    • Language Code: Choose the default language to be used by this module.
    • Button Style: Choose the Button Style, you would prefer on your site.
    • Show Page Title: Show the title of the item to be shared/saved within the menu.
  • Create custom bookmark button:
  • —- Custom skinning: In plugin configuration panel, navigate to tab Advanced Parameters to change CSS attributes
    —- Custom widget text: add any text next to bookmark button. In tab Advanced Parameters, add any text to Widget Text field. Ex. We add custom text [JoomlArt] next to bookmark button as shown below:

—- Custom apps social displayed in popup (for service AddThis only): In plugin configuration panel, set params as follows:1/ Using Custom Button: Yes
    2/ Custom Button: add url to your own button image
    3/ Addthis Account: declare your AddThis account
    4/ Custom Apps Social Display: declare any app social you wish (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Digg etc.,) —- Custom language: set any language in dropdown list of field Language code

Advanced Parameter:

Parameters Explanation:

• Widget Text: Enter Widget text to be displayed beside the button.
    • Header Color: Header Color, Enter the Hexadecimal color code. Eg. 000000
    • Header BackGroup: header background color, enter the Hexadecimal color code. Eg. 999999
    • Vertical Offset: in pixel.
    • Horizontal Offset in pixel.
    • Main Color: Enter the Hexadecimal color code. Eg. d7e5ed.
    • Border color: Enter the Hexadecimal color code. Eg. 414c53.
    • Link Text: Enter the Hexadecimal color code. Eg. 333333.
    • Link Text Hover: Enter the Hexadecimal color code. Eg. 333333.
    • Background: Enter the Hexadecimal color code. Eg. FFFFFF.

You can change all parameters as you wish.

jmpi Friend

I have tried alot of Bookmarkplugins, cause i am building a new site at the moment,
and after i was frustrated, i was looking here in extensions and found ja-bookmark…

first i thought: just another bookmarkplugin 😉
but then i tried, and now i am using it – the best style i found!

thank you.

gazoz Friend

hi, where is the download files im not find ja extensions file example popup, bookmark thanks

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear gazoz,

It is here >> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=154

Or You can download the JA Teline III Download package and use the plugin from the Extension Folder (unzip the main download zip).

Arvind

jansuhr Friend

How do I get this bookmark plugin to show up on my page?

The tutorial you link to doesn’t show, I have no access. Kind of strange since I am allowed to download the plugin with my account. Shouldn’t the manual be included in the purchase?

Jan

Don Lee Friend

<em>@jansuhr 231851 wrote:</em><blockquote>
The tutorial you link to doesn’t show, I have no access. Kind of strange since I am allowed to download the plugin with my account.

</blockquote>

Hi Jan,

Can you give me the link that you can’t access for checking?

jansuhr Friend

Its the link at the top of this thread:

Step 1: Installation
The installation of plugin is quite a simple task, you get it installed and enabled via Joomla Installer as any other Joomla extension. If this is your first time installation, view our detailed guideline HERE. Bookmark button should looks:

In the word HERE

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-install-joomla-plugin/

Jan

Don Lee Friend

Hi Jan,

It’s fixed. Please check again!

Don

jtestguy Friend

Just bought the extensions membership and installed this. Works for any single articles that display by themselves on a page but I cannot get the share/save icon to appear in ANY article that is displayed in its entirety on a Category Blog page.
Example 1
Example 2

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. JA-Bookmark-settings
jtestguy Friend

<em>@thangnn1510 244006 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you PM me the login information FTP/Admin account. I’ll check for you.</blockquote>
I PM’ed you last evening. Let me know if you got the info okay.
Thanks.

thangnn1510 Friend

Hi jansuhr!

I have checked but couldn’t see the problem. I have also checked in our site and it still works well with JOOMLA 1.6.3. Could you try reinstalling it? thanks

jtestguy Friend

I never did get JoomlArt developer support to fix this plug-in so it would work with Category Blog pages. So I just manually pasted the AddtoAny java code to all my site pages.

I no longer need this module and I don’t need any other of your Club extensions so I would appreciate a refund of my $40 (PayPal).

Please let me know when I can expect it.

Thanks.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@jtestguy 247284 wrote:</em><blockquote>I never did get JoomlArt developer support to fix this plug-in so it would work with Category Blog pages. So I just manually pasted the AddtoAny java code to all my site pages.

I no longer need this module and I don’t need any other of your Club extensions so I would appreciate a refund of my $40 (PayPal).

Please let me know when I can expect it.

Thanks.</blockquote>

Hi,

I have sent you a PM, please check. Thanks.

Ivan Friend

Please help !
After updating the template JA Fixel, I can not go to the plugin settings JA Bookmark!
An error occurs.
In the screenshot , note where I made the cursor , there is a description of the error apparently!

1. 2015-04-20-19.56.13
Adam M Moderator

Hi @biwebcoupdate,

May I know your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can investigate the problem ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum