Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

Before I vote I would like to know, is this template going to be a single hotel or a comparison type template?

Thanks,
    Richard

splico123 Friend

This is the best idea in long time from joomlart, awesome idea and to make it better include the top 2 chosen extensions for people to be covered since as we can see big majority will be split between top two.

This is first template i am actually looking forward to, especially if they start including some of their own extensions with the skins for jomres etc.

AWESOME IDEA JA… hope it goes well.

splico123 Friend

<em>@vimes 445479 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks to those folks who’ve supported Jomres in this vote.

We’ve long been fans of JA templates, and the new version of our Quickstart demo will be based on T3 ( see here for a sneak peek of what’s under development https://www.facebook.com/jomres ).

The prospect of having a template built by designers for Jomres makes me a little moist and you can be assured that we will jump at the chance to support JA’s integration if they choose to use Jomres as the focal point of their new template.</blockquote>

If this is vince posting, big hello to the most awesome guy out there.. his setup has made my business awesome.

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Pankajsharma,

You do realize that all of these components in essence are PAID FOR! The free versions of all of these components are extremely limited and provide no support. I would suggest you guys take a long hard look and choose the one that will be least expensive that has the features we’re all looking for.

Thanks,
    Richard

vimes Friend

Yes it is! Hi to the second most awesome guy out there!

splico123 Friend

<em>@gringo211985 445547 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Pankajsharma,

You do realize that all of these components in essence are PAID FOR! The free versions of all of these components are extremely limited and provide no support. I would suggest you guys take a long hard look and choose the one that will be least expensive that has the features we’re all looking for.

Thanks,
    Richard</blockquote>

Actually that is if you want to play with it, but people who vote here are the ones who actually pay and use it, like we do for the JA stuff here, so if you ask me it is my opinion people who use them will vote, since people who dont, they wont use or will actually buy the good ones.

gringo211985 Friend

I am a paid for member here and always pay for extensions when they are good enough to warrant paying for. I have no problem with paying for anything that is good.

But…

If JA choose an extension because it’s free which none of them really are and it is limited in the paid for version then it’s going to suck. What we need is the best extension that will provide the best functionality for a hotel management system.

Also I don’t agree with the extension dev’s voting and posting in this thread as they are obviously all biased. This should be for the JA users only imho.

Thanks,
    Richard

splico123 Friend

<em>@gringo211985 445557 wrote:</em><blockquote>I
    Also I don’t agree with the extension dev’s voting and posting in this thread as they are obviously all biased. This should be for the JA users only imho.

Thanks,
    Richard</blockquote>

Totally agree with this part.

nsprime Friend

Please add provision to make it like a travel portal that showcase destinations, attractions and accommodations. thanks.

quannv79 Friend

<em>@nsprime 445657 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please add provision to make it like a travel portal that showcase destinations, attractions and accommodations. thanks.</blockquote>
    Definitively, travel template should cover the some aspect of travel industry like package, room, ticket, transfer.

cacaurio Friend

I prefer the solidres because it is easy, friendly and free. Also I like the JHotelReservation for the graphic interface.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@gringo211985 445547 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Pankajsharma,

Thanks,
    Richard</blockquote>

HI Richard
    JomRes is paid as well as free and seems it is in the race of Poll . I think if somebody feel t has limited option he can go for paid .
    Currently its all up to members first to choose what is best .. Lets c what will be the output ..
    i am also waiting for it just like you. 😀

TomC Moderator

<em>@gringo211985 445557 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    </blockquote>

The poll is open to ALL JoomlArt Members – which includes the Staff. In what way to you feel that there is a “bias” involved? No one is influencing my opinion and/or vote in any way.

iaweb Friend

As great as this poll is, it works for smaller hotels and pensions etc.. only in my opinion.

Larger Hotels and Hotel Chains do use commercial booking Systems which do more than just handle website bookings, there are GDS Systems to connect to, there are OTA’s to connect to etc… So, as said the Joomla Extensions are fine for smaller hotels and guesthouses but most of the international hotels will have no use for them, as they need an implementation from their existing Booking Systems, which most of the time ends up with a Form Handler (like Chronoforms etc..) and than a switch to the external booking system which mimics the design of the hotel’s website…

For clarification, we have 121 International Hotels and Hotel Groups (mainly in Asia) as customers and pretty much specialize in this area only with 90% of our business in the Hospitality Industry…

Hope this helps…

Heiko

Waleed Sharo Friend

I prefer Jomres.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

This topic contains 47 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  vimes 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum