Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author

<em>@creativesmythe 310750 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Tom,,

Ok… Not real sure what I just did but now the JA logo is gone at the top and the bottom…however my image still isn’t showing up. I think the problem is that I am not uploading it to the proper location. I was using the media manager to upload the image,….where am I suppose to upload the image?[/quote]
    I would recommend uploading your image via FTP to your templatesja_tirisimages folder

Also, is your site using a particular color theme, or are you using the default theme?

FYI – I am going to transfer your supplemental issues to a separate thread within the JA Tiris section.

Also, do you know how I can fix the lines undernearth my products on the homepage …they are not aligned properly and they are very small…Its it possible to make the images bigger? Im using virtue mart…and the images are bigger on the product description screen but super small on the home page. I would realy like to have my viruemart displayed here like it is on the orisite template… the add to cart popup is bigger…and I like the boxes around the login info and the border line across the top of the check out page. I have downloaded the orisite template however im not sure how to make the changes that I would like to see. Also not sure how to get my ratings stars to show up?

Here is the link to my staging site:
    creativesmythe.cloudaccess.net</blockquote>

creativesmythe Friend

ok I will upload it via FTP. I have it set on the default theme…but I will be changing it later. …thanks for the transfer
    wendye

TomC Moderator

<em>@creativesmythe 310759 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok I will upload it via FTP. I have it set on the default theme…but I will be changing it later. …thanks for the transfer
    wendye</blockquote>
    Here is the link for the new thread for the other issues –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/need-help-with-some-display-issues/

creativesmythe Friend

I went into my ftp manager. Added my logo to the images folder. Went back to template manager to make sure that the image was in the right place. cleared the cache and saved…. my logo still didn’t show up… not at the top not at the bottom.. does it matter if it is png? Im not sure what to do next.:((

TomC Moderator

<em>@creativesmythe 310839 wrote:</em><blockquote>I went into my ftp manager. Added my logo to the images folder. Went back to template manager to make sure that the image was in the right place. cleared the cache and saved…. my logo still didn’t show up… not at the top not at the bottom.. does it matter if it is png? Im not sure what to do next.:((</blockquote>
    I tell you what . . . send me a private message with site administration access, as well as FTP access info – specifically:
    FTP Host:
    FTP Username:
    FTP Password:

I will take a look for you in a bit and see if I can get it to work for you.

😎

creativesmythe Friend

ok, I sent the PM … thanks so much:)

creativesmythe Friend

Is the size of the footer logo the same? 91×200?:-[

kundanamitabh Friend

Hi TomC !

I have the similar problem in changing the logo.png in JA-Nex Template. I tried to transfer the new logo.png through FTP in different template folders. But could not succeed. Transfers were failed all the times. I even tried to do the same directly in File Manager for replacing the logo.png with a new one but it could n’t took place.Once I also transferred the log.gif in to image folder of the template. But nothing happened. Surprisingly logo was found displayed on Administration (back end) interface. What is required to be done ? Please suggest. Thanks.:((

TomC Moderator

<em>@kundanamitabh 313699 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi TomC !

I have the similar problem in changing the logo.png in JA-Nex Template. I tried to transfer the new logo.png through FTP in different template folders. But could not succeed. Transfers were failed all the times. I even tried to do the same directly in File Manager for replacing the logo.png with a new one but it could n’t took place.Once I also transferred the log.gif in to image folder of the template. But nothing happened. Surprisingly logo was found displayed on Administration (back end) interface. What is required to be done ? Please suggest. Thanks.:((</blockquote>

1. Into which template folder(s) did you upload your logo image file?

2. Are you using a particular template color theme for your site?

So that I may best try to assist you and provide you with concise guidance as to what you need to do within your template/site structure, please provide the url of the site you’re working on, as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings

kundanamitabh Friend

Hi TomC !
    1. Am not sure but I had successfully transferred the new logo.png in to the image folder of Bluestork admin Panel through FTP. But new logo.png was unable to be transferred in to Template – ja_nex – Images folder through FTP to replace the existing one logo.png in the folder. Tried Four to Five times. But it was not being transferred. Command executed error meassage encountered was as follows:
    Status: Starting upload of C:UsersKAPicturesLOGO_SNlogo.png
    Command: CWD /httpdocs/templates/ja_nex/images
    Response: 250 CWD command successful
    Command: PWD
    Response: 257 “/httpdocs/templates/ja_nex/images” is the current directory
    Command: TYPE I
    Response: 200 Type set to I
    Command: PASV
    Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (184,168,69,86,223,50).
    Command: STOR logo.png
    Response: 550 logo.png: Permission denied
    Error: Critical file transfer error

2. Am not sure about a particular template color theme used for the site.

3. URL of the site is sarkarinaukri.com

4. I have set now Optimize CSS” to “No

Thanks.

benmont86 Friend

hi Tom, I have just replaced my logo with an image which is pretty large. However, as you point out in your tutorial, one simply needs to adjust the width and height right? well, in the template.css file in the section where you change the image for the logo, there is NO width or height parameters. Well, i just added them but no effect takes place in terms of size. I can see my logo on the homepage but only left top corrner of the image. How can i rezise the image properly? is there any specific place where i should enter the width and height parameters within the code? thanks.ill appreciate it as usual

TomC Moderator

<em>@benmont86 314063 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi Tom, I have just replaced my logo with an image which is pretty large. However, as you point out in your tutorial, one simply needs to adjust the width and height right? well, in the template.css file in the section where you change the image for the logo, there is NO width or height parameters. Well, i just added them but no effect takes place in terms of size. I can see my logo on the homepage but only left top corrner of the image. How can i rezise the image properly? is there any specific place where i should enter the width and height parameters within the code? thanks.ill appreciate it as usual</blockquote>

So that I may best try to assist you and provide you with concise guidance as to what you need to do within your template/site structure, please provide the url of the site you’re working on, as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings

benmont86 Friend

<em>@TomC 314090 wrote:</em><blockquote>please provide the url of the site you’re working on</blockquote>
    I have sent my details in a pm. I really hope you can help me out. thanks in advance

kundanamitabh Friend

<em>@kundanamitabh 313866 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi TomC !
    1. Am not sure but I had successfully transferred the new logo.png in to the image folder of Bluestork admin Panel through FTP. But new logo.png was unable to be transferred in to Template – ja_nex – Images folder through FTP to replace the existing one logo.png in the folder. Tried Four to Five times. But it was not being transferred. Command executed error meassage encountered was as follows:
    Status: Starting upload of C:UsersKAPicturesLOGO_SNlogo.png
    Response: 250 CWD command successful
    Command: PWD
    Response: 257 “/httpdocs/templates/ja_nex/images” is the current directory
    Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (184,168,69,86,223,50).

2. Am not sure about a particular template color theme used for the site.

3. URL of the site is sarkarinaukri.com

4. I have set now Optimize CSS” to “No

Thanks.</blockquote>

I have resolved the issue in following manner:

Hi !
    I was getting following error while trying to uploading a file, logo.png through the FTP.
    Command: 250 CWD command successful
    Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (184,168,69,86,177,113).

Tried everythings except contacting our server host provider. I didn’t get any result.
    It was resolved by the Server host provider. According to them, that directory was owned by apache.
    They updated the ownership immediately.
    In this way I became successful in uploading the files.

TomC Moderator

<em>@benmont86 314331 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have sent my details in a pm. I really hope you can help me out. thanks in advance</blockquote>

Try changing the CSS for the following as well . . .

/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css …. at line 986

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo-t3.gif) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    height: 28px;
    width: 184px;
    }

Also, what modifications did you make when things went whacky?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)

This topic contains 69 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  knerten 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum