Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 168 total)
  • Author

Hi to all, just few questions: it will be possible make articles content and also modules content with this builder? It will be possible create also a template layout with module positions , for example? Thank you, i will wait the next week to test the release preview, i think a builder is a good idea if it doesn’t "denaturalize" the Joomla structure. To be clear, i don’t wont a Wix for Joomla…:-) Bye! Andrea

@supportows I am pretty sure, lots of users have same questions so let me explain more about how the builder work with Joomla pages (joomla main content).

First, the builder works with all Joomla pages and will be compatible with 3rd extensions. Its layout system can be configured in the builder, you can create more positions in the Joomla main content section. We already add the layout creation and management in the builder in the roadmap so that will help you manage Joomla layouts with ease.

Here is a screenshot of the Joomla default page layout configuration:

Let me know if you have any more question about the Joomla site builder.

Regards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

More the same…
    SP Page Builder – https://www.joomshaper.com/page-builder
    Quix Page Builder – https://www.themexpert.com/quix-pagebuilder
    I now JA Builder. What’s difference?

@ximware
    I think the video is not really clear to help you understand our Joomla site builder but I am pretty sure, it will do when you try our demo (plan to live next week).

Actually JA Site Builder is totally different from the 2 mentioned page builders.
    In short, the 2 mentioned page builders are to help build layouts by adding blocks to positions and assign widgets to the blocks and it happens in Joomla back-end.

While JA Site Builder is more friendly and easier to use, it is real time visualization as it is in front-end. Add blocks to position you want (we will create more content block, layouts and sample sites), edit and customize those blocks is so easy based on multiple options to customize each content type ( content inline edit, block, background, image, icons, …)

I hope it is helpful information in some aspects as I know the demo will definitely show you more. So be patient, demo is expected to live by next week.

Regards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi @gringo211985,

Thanks for your reply with great questions and suggestions, I would like to have some more to share.

What you WILL NEED TO DO is create content blocks/styles for 3rd party components. This will change it from a page builder to a site builder because without the 3rd party styles our job is basically the exact same as using Uber 1.
    1 or 2 Virtuemart Styles 1 or 2 RS Form Styles 1 or 2 Mijoshop Styles 1 or 2 Vik Resturant Styles and so on…

Yes, this is Joomla site builder, not simple page builder so it will have content blocks for 3rd party extensions, it is already in our roadmap. Firstly, it will support default views from the 3rd party extensions but it could be expanded for more flexibility.

These should be downloadable add-ons that we can install when needed, which include styling for all relevant pages like checkout, category, product page etc. It will also mean that we don’t have unwanted CSS files on our servers.

I have added that to our question list to discuss with the development but we will keep the core and database clean.

Each month you guys should be able to make a new header style, slideshow, 3rd party component, form, footer etc. Then put them all together as a new template! Then people can download the quickstart which will install the new combination of styles and boom! It’s a new template just like any release you do.

We will build more blocks and layout for each content type to help user have more options, but the more important things are that, the tool can help you customize layout and style of each block with ease.

Also YOU NEED TO add an option to style the CSS of the content blocks within the editor, just basic stuff like colour, font, padding would be fine. Without this feature it’s going to not be that easy for the newbies and will save devs time from writing up custom.css

Yes, for sure, but we will need to make it in smart way so we will add this to our to do list and find best solution for this feature.

Again, we really appreciate your feedback. Let us know if you have any more question and suggestion so we can make the builder better.

Regards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

I think I’ve build 20 sites with Uber, and with that it is almost perfect for me. It just takes a bit too much time to do custom overrides on the php,xml and less files. What would be really cool is, if we can now do it all in the local folder. so: Is it possible to build our own blocks/stuff. Extra note: wouldn’t it be could that users can add content to a online box, mark it so we can share each others blocks/stuff. Get points and eventually the top 10 contributors get a year free developer license I’m building blocks custom for each site now and it’s hard to reuse. Well not hard, but it takes to much time. Overall I love these kind of things equally as complete templates. Now we can choose! Amazing and good work.

@accessvirus

In JA Builder, there are 2 modes: Publish and Edit. When you edit a page, all the changes are auto saved but they are not published to users yet, only authorized users (admin) can see it and when you publish the page, user will see the updates.

We will also have a task in the To Do list for "Revision", means each time you edit content, you can saved it as a revision and later on you can revert to the revision you want, this could be helpful if a site have multiple users work on content update.

In addition, in JA Site Builder, you would have very little work in the back-end, override as we will make everything visualize with options to customize. Build own block is a good feature suggestion, I will add to our user’s question list and work with development team to find solution.

Thanks for your appreciation.

Regards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

I am building a site with Ja Teline V and With JReviews extension. Teline is cool and give me the right look I want, but deal with the template customization and the ACM module is a headache to me.
    As others said could be great easier integration with other 3rd party components. I bet for a solid and versatile framework that we can customize easier and match with our components more that monthly template release. Thus could make joomlart really useful and unique!
    Just my opinion…

@emilion
    We know Joomla has some weakness like the content edit, layout customization, ACM is desgined to help content update easier based on parameters but it still has limitation as it is not visual.

In JA Site Builder, everything is visual, inline edit will definitely be helpful, powerful options to customize pages, blocks, elements in block so you will not have to deal with layout override or find text, image to edit.

The builder will interact with all Joomla pages and 3rd party extensions. The layout configuration on front-end will be a great feature (be available in demo next week), we will also implement the layout creation on front-end feature (this is in to do list already).

Regards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Super excited as this looks very promising…. Now we can build landing pages that integrate automatically to our websites… It would nice:
    Ability to assign a "build" to a url / joomla menu item
    Offer a custom html block
    Video blocks
    Dynamic blocks with selectors of what to include: # of items, category, title, video, image, intro text, full text, etc – with source providers: joomla, k2, hika shop
    Componenet specific (Acymailing, RSForms, Registration, EasySocial registration…)
    Hide navbar / footer (for landing pages) Hope this helps. Thanks again for bringing this to life.

@vecdom Thanks for your great suggestions, some are available, some are are added to our wishlist, details as below:

1. Ability to assign a "build" to a url / joomla menu item >> Added to wishlist
    2. Offer a custom html block >> Added to wishlist
    3. Video blocks >> already support (demo to come next week) and we will add more options.
    4. Dynamic blocks with selectors of what to include: # of items, category, title, video, image, intro text, full text, etc – with source providers: joomla, k2, hika shop >> Added to wishlist
    5. Componenet specific (Acymailing, RSForms, Registration, EasySocial registration…) >> This one is already implemented (demo to come next week)
    6. Hide navbar / footer (for landing pages) >> For now, header and footer sections are displayed in all pages that use same layout, so if you want to hide navbar/footer on specific pages, you can create different layout for the pages and remove the navbar and footer.

Regards.

c45rs82wVm9y Friend

Hi

Does JA Builder work on all frameworks or only T3?

Thank you

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi
    Does JA Builder work on all frameworks or only T3?

@c45rs82wVm9y

The Joomla site builder can work on all frameworks, it is not based on T3 framework.

Regards.

pcristina Friend

OK
    Let me check
    when done to test
    free our comercial price!?

emilion Friend

I tried the demo.
    It’s cool and looks can do somethings very fast and easy, but I can’t see the way to add real no static content to the page. Publish blocks with articles of a category, organize the layout to manage easily the sidebars and the content to show there.
    I like the content and for sure by is just an early demo but I think don’t fulfill the needs of something more complex than a one page website with static content.
    Waiting to see the improvements in the next days and really excited to use in the project that I am doing right now if give me the tools I need!

GO on and congratulations to try to do something new and useful!

Alexander Kliem Friend

Nice work! When will we be able to use it? And will it be included in your plans?

charles99 Friend

Can you please explain this in more detail!

"No pain of upgrade
    The tool will be located on our server, so we take care of the upgrades such as adding more blocks, sample sites, features and your editing options are auto updated when you edit your site. So, next time you want to use any added feature, just start editing your site and the options would be auto available. Absolutely no maintenance required from your side."

Is everything being pulled from Joomlart server? And if so whats happen if your server goes down or hacked? It seem everybody Page Builder or Website Builder is trying to go around the basic features of Joomla in someways… Which could lead to Security Holes being created it Joomla. Pulling content from Joomlart should be an option for the website owner not Joomlart. And the risk of using Joomlart server should be posted before people start working from an outside server instead of working from their localhost server…. Pull it and then store it on my own server is the way to go…

I think Joomlart is the only company now asking its members to pull content from their server. Which I think is a mistake. Pulling content from your server and placing it on my server is one thing, but needing to work off Joomlart server is where I just don’t feel comfortable doing…

Again, can you explain your statement so I am clear on the process…?

Phill Moderator

Can you please explain this in more detail! Is everything being pulled from Joomlart server? And if so whats happen if your server goes down or hacked?

User content will not be pulled from JA’s servers. That would be more than plain silly. From my understanding, it will be updates to the builder that can be pulled from online. I have, like you, yet to see it all in practise and eagerly await the opportunity.

spiritharp Friend

Will this be included with the regular template subscription? Or purchased separately?

When will it be released? I need to start a new site now – trying to decide which template or builder to go with… If this is going to be released within a few weeks (to a month?) I might be able to wait.

charles99 Friend

Phill,

I am not talking about the enduser content I am talking about the setting or content you pull from Joomlart server! From what I am getting from the comment is that all settings are or will be kept on Joomlart Server… And all updates will be handle by them, so if their server goes down or is hacked everyone settings is lost! Wouldn’t it be safer to have a config file that the enduser can keep on their server with all the changes they make, and if something was to go wrong with Joomlart System, once their server is back up and running their system could simply read from a members config file when they make any new adjustments… without everyone site being offline or down due to hack or system failure. Holding on to everyone settings is a nightmare waiting to happen! Just imagine an enduser with a major client, and their client website homepage being offline until Joomlart figure out how a hacker got into your system? My clients could sue me back into the stone ages!

Ja builder should have been built as a Component of Joomla… With people being able to click on a link within Joomla to download any new blocks or update. But the risk factor is front and centered!

And shouldn’t it be called a Page Builder instead of a Site Builder?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 168 total)

This topic contains 167 replies, has 75 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum