Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

<em>@iaweb 446604 wrote:</em><blockquote>As great as this poll is, it works for smaller hotels and pensions etc.. only in my opinion.

Larger Hotels and Hotel Chains do use commercial booking Systems which do more than just handle website bookings, there are GDS Systems to connect to, there are OTA’s to connect to etc… So, as said the Joomla Extensions are fine for smaller hotels and guesthouses but most of the international hotels will have no use for them, as they need an implementation from their existing Booking Systems, which most of the time ends up with a Form Handler (like Chronoforms etc..) and than a switch to the external booking system which mimics the design of the hotel’s website…

For clarification, we have 121 International Hotels and Hotel Groups (mainly in Asia) as customers and pretty much specialize in this area only with 90% of our business in the Hospitality Industry…

Hope this helps…

Heiko</blockquote>

All that is well, but then again all these extensions are not meant for mainstream hotels, they have their own and proprietary systems… people who use these are the agencies, and websites for private accommodation and family hotels… and that amounts of 85 % of accommodation worldwide. so its safe to say it will be used quite often.

vimes Friend

<em>@splico123 446733 wrote:</em><blockquote>All that is well, but then again all these extensions are not meant for mainstream hotels, they have their own and proprietary systems… people who use these are the agencies, and websites for private accommodation and family hotels… and that amounts of 85 % of accommodation worldwide. so its safe to say it will be used quite often.</blockquote>

Spot on. My clients are mainly developers building for travel agencies, or people building their own portals (oddly, it seems to be mostly the latter, rather than the former).

vacationsunlimited Friend

Es la mejor y mas completa, solo le falta mejor vista, this is the best, the only thing they need is a beautiful template

vacationsunlimited Friend

jomrs have in one component multiservices, not only hotel, like tours, car, yachts and more, so travel template template wiil be the best fot jomres!!!

nsprime Friend

I wish to see the power of joomlart extended content style (cck) showcasing destinations. Just like they showcase template on uber.

splico123 Friend

Is there anything going on here? we gonna see it soon or? Update please so we know what to expect in november release?

Upendra Friend

Finally, it’s great to see Joomlart developing travel focused temple. It would help lots of travel business owners like me in the Website. I cam currently using Decor with some customizations. It has been fine so far.

Well, I would recommend Joomlart to focus not only for hotels but whole travel industry. Some functions to include in my opinion will be:

01, Booking system with Payment options to PayPal or another site. Booking with PayPal would be of course nice and useful for many people.

02, Holiday filter options with extra input field for Joomla articles. Extra field filtering would be nice, such as Holiday type, duration, activity, price etc. Something like JA K2 filter but with Joomla native articles, not for K2.

03, Another nice thing is Holiday or room reviewing options. Something like submit review or similar option.

These options would be nice to see in upcoming travel template! Thanks you Joomlart, you have been great so far!

splico123 Friend

Maybe devs will update us on eta for this now that Uber is out. some nice features on ACM module, maybe use that for Travel template….

Pls update on ETA for travel template if you can guys, appreciated.

splico123 Friend

Have you guys given up on this one?

vaddyk Friend

It would be great to see this template soon. The idea is amazing.

splico123 Friend

<em>@vaddyk 452520 wrote:</em><blockquote>It would be great to see this template soon. The idea is amazing.</blockquote>

This is why i asked, some of us were really looking forward to this concept.

Phill Moderator

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news but currently the project is on hold. Hopefully the next release will be the much awaited Teline V

quannv79 Friend

I’m waiting the new travel Template from Joomlart also, hope it will come soon.
    Meanwhile our customer can not wait then I make a travel portal template at http://jbsummer.joombooking.com/, which is based on T3 framework

Any comment will be appreciated!

<em>@vaddyk 452520 wrote:</em><blockquote>It would be great to see this template soon. The idea is amazing.</blockquote>

splico123 Friend

Thats too bad, this could have been very very interesting and successful project, bad choice JA on putting it on hold.

vimes Friend

<em>@quannv79 452703 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m waiting the new travel Template from Joomlart also, hope it will come soon.
    Meanwhile our customer can not wait then I make a travel portal template at http://jbsummer.joombooking.com/, which is based on T3 framework

Any comment will be appreciated!</blockquote>

It’s a shame, I was looking forward to seeing what JA came up with too.

If you’ve got a Jomres license, however, you will be pleased to see that we released our own template based on T3, have a look at https://demo.jomres.net and let us know what you think.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

This topic contains 47 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  vimes 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum