Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Ahhhh …. so joining the forum to read about the company and templates is a bad move? By not contributing because you have nothing to say since you are learning, is a bad move? Downloading templates you paid for ……. that’s bad too?

Interesting system 😀
    Cheers back at ya
    Glenis

questbg Friend

Hi Glenis

Actually, when I joined I was ‘negative credit’ … however, as I asked questions here, and found solutions my credits began to build (actualy, I was shocked to see that as I didn’t think I’d done too much).

Not many weeks later, when other ‘newcomers’ asked the very same questions as I had in the beginning, I was able to assist and provide the solutions (having just been through the pain myself).

This is also paramount to freeing up the time of JoomlArt developers and moderators. If newcomers like myself can answer the ‘basic’ questions (which crop up time and time again), then this leaves them more time to fix more serious issues and bugs.

This means that all users, at all levels, can continue to input, progress and help each other … well, that’s my take on it anyway. I’m not a member of JA staff or a JA moderator, I’ve just tried to help other users here like I’ve been helped myself.

However, as you may have just noticed, just posting your last few comments alone and replying to my last post has taken you from a negative to a postiive balance!

Just keep forming a part of the community, input, ask, and credits will grow. Even if you have nothing to say, vote in the polls, vote for the ‘site of the month’ competition, join in ‘general chat’, etc. In six months time you will be earning even more credits by assisting newcomers to this forum.

If you think this system is in some way flawed, the so be it! Paying for membership does not mean instant credits, just downloads.

Best wishes
    Chris

beadit Friend

Thanks Chris, I was pulling your leg really. I can see that the credits grow fairly quickly and it appears the more you type the further up you go. I’ll need to get the speed typing manual out again 🙂

The system is fine by me, there can’t be too many places you can make enough credits to pay for the next years subscription. I hummed and ha-ed about spending a whole $70 (!) for the club but the amount of time I’ve saved and the amount I’ve learned in 4 days from the tutorials has certainly been worth every cent.

Catch you on the boards ! (Code for building credits)

questbg Friend

Hi beadit

<em>@beadit 78846 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Chris, I was pulling your leg really.
    </blockquote>

No worries, that happens quite a lot round here … probably due to the credit build factor 😉

By the way, what Template do you intend using?

Best Wishes
    Chris

mfcphil Friend

CREDIT IN THE COMMUNITY 😀

Hello Glenis

A great way to build your credits and to join in the Forum spirit is to visit the members showcase and leave some nice comments about other peoples work…you don’t have to know anything about Joomla to have an opinion.

Find it here

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@mfcphil 78872 wrote:</em><blockquote>CREDIT IN THE COMMUNITY 😀

Hello Glenis

A great way to build your credits and to join in the Forum spirit is to visit the members showcase and leave some nice comments about other peoples work…you don’t have to know anything about Joomla to have an opinion.

Find it here</blockquote>
    I completely agree with mfcphil, simply going to that forum and giving constructive criticism will earn you credits and help the community in a great way!

beadit Friend

Seemed a bit cheeky to comment when I really don’t know much. However, you are right it’s an opinion only and I certainly have those LOL

Hi Chris, I’ve used the latest template – website should be in my sig. It’s a bit stock standard but I guess that’s why I’m usung a template 🙂 Early days – I may change it yet.

questbg Friend

<em>@beadit 78945 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s a bit stock standard but I guess that’s why I’m usung a template 🙂 Early days – I may change it yet.</blockquote>

Hi Glenis

Your site looks really good, nice job!

Clean, sharp and fast to load – perfect.

Chris

tan2000 Friend

Really love this feature! 🙂 So gain credits become easier.

Karol Kwitniowski Friend

Thank You!!!

stretchit Friend

looking forward to learning what I can about joomla templates, I got sick of my portal 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

This topic contains 56 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  stretchit 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum