Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

This Readme has been updated. You can find new readme below:
    – For Joomla 1.0
    – For Joomla 1.5

jbrowdy Friend

Looks very nice, but the menu behaves strangely: when you hover over a menu item on the home page (with the flash banner), the menu subitems sometimes hide behind the flash banner. This is noted using Safari.

Hung Dinh Friend

You can use the Javascript instead of Flash as an option.
    We will find a solution for flash in the coming days…

lsoldado Friend

I have the same problem with Firefox and Konqueror. The menu is behind the image.

Hung Dinh Friend

As guided above, you can change the setting of JA Header module to Javascript base.
    which will solve problem.
    The demo of Javascript is at: http://www.joomlart.com/template/ja_antares/content/view/28/93/
    The cool thing is that we still can keep the smooth animation of the images rotation

kevinls Friend

I love the look of Antares. However, the separators are not displaying as I would expect them to in the breadcrumbs at the top of the content. They are not reflecting the menu hierarchy that I have set up in TransMenu.

For instance, in my site, when using the JA Sargas template, I see the breadcrumbs look like:

Home > Ministries > Adult > Sunday School (the > marks are triangles)

However, when I apply the JA Antares template to the site, the same page has bread crumbs that look like:

Home / Ministries Adult Sunday School

I looked in Firefox and IE7, neither has the “/” mark displayed between the menu levels. If I look at the source, I see code that is supposed to display the /templates/images/arrow.png file, and yet nothing is rendering.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Again, I have 3 levels of menus in my TransMenu. I don’t know if that matters.

ha le-viet Developer

Template has been updated to fix a few minor bugs in Safari and Konqueror. Please redownload.

P/S: Hi kevinls, if you have problems using the template, please post a new thread to look for support. This topic is only for bug reporting.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

kevinls Friend

Ha,

I posted my problems with the template here because I think it is a bug with the template.

m.c.j.v Friend

Hi!

I installed the template and the mod_ja_header on Joomla 1.5 nightly build. The image is shown, but no image scroll in Firefox 2 nor IE7. I tried the Flash and the Java way.

IE shows an error on the flash manner, SWFObject Undefined. The other combinations do not give me errors. Can someone please help me out? :confused:

Many thanks in advance!

Matthijs (NL)

anderss Friend

Content Item Navigation is not centered with Firefox. In IE it centers just fine, but in Firefox it is right-aligned. Why is that?

ygirod Friend

– Fadetime value has no effect
    – Looping on “No” has no effect

:((

dalepike Friend

I have some issues with the ja_header module that I could use some help in addressing:

1. I’ve created new images for the banner graphics and placed them in the /templates/ja_antares/images/header directory. When I use the javascript option, the new images are displayed (but see problem #2 below). When I choose the flash option, only the original images (sports) are shown, even though they have been deleted from the source directory.
    2. When I choose the javascript option, the images cycle very quickly, ignoring the ‘Timer’ setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alternatively, can someone point me to instructions for simply displaying (not rotating) the header images with a new one loading randomly with each page load? I’d like to keep the functionality of variable width that ja_header offers.

mrajmat Friend

Hi,

At http://www.wctm.org.uk i have not specified a default colour and disabled the colour selection option of the template. So I would expect that the default colour was used (the blue one).

In firefox 2.0 all is fine. However in Explorer 6 and 7 the template comes up green.

here is the code from the template file:
    [PHP]
    # TEMPLATE CONFIGURATIONS ##########
    ####################################
    #support extra color themes
    $ja_color_themes = array(‘default’); // You can add more color array if needed
    #Header images: you can add more subheader images. Please refer to User Guide for full information
    $ja_header_images = array(‘sh01.jpg’,’sh02.jpg’,’sh03.jpg’, ‘sh012.jpg’); // Each sub header image will be assigned to each menu
    ####################################
    # Change the width of the template
    $ja_width_default = ‘wide’; // ‘narrow’: 800×600; ‘wide’: widescreen
    # default color
    $ja_color_default = ”; //blank for default, else pick one of in extra color themes $ja_color_themes
    #font size default
    $ja_font_size_default = 3;
    # Enable users option
    $ja_tool = 1; // 0: disable all; 1: disable color, enable screen; 2: enable color, disable screen; 3: enable all.
    # Choose your prefer Menu Type
    $ja_menutype = 1; // 1: Split Menu; 2: Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu; 3: Transmenu;
    # END: TEMPLATE CONFIGURATIONS ##########[/PHP]

Any ideas?

I think that this is a template issue and hence I have posted here.

Thanks

Alex

NealeShour Friend

Greetings,
    I’m using Antares with Community Builder and I am unable to Edit the user profile from the User Profile page. It appears to be javascript problem with this template, as I can change the template to Spica and get it to work.

Any ideas? I reeeeally want to stay with the Antares template.

I will be glad to PM or email a user account….

The CB forum (Joomlapolis) admin had this comment from a related thread

<blockquote>…it was a site-template-related problem: for some reasons, the template prevented the execution of CB’s edit-profile validation&sending Javascript of CB. Result was that empty mandatory fields were not flagged in red on submit, and that form wasn’t submitted at all.

Assigning the standard “rhuk solarflare II” template to the user-profile menu allowed normal user profile updating. So it was not a CB bug in that case. </blockquote>

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks!
    Neale

NealeShour Friend

OK….I’ve figured a “workaround” on this issue. If I add the header module to display on the profile page the javascript for the EDIT features work.

This is acceptable, but I would prefer not to have the header images displayed on the user profile page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Neale

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  bsilva 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum