Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author

No, the Quick start is only made for NEW sites since it will install Joomla + templates all in one go. If you already have a Joomla site then you should download the template.zip and then install it on your site with the template installer.

If you want to build a new site with the Quickstart then follow my instructions from previous post.

bcsgroup Friend

Oh, that’s probably the issue. Thanks.

kgp Friend

There is a minor bug in the “com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja” at template
    “ja_semantic” and then the file “display.class.php” is missing ” ?> ” in the end or
    line 1137

This is how its look like, ..display.class.php …This is in the end of the file
    <blockquote>
    <?php

}

function showRandom($rows, $style = “hor”) {
    $this->_rows = $rows;
    $this->_style = $style;
    $this->display( ‘random.php’ );
    }

function showLatest($rows, $style = “hor”) {
    $this->_rows = $rows;
    $this->_style = $style;
    $this->display( ‘latest.php’ );
    }

} //end class</blockquote>

Some say they dont mis this tag. ?> But I can’t see it and I made a download 31jan2008

troywne Friend

Hi.

I’m kind of new to Joomla and very new to galleries. I’ve loaded JA Avian II and am having a problem with the slideshow.

On one of my gallery pages when I click “slideshow” the slideshow window pops up fine but no image is shown. The “Image x of y” shows in lower left and “Close X” shows in the lower right. If I click within the window the window changes as if loading the next image and the # changes to x + 1 so it acts like it wants to work but still no image. Additionally, sometimes gibberish shows in the bottom where I’d expect to see the content text.

My site URL is:

http://appconinc.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=65&catid=3

I loaded the JA Avian II Quickstart and have had no other problems.

I’m using version Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] 21 July 2007 16:00 UTC and have checked using Safari, SeaMonkey, and FireFox. All show the same problem.

I’m using the JA Semantic template.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Troy

tldagent Friend

<blockquote>There is a minor bug in the “com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja” at template
    “ja_semantic” and then the file “display.class.php” is missing ” ?> ” in the end or
    line 1137</blockquote>
    This isn’t missing in my installation. However, I still can’t get the site to work in IE. Anyone?

woody Friend

Any ideas on how to fix this…

<em>@ivoathom 37527 wrote:</em><blockquote>When a user makes a new gallery it does not show at “My galleries” page. In the database you can see the gallery is made but when I look in PHP my admin the table of the new gallery shows up with “parent -1”. Thats why i don’t see the new gallery, Who knows how to fix this?</blockquote>

> Checked and the gallery is in the database.

> In the ‘My galleries’ screen, it shows 1 gallery in the ‘User Information’ panel but not in the ‘My galleries’ section below it says ‘No user galleries created’.

Confused – me too!

Any ideas anyone? Anyone got the user galleries working?

Thanks,

Woody

schlogo Friend

Hello

I ve read somewhere that your team made changes to the core files of rsgallery2 ? Have you documented thoses changes? I d like to migrate to the next version of the gallery and make sure it works by understanding the impact of the changes your team made

tldagent Friend

Whatever changes were made, I’d like to know as well because this template with the RS Gallery doesn’t work in the most popular browser on the net, IE6 and IE7. Although I use firefox, been waiting for this to work with Internet Explorer.

Anyone?

woody Friend

Hi – I have not made any changes to the download package – I would love to get it working OK for ‘User Galleries’.

One of the faults was noted by ‘ivoathom’:

When a user makes a new gallery it does not show at “My galleries” page. In the database you can see the gallery is made but when I look in PHP my admin the table of the new gallery shows up with “parent -1”. Thats why i don’t see the new gallery.

Perhaps someone fron the Joomart Team can provide a fix?

Woody

schlogo Friend

I wonder is publishing a template based on an alpha component is a real good idea :confused:

Menalto Friend

<em>@schlogo 38803 wrote:</em><blockquote>I wonder is publishing a template based on an alpha component is a real good idea :confused:</blockquote>

I agree with you there, but RSGALLERY2 is so far one of the best gallery solutions for Joomla.

tldagent Friend

<em>@Menalto 38812 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree with you there, but RSGALLERY2 is so far one of the best gallery solutions for Joomla.</blockquote>
    Great a moderator. Now could you please tell us how to get this working in the IE browser? Has your version of RS Gallery been updated so that Avian works in browsers other than Firefox? Love the template but so far but it simply doesn’t work. If someone can show me a working version in IE and explain how it was done, it would be very appreciated. Thank you!

woody Friend

Menalto – thanks for stepping into the thread.

PLEASE help solve some of the issues with this – like how to get rid of some of the bugs with User Galleries…

When a user makes a new gallery it does not show at “My galleries” page. In the database you can see the gallery is made but when I look in PHP my admin the table of the new gallery shows up with “parent -1”. Thats why i don’t see the new gallery.

I know its not your component, but it is central to this template working.

Thakn you.

Woody

woody Friend

I just need it working so members can easily build their own galleries – without errors!

Oher than this it ia a great template – so please advise (I’m happy to do some of the work, I just need you guidance).

Woody

schlogo Friend

well…That s getting annoying, no one answers technical questions in the avian section :confused:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)

This topic contains 79 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  siona73 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum