Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I am very excited to announce some of our long pending changes. We wanted to take care of the requests we have had from you last year, but previous year was a long one with J 1.6 / 1.7 / 2.5… it really took its toll and the whole team had a stressful time. Our priority was to deliver the latest updates and support for all the Joomla! versions. We have added more developers and support team members over the year and things are much much better now and we can now focus equally on other important things.

We had been mulling about the changes and we thought of releasing everything together with a new site design but that again would have taken months. Our current site works fine for now and we will come back to upgrade later on. Here are some of the changes we plan to roll out in the next few weeks :

Please note : Any change in membership plans / new features or withdrawal of feature will not put the current users at loss. Any additional benefit will be passed to current users too, any withdrawal of service / limitations will be effective for new users only and will be in place for current users when they upgrade.

I. Now everyone can be JA Developer :

Won’t lie to you all, we have the most expensive Developer membership of all clubs and almost everyday we get feedback about the high price. For limited time we have lowered our developer membership price to $300 instead of regular $499, that makes our JA Developer more affordable to all.

Whats new :

1. Limited special price of $300.
    2. 3 Co-worker accounts for your team members (now highlighted officially)
    3. Priority Support (developer members questions would be on the top of support queue)
    4. Copyright removal and Rebranding rights included.
    5. Minor customization support.
    6. Checkout updated signup page
    7. Upgrade to JA Developer possible by paying the difference.

II. All memberships now have flat 30% OFF renewal discount

Whats changed :

• Not applicable for JATC 3 months membership.
    • Extended to JM Magento memberships, JA Wall, JA JobBoard.
    • Now choose add-ons on discounted price :
    • Choose Copyright removal or installation service as addons.
    • Get 20% OFF on addons when purchased with any membership.

III. JA Support scope :

• Commitment for bug fixes.
    • Helping users get demo site alike display.
    • Help debug compatibility issues with major / popular extensions.
    • Guide / provide hints for customization but no customization support for regular memberships.
    • Only Developer members gets customization support (major customizations not included).

IV. Credit redemption (restarting soon) :

• We are looking for replacement of the credit system plugin.
    • The credit redemption program will be reinstated in its earlier form.
    • Users can upgrade their membership with points.

VI. Paid Customization Support (coming soon)
    Why?

Lets face the fact, its not possible for us to provide customization support or site setup support for all the members, it delays our bug fixes and other support commitments. While, such support request are beyond our support scope, but we would like to provide alternative options for our users.

Features :

• There would be no reduction or change in current support workflow. Paid support (if started) would only be for users wanting customization support or urgent support (weekends).
    • JA Support staff if part of paid support team, will work in his extra time, our staff would be required to clear the daily queue first before taking up any paid support request.
    • We plan to keep the service at a nominal price and the amount would go to the support staff, JA would not take any share out of it.
    • Our role would be limited to making sure that the resolution time is within 12-24 hrs.
    • The aim is to provide dedicated support for people in need but can not be supported within our current SLA (service level agreement).
    • The programme would be open for our staff and any qualified JA member.

VII. Other changes :

RTL language support is coming back to T3 (demo soon)
    New Documentation site (will move all out from forum to that site)
    3rd party compatibility for T3 framework (will test fix bugs in the T3 framework for popular extensions)
    Buy one get one free promotion for Magento Single purchase

fredslz Friend

very cool!

janethpereirasilva Friend

Good News 😀

tom_laan84 Friend

Nice! I really like the paid support option! As a professional, making money with Joomla and JoomlArt. I wouldn’t mind to pay for support with customisation and problems. I mean, i get payed for my work so that allows me to pay for support too.

Great news!

José Luis Madrid Friend

Niceeee!!!!!

heavylove583 Friend

nice really

djaponon Friend

ok bien compris on attends que ça baisse encore : Rire:

charles99 Friend

Not another Joomla Template Club trying to get its members to pay for something that should work! People are already paying for the product now you want them to pay twice! And if you can afford to pay for Tech Support good for you, but please loss the non-sense that I am open to paying for support Bu_ _! This is how you loss your subscribers, just look how you have broken up your services already? Charging for things that use to be free! The consumers that couldn’t pay or just didn’t have the money are now members of your competitors. The Bleeding started a long time ago and while the changes above is headed in the right direction the product is what will win the users that left Joomlart to join YouJoomla, Gavick, Joomlaxtc, Rockettheme and a host of other template clubs to come back!

But forcing people to pay for Tech Support sends the wrong message??? And the next time I read a post that states “I am open to paying for Support” I am going to THROW UP!

drmiri Friend

ok very good

kiwilee Friend

Why not ask members what they want before changing the whole thing.

I am a customer I want to buy 1 or two templates and have support as I need it.

I don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars in advance like you suggest.

I suggest you read the book “Long Tail”
    Explains better the business model you should use.

We are not all big developers making lots of web sites.
    Some of us are small business owners or startup guys.
    We are happy to pay but don’t price your self out of the market or make using you so complicated we have no idea how much it will cost to just build a site.

I bought JA Wall and was very happy.
    Now I had to become a member to buy JA Hawkstore and it has been a disaster to use.
    And it cost twice as much!

Keep it simple guys and do your research on who is and who you want your clients to be.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@charles99 377927 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not another Joomla Template Club trying to get its members to pay for something that should work! People are already paying for the product now you want them to pay twice! And if you can afford to pay for Tech Support good for you, but please loss the non-sense that I am open to paying for support Bu_ _! This is how you loss your subscribers, just look how you have broken up your services already? Charging for things that use to be free! The consumers that couldn’t pay or just didn’t have the money are now members of your competitors. The Bleeding started a long time ago and while the changes above is headed in the right direction the product is what will win the users that left Joomlart to join YouJoomla, Gavick, Joomlaxtc, Rockettheme and a host of other template clubs to come back!

But forcing people to pay for Tech Support sends the wrong message??? And the next time I read a post that states “I am open to paying for Support” I am going to THROW UP!</blockquote>

We are not forcing anyone to pay nor anything in the current support workflow will change, So need not worry about that.

There are users who are looking for customization support, now we do provide customization support to users even though its beyond the support scope, but is limited to minor customizations only. So, paid support would be for such users or for users looking for urgent support work especially on the weekends (JA is closed on the weekends).

Please note, as mentioned in the announcement : JA will get nothing from paid support, the staff / user whoever would help, will get that amount.

Sure, if guys here will think that its not needed.. we will not implement it.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@kiwilee 377944 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why not ask members what they want before changing the whole thing.

I am a customer I want to buy 1 or two templates and have support as I need it.

I don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars in advance like you suggest.

I suggest you read the book “Long Tail”
    Explains better the business model you should use.

We are not all big developers making lots of web sites.
    Some of us are small business owners or startup guys.
    We are happy to pay but don’t price your self out of the market or make using you so complicated we have no idea how much it will cost to just build a site.

I bought JA Wall and was very happy.
    Now I had to become a member to buy JA Hawkstore and it has been a disaster to use.
    And it cost twice as much!

Keep it simple guys and do your research on who is and who you want your clients to be.</blockquote>

1. The changes are based on user feedback, nothing is from JA side on that.
    2. JA Wall and JATC are separate membership, there is little we can do about that for now.
    3. If you have suggestions, please let us know… we will consider them.
    4. You can PM me the thread / ticket of your JA Hawkstore issue.

g2webs Friend

cool , awesome

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

I have updated the paid support part of the announcement with the following 2 points :

1. There would be no reduction or change in current support workflow. Paid support (if started) would only be for users wanting customization support or urgent support (weekends).

2. JA Support staff if part of paid support team, will work in his extra time, our staff would be required to clear the daily queue first before taking up any paid support request.

————————————————————————————

Let me make it very clear that paid support (if started) will have no effect on the support quality or our standard reply time. Paid support would be for users looking for devs to help with their customizations or urgent tasks which are not covered under JA Support scope. If implemented and if JA support staff is interested to provide such services, he / she would be doing that only after they finish the daily queue.

We have added 2 more support guys last week to help with the forum and ticket support and we are trying to improve the support workflow.

I think the word “paid support” is not correct, it should be “Paid customization support”. What you guys think. We will scrap it, if its going to create confusion, last thing we want is anyone thinking that we are greedy.

kapous Friend

verrrrrrrrrrrry gooooooood

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)

This topic contains 104 replies, has 88 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum