Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

To create module position in Joomla! 1.5.x and it’s not in the dropdown list, please do as follow:

• Go to your desire module configuration page by click on its name.
    • In Position dropdown box, use your mouse to select all text in that box, then enter a new name of position there
    • Finally, click Save, your new position has been created and your module has been published to that position also.

——-

paycheck Friend

I have 1.1.2 VM and Latest joomla version. I am trying to install the mod position ja_vm_cat_browse
    using the tutorial below but it will not work. I am inside hte admin of VM and clicked on teh category tree, then clicked on a category and tried to add this ja_vm_cat_browse to the drop down box but it will not accept anything, it is locked.

Please advise.

<blockquote># You will see a large list icon. Click to Category Tree
    # After that, click to a product categories.
    # You will see a Parameter named: Category Browser Page. It is name of template which is used to display product category. Change this value to : ja_vm_cat_browse (this is template JA design for better presentation).</blockquote>

cgc0202 Friend

Hi Hung,

I am using Joomla 1.5.7- Teline II v1.6.

I am interested with a procedure to create new user postions not a copy of an existing module. For example, in Teline II, I wanted to add the following new user positions:

1. A full width new user position just below the Header and the “Menu position” in Teline II that spans the full width of and above the “Content Section”
    2. A full width new user position just below the Content section in Teline II that spans the full width of and above the “Content Section” and abeve the Footer position.
    3. A single column new user position, on the right section that is below and spans both the current “Left” and “Right” positions in the right section of Teline II
    4. A vertical (full span) position that is a true “left section”, in th e “Main Section” found to the left and vertically spanning the “JA News Frontpage”, “JA News” and “User positions 8 & 9”, but not the Footer position.

If the procedure to create the aforementioned positions, is as you outlined in the original post of this thread, please clarify the steps:

<em>@Hung Dinh 67335 wrote:</em><blockquote>To create module position in Joomla! 1.5.x and it’s not in the dropdown list, please do as follow:

• Go to your desire module configuration page by click on its name.
    • </blockquote>

This is vague (or may not apply to what I have in mind. I can find Global configuration or Message Configuration, but no information on module configuration.
      </blockquote>

Can you please provide the route path to achieve the step you stated above? Did you mean:

Path Route 1

administrator => Extensions => Module manager => then what?

or something else?

<em>@Hung Dinh 67335 wrote:</em><blockquote>

• In Position dropdown box, use your mouse to select all text in that box, then enter a new name of position there
    • Finally, click Save, your new position has been created and your module has been published to that position also.

</blockquote>

I cannot proceed to this step unless I am clear with the first step.

Cornelio

iamdbat Friend

I’d Like to create four new module positions on the botom of the template jaKulanite – can you help me create these?

inseal Friend

Hey I think ‘ve found what you’re looking for. You need to go to
    extension
    install/unistall
    module

Hope it helps
    V

inseal Friend

Sorry, you have to go to
    extension
    module manager
    click on module
    then change position name as described by dinh

But then It doesn’t tell us how to assign this new position?! If you find out , thank you to let me know.

cgc0202 Friend

Hello,

I have never been able to makea new position module using the Tutorial provided by Hung, in this thread — something is missing.

I just want to share that Hainn provided a more systematic creation of new positions in response to this thread:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/horizontal-hot-topic-to-span-page-width-just-below-magazine-menu/

For example, the Newsflash as discussed in another thread

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/bug-how-come-the-newflash-is-not-showing-in-teline-ii/

does not show at Top — even if there is a “Top” position and the Newsflash module is not only “Published” but is supposed to appear at the Top position in the default format of the Demo page for Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II. As discussed there, the Newsflash of course will appear, if you place it in other positions, like in THE USER5 osition (read discussion in the latter forum thread).

Using the tutorial of Hainn on how to create a new position

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/horizontal-hot-topic-to-span-page-width-just-below-magazine-menu/

you can now place the Newsflash module in a position that will span the whole page — between the Navigation menu and the .Main Body section of the page. If you do not want to place it there, you mmay use the procedure outlined by Hainn in the aforementioned thread, to create new positions in other locations.

Cornelio

alssafeer Friend

good jop, thank you

sunrise Friend

Thanks for the links. I had been looking for something like that myself. Saved me a lot of time.

jtucker1988 Friend

I have a desire to add module positions as well. I understand the 1st reply; however, lets say that I am using a template that came configured with 9 module positions and I wanted to have 10 module positions. Would I not have to edit the index.php file to include the added/new module (i.e. module #10)?

sagitar6387 Friend

More I want to know is , how to add a position at “my desired” position. From previous threads, I know how to add new position declaration and apply a module to this position. HOWEVER how to add the position to my desired location ? For example to somewhere used before ? Please give us more details ! Thanks.

wineblue2 Friend

Hi Hung,

I’ve tried this multiple times in Joomla 2.5 with the new release of the JA Norite template in order to create the Col Mass1 position in relation to this template. It does in fact create the position in the module position list, however, it does not list it with the Norite template or any template for that matter. Furthermore, It does not display the Twitter Updates module I have tried to use in this position on the frontend and in the module manager the position is actually showing as col mass1. Please advise…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  wineblue2 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum