Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I am having a problem with the K2 search for one of my categories.
    When ever I select any choices from any of the extra fields….. once the search finds that choice, the selected choice name disappears from the K2 field

Example.

If I select “Brand A” from the name field
    then brand normally A remains in the as the selected choice until I choose another brand.

But what is happening instead is when I choose “Brand A” or B or C or D
    the brand choice dispersers from the field and it goes back to saying “Select Name”

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Go to Home —> Clients to see what i mean

Thank you
    Joseph

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Joseph,

I tried to reproduce the problem as you described, but I could not reproduce it.

Is problem on your site is fixed ?

Please tell me how can I replicate the issue.

joeluvny Friend

No, it is not fixed!
    Did you go to http://gramercy-atelier.com/clients ? (use the login info I gave you)

Just choose any of the options from any of the search fields on the left.
    Wait for the results from that option to appear on the right.
    Then look at that search field you chose on the left and you will see that the option you choose from that search field as disappeared

That search option you choose, should remain visible in that search filed.

Example:
    Name [field] displays “Select Name”
    I select: “Mrs. Dunning” (and Mrs Dunning’s information displays as it should)

The:
    Name [field] displays “Select Name” (again) THIS IS WRONG – this is whats happening

But it should display:
    Name [field] displays “Mrs. Dunning” (only) THIS IS CORRECT

Please take another look, sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Joseph

joeluvny Friend

No, it is not fixed!
    Did you go to http://gramercy-atelier.com/clients ? (use the login info I gave you)

Then look at that search field you chose on the left and you will see that the option you choose from that search field as disappeared

Example:

The:
    Name [field] displays “Select Name” (again) THIS IS WRONG – this is whats happening

But it should display:

Joseph

joeluvny Friend

No, it is not fixed!

Example:

The:

But it should display:

Joseph

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Joseph,

You get this issue because extra field ‘Name’ type Searchable value has space. With this selected value the space is trimmed out.
    In order to fix this issue, you can choose to display this extra field in other type like Magic Selection, Multi Select list, check box.

If you still want to keep this extra field in Drop down box, go to file:

modulesmod_jak2filterhelper.php

find :

public function getSelect($fieldname, $field){
    $input = JFactory::getApplication()->input;

$selected_values = $input->get($fieldname, null);
    in about line 589
    change to:

$selected_values = $input->get($fieldname, null,'STRING');

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Joseph,

You get this issue because extra field ‘Name’ type Searchable value has space. With this selected value the space is trimmed out.
    In order to fix this issue, you can choose to display this extra field in other type like Magic Selection, Multi Select list, check box.

find :

in about line 589
    change to:

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Joseph,

find :

in about line 589
    change to:

joeluvny Friend

Thank you, that worked perfectly! 😀

joeluvny Friend

joeluvny Friend

joeluvny Friend

I just realized that now I am experiencing 2 new bad issues

1. When I try to use the K2 Frontend editing for any item, the extra fields tab does not show the extra fields anymore, it grabs and displays an irrelevant search from another category and displays that instead of the extra fields themselves.

2. When I use the K2 search it displays the correct search results but when I click on any of the search results items, it displays the wrong item.

For instance if you search for the name Mrs. Louise Owens it will display 4 results correctly. But when you click on any of the 4 Mrs. Louse Owens, only the 1st is displayed.

Do you know why this is happening?

Joseph

joeluvny Friend

1. When I try to use the K2 Frontend editing for any item, the extra fields tab does not show the extra fields anymore, it grabs and displays an irrelevant search from another category and displays that instead of the extra fields themselves.

2. When I use the K2 search it displays the correct search results but when I click on any of the search results items, it displays the wrong item.

For instance if you search for the name Mrs. Louise Owens it will display 4 results correctly. But when you click on any of the 4 Mrs. Louse Owens, only the 1st is displayed.

Joseph

joeluvny Friend

Joseph

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Joseph,

1. For problem one, follow my solution posted in this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/k2s-extra-fields-tab-is-displaying-the-homepage/#post-574773
    2. It caused of sh404, you can check that all 4 K2 item of Mrs. Louse Owens has only 1 link. All 3 links has duplicate to the main one. Please recheck the configuration of SH404 in your site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum