Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Hello friends,

In October, we will be releasing a responsive Joomla Travel template. Our developers have done the research and come up with a list of Travel extensions, which can be implemented in the template. But most of them are commercial, so we need to know which one is more popular with our members and we will style for it.

What is your favorite Travel extension for Joomla? Your vote matters! We will choose the Joomla extension to implement in October template based on your votes.

Thank you and love to hear your insights on Joomla travel extension!

*Note: This vote is multiple choice. Feel free to show your love <3 !

swissa Friend

Why not go the extra mile?

Style for TWO.

Top paid PLUS top free.

That would give your subscribers a REAL choice and probably help take up of the template.

molodev Friend

IMHO Solidres and JomHoliday are the best looking and best thought one to start from.

Solidres is intuitively organised and (big plus) gives the possibility to offer various price packages for an item
    (for example, a two night-stay plus breakfast and dinner and so on… )

Jomholiday looks good but i don’t like the fact that it is only after one has chosen the date that one can see / choose what they call the ressources (the available elements like 1st class room with balcony, 2nd class room without etc.)

The other Competitor all look messy / overloaded in general. Some use popups to show some informations ( like jomres ) what would be for me an argument not to buy install it.
    Just my two cents…

dgrossu Friend

I voted for Solidres because I liked to see the large view that emphasizes comfort, quality time etc. JomHoliday has also a nice and clean page, as an invitation to go on holiday. JomRes is also nice since as a user who wants to book a holiday, I would be looking at everything from hotels, accommodations to food, safe places to visit, etc.

pmcauchi Friend

I voted for JomHoliday because it had a good set of features like the rest of the pack…but it seemed to function better on our Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, iPad and Windows tablets.

I tested all of the demos on each device and most of them seemed sluggish and some buggy. The JomHoliday wasn’t perfect but it seemed to work better than the rest. FYI… this is all over a 25MB Wi-fi.

None of them looked like they were developed for mobile.. for example, drop-downs are a no no and the selection box’s/areas were too small in most of them…in my opinion

My logic is that this will be used extensively by travelers on the go and today this means tablets and smartphones.

lndesigns Friend

I don’t know what glue you guys are all on, but Jomres DOESN’t have pop-overs, and it’s VERY RESPONSIVE, the menu system in tablet/mobile version is only because of the TEMPLATE (which still works just great anyways)… of which JOOMLART would make it look even better,… it looks FANTASTIC in my mobile device in spite of it being another template, and I know I would just be THRILLED with what JOOMLART could do with it.
    GO TO THEIR DEMO PAGE – http://www.jomres-demo.net/quickstart/index.php?lang=en
    They also have “extras” that can be added to their stay (like a massage, dinner, whatever one wants to have set up for the hotel)
    There’s responsive pricing depending on how booked the hotel is (like how motel 6 does), and there’s even FRONT DESK capabilities if the hotel wishes to use the system as their own FD software, with checkin/checkout, cleaning schedules for staff… the works.
    Even bookings will update in real time to other online booking systems like Expedia or Booking.com.
    PERSONALLY, I love Jomres… and its super-advanced options is amazing! I love how it can be not only for someone to book their holiday, but something the hotel itself can really utilize.
    THAT by far is the MOST ADVANCED software I can find with booking softwares… and what I have mentioned BARELY scrapes the surface….

JOMRES. *bows to it’s complexities that makes it the most versatile system out there* :-*:-*

Jacques de Palmas Friend

JomHoliday seems to be the best one !

Regards

Palmak

Ken Hsieh Friend

I’d rather like Solidres free and paid. Thank you.

Henning Friend

Hi Guys,

I just hope that it’s a free extension. For example, I loved the template ‘JA Decor’ but I was a bit sceptical as I had to purchase ‘Mijoshop’ for the full features of the template and it wasn’t cheap!

I admire the work you guys do on templates and extensions, always of high standard and quality. I’ll be a JA Member for Life! I really hope you guys would rather create your own extensions instead of adding 3rd Party extensions. I would even be prepared to pay a little bit extra on my Membership for these extensions you create.

I voted for Solidres beacuse you get more features on the free version than any other.

Thanks for the great work guys, keep it up!

Regards,
    Henning

reivaj01 Friend

I’m too vote for Joomres, simply teh best

mandig Friend

Gamers paid & free. Thanks

dbahsa Friend

Hi Hung,
    Please, please, please go for Jomres… I am even ready to pay for extra $$$ so that you could do it 😀
    Kindest regards,
    DKN

quannv79 Friend
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

In point of view extension should be free .
    Every month users waiting for new template desperately . If a template is come with a support(Themes) of third party extension , many users loves it , but when its only paid (paid extension) many users not able to use the template properly .
    My votes for these 3
    Solidres | Free
    JomRes | Paid & Free
    JHotelReservation | Free

So every user can use it 😀

All the Best JA

vimes Friend

Thanks to those folks who’ve supported Jomres in this vote.

We’ve long been fans of JA templates, and the new version of our Quickstart demo will be based on T3 ( see here for a sneak peek of what’s under development https://www.facebook.com/jomres ).

The prospect of having a template built by designers for Jomres makes me a little moist and you can be assured that we will jump at the chance to support JA’s integration if they choose to use Jomres as the focal point of their new template.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

This topic contains 47 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  vimes 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum