Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author

<em>@webmastersam 299005 wrote:</em><blockquote>I did component >search> filter akeeba…. its not there .pls help</blockquote>

Hi,

You don’t need to do a search. When you hover the mouse over Components you will see a list (search is in this list). Akeeba should be one of the first on the list if it is installed.

webmastersam Friend

Yes, i installed it and it confirmed installed, becouse of what you have just said i went back to refresh and checked again but its not part of the list. then installed again but nothing. i am runing on local host could that be the problem?

swissa Friend

Akeeba works on localhost without any problems.

What is listed under components?

webmastersam Friend

banner
    contact
    ja ex mamger
    k2
    kauneena forum
    messaging
    newsfeeds
    redirects
    search
    weblinks.

respectively this order

swissa Friend

Then for some reason it doesn’t look as though it has installed.

Let’s check that the file you are installing is correct. It should be com_akeeba-3.3.9-core.zip (the numbers may be different).

Try going to Extensions/Extension Manger and click on Discover. This shows files not installed properly.

If there is nothing there then try installing again.

You should see this screen after install.

If it fails it could be due to permissions on your WAMP. Check these and try again.

1. Screen-Shot-2012-02-06-at-13.23.26
    2. Screen-Shot-2012-02-06-at-13.51.07
    webmastersam Friend

Ok i have checked it doesnt seem to have installed below is the file i downloaded

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/backup/1606

then i clicked on download

Got this page.
    https://www.akeebabackup.com/download/akeebacore.html

went on akeeba back up and clicked on this link …….Download translation files directly from our CDN page

dats it.

is this the right file?

swissa Friend

https://www.akeebabackup.com/download/akeeba-backup/akeeba-backup-3-3-13.html

Download the quickstart guide too and read it. It will help you a lot.

If you get any problems read the guide or go to akeeba. They have masses of documentation and help guides which will be faster for you! I haven’t used a windows machine for over 10 years so have no idea about setting permissions etc on wamp.

Any other problems please start a new thread. 🙂

benmont86 Friend

I have followed all your instructions exactly, but the JA travel logo still there.

TomC Moderator

<em>@benmont86 301649 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have followed all your instructions exactly, but the JA travel logo still there.</blockquote>
    Are you using a different color theme other than “default” for your primary site?

Have you cleared both the JAT3 cache and your browser cache, and then refreshed the page?

benmont86 Friend

<em>@TomC 301655 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you using a different color theme other than “default” for your primary site?

Have you cleared both the JAT3 cache and your browser cache, and then refreshed the page?</blockquote>

yes, I am using a different theme color Tom, so how does this affect changing the logo, and if youd be kind enough to tell me how to clear the JAT3 cache? thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@benmont86 301660 wrote:</em><blockquote>yes, I am using a different theme color Tom, so how does this affect changing the logo, </blockquote>
    If you are going to actively use one of the alternative color themes, then you need to make sure that you modify the css for the logo for that color theme – just as you did for the default theme.

Simply open up the color theme’s css file and modify the logo css just as you did for the default – making sure you include the same path to your logo image and adjust the width/height parameters accordingly.

<em>@benmont86 301660 wrote:</em><blockquote>and if youd be kind enough to tell me how to clear the JAT3 cache? thanks</blockquote>
    Its a link up in/on the top right of your site administration

benmont86 Friend

<em>@TomC 301664 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you are going to actively use one of the alternative color themes, then you need to make sure that you modify the css for the logo for that color theme – just as you did for the default theme.

Simply open up the color theme’s css file and modify the logo css just as you did for the default – making sure you include the same path to your logo image and adjust the width/height parameters accordingly.

Its a link up in/on the top right of your site administration</blockquote>
    I must be doing something really stupid or something must be wrong with my installation, but I still cant upload my logo, after doing all this, editing template.css for the color im using, clearing cache, etc…plus my website has a different color than i specified when i use firefox. Please, Tom, what am i doing wrong?

TomC Moderator

<em>@benmont86 301973 wrote:</em><blockquote>I must be doing something really stupid or something must be wrong with my installation, but I still cant upload my logo, after doing all this, editing template.css for the color im using, clearing cache, etc…plus my website has a different color than i specified when i use firefox. Please, Tom, what am i doing wrong?</blockquote>
    Send me a private message with your site administration info, as well as FTP access info – and I will try to take a look and see if I can figure out what the issue might be. Give me a day or two (it’s my step-daughter’s birthday today – kind of booked later) 😎

creativesmythe Friend

Hello, I did what you listed above however, the logo image did not change. I also tried changing the footer logo… now the footer logo doesn’t show up however, my logo doesn’t either. I don’t know what I am doing wrong….I saved and cleared the cache.

Please let me know if you have advice…. this is for JA TIRIS Joomla 2.5

Thanks,
    Wendye

TomC Moderator

<em>@creativesmythe 310741 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, I did what you listed above however, the logo image did not change. I also tried changing the footer logo… now the footer logo doesn’t show up however, my logo doesn’t either. I don’t know what I am doing wrong….I saved and cleared the cache.

Please let me know if you have advice…. this is for JA TIRIS Joomla 2.5

Thanks,
    Wendye</blockquote>
    Wendye:
    So that I may best try to assist you and provide you with concise guidance as to what you need to do within your template/site structure, please provide the url of the site you’re working on, as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)

This topic contains 69 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  knerten 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum