Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

This may be related to my separate inquiry. There is a default module called “Newsflash” and its default mode is published in the “top position”.

I looked at the News and there is a category called “Newsflash” with articles that are “published”.

How come they are not showing????

Cornelio

mayke Friend

Hi,
    Same problem, it shows only on joomla menu not in the magazine /jazin menus.
    Hope telline II coming with the latest update soon.

vinnyams Friend

dis you enable show on frontpage?

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@vinnyams 87129 wrote:</em><blockquote>dis you enable show on frontpage?</blockquote>

Hi vinnyams,

In the Demo page, the Newsflash is default enabled that should show in the position “top”. However, when I perform this:

http://mysite.org/index.php?tp=1

to locate the various positions — the position “top” is not one of those found — that is the problem.

One solution is to place it elsewhere, like Position 5, as shown in this Sandbox:

The right side of my site though is too crowded already, it gets very long, creating a very long blank space in the JA News section. So, I do not want to do that, if possible..

Cornelio

vinnyams Friend

if i check the module posoiion guide i dont see top

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mayke 87028 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    Same problem, it shows only on joomla menu not in the magazine /jazin menus.
    Hope telline II coming with the latest update soon.</blockquote>

I hope so mayke. I need a newsflash that will either stream at the top or between the Magazine Menu and the Main Body

<em>@vinnyams 87171 wrote:</em><blockquote>if i check the module posoiion guide i dont see top</blockquote>

It is in the list when you access the listed positions vinnyams.

Cornelio

vinnyams Friend

yes it’s it the list but here http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/module-positions-layout/ the top position is not mentioned.

or is this not for the quikstart

cgc0202 Friend

I just want to share that Hainn provided a more systematic creation of new positions in response to this thread:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/horizontal-hot-topic-to-span-page-width-just-below-magazine-menu/

For example, the Newsflash can now be placed in a position that will span the whole page — between the Navigation menu and the .Main Body section of the page. If you do not want to place it there, you mmay use the procedure outlined by Hainn in the aforementioned thread, to create new positions in other locations.

Cornelio

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum