Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

It still seems to be difficult for me to guess the issue and provide any solution. So, please let me know your site URL and get me some screenshots of the problems?

knerten Friend

Thank you very much!

URL: http://www.paydesign.no

I’d just like my logo anywhere on the top banner. Preferably in the middle, but anywhere would be nice. I must have changed something wrong in the css for this not to work.

I really appreciate any help 🙂

…and if you do take a look at my page, do you see that a bit down on the page, the text on the left is missing. Would you please tell me where I can try to fix that as well?

Thanks!

knerten Friend

I think I’m a bit closer. At least back where I started with the Vista logo.
    I finally found the css file on my computer and managed to change the settings in the template.css back to normal.
    But still, I’m not quite sure what to do to get it replaced with my own.

I’ve made a logo and I did up lode it in the Media manager in Vintas. But do I have to uplode it somewhere in the folder on my computer as well?
    And then what? Shall I replace the vistas quick start.zip file with a new one in extensions manager? I’m so afraid to erase everything I’ve done so far…

Saguaros Moderator

Hi knerten,

You can open file: /templates/ja_vintas/css/template.css, at approx line 869:

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    width: 133px;
    height: 119px;
    }

The red text is path of logo image, you can place your own logo in that image folder then clean JAT3 cache.

You can attache a screenshot of position you want to place logo, I shall give you advice

See you around.

knerten Friend

Thanks!
    I have changed the name on the old JA Vista logo and my own so that my own is called logo.png. And I’ve changed the sizes inside the template.css to match my new logo.
    The problem is that my new logo is on my computer. Not somewhere in the template online yet, and I don’t know how to get it there. Well, it is on lie as well, as I uploaded it with the Media manager as well, but I must be missing something, because it still doesn’t show.
    I’m on a Mac (not used to it yet), and I don’t know how to take screenshots…Gosh, I fell like such a beginner at this…

But if you please take a look on my page: http://www.paydesign.no, I’d just like the JA Vista logo replaced. In the upper left corner of the page.

And I’ve followed the instructions in this tread, but somewhere I got lost.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

You need to upload your own logo to that image folder in your web folder. Then remember to clean all caches. As I can see, your site still uses JA Vintas logo.

knerten Friend

But I don’t know where to uplode it. I’ve placed it in the Media manager under images. But the JA Vista logo isn’t placed there. The JA Vista logo isn’t placed anywhere in the Media Manager.

On my computer I find the JA Vista logo and a whole lot of other images and none of them are to be found in my Media Manager. There is something here I’m missing…

swissa Friend

<em>@knerten 366292 wrote:</em><blockquote>But I don’t know where to uplode it. I’ve placed it in the Media manager under images. But the JA Vista logo isn’t placed there. The JA Vista logo isn’t placed anywhere in the Media Manager.

On my computer I find the JA Vista logo and a whole lot of other images and none of them are to be found in my Media Manager. There is something here I’m missing…</blockquote>

This is the path for the image – http://www.paydesign.no/templates/ja_vintas/images/logo.png so you need to load the new logo into this folder and call it logo.png

or you need to edit the css http://www.paydesign.no/templates/ja_vintas/css/template.css at line 869

h1.logo a{

• background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left; < put the right path in here
    • display: block;
    • width: 133px;
    • height: 119px;

}

Media manager is generally used for content and not fo logos or favicons etc. Hope that solves it for you.

knerten Friend

Thank you so much Swissa!
    I’ve managed both to replace the logo, make it bigger and place it in the center.

Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

This topic contains 69 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  knerten 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum