Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Hello,

sorry but we tried to configure this great plugin. We tried all parameters, but we don’t understand very well how this plugin works (with facebook).

We use Joomla 2.5.14 and Ja Lime template.
    Every plugin, module, template are up to date.

So we just want a square image inside the article. But images are duplicated and sometimes are too big.
    See screensshot for more understanding.

So, is there a way to fix this ?

Reagrd

1. 2013-10-14_12h51_09
    2. 2013-10-14_12h52_05
    dieudonne Friend

Nobody have a idea to fix this bugs ?

Regard.

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

am I the only one who have this very annoying problem ???

phong nam Friend

Hi dieudonne,

The reason that our JA Social System Feed plugin will get all content (texts, images) of the Facebook posts which doesn’t contain the break line (<hr id=”system-readmore” />) when croning, that is why Joomla Category blog layout will display the full-content of imported articles, instead of the separation between Intro and Full content.

At this time, there is a temporary solution is editing the imported articles with adding break line above after the first image. By that way, the Blog category layout will display nicely with one intro image and 1-2 sentences of intro text.

Anyways, lets wait me for a while when i ask our developer for having a new feature consideration or at least better solution in this case.

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

thank for our answer. But we d’ont want a temporary solution.
    And we must edit each artiles. It is really impossible and crazy !

And the breakline doesn’t really work. Did you test it before ?
    When you look a the whole article, you see 2 same pictures. So it is really a bug.

See our 2 screenshots. One with the 3 columns blog category, and one with duplicate pictures in a article….

So I ask again, what can we do to fix this ?

Regard

1. 2013-10-17_13h36_41
    2. 2013-10-17_13h37_53
    phong nam Friend

Hi dieudonne,

Yes, I saw the problem when the first time I tested JA Social System Feed plugin on our JA Lime demo site. And, I has already asked our developer to check and have the stable fix on this issue as soon as possible. I will back to reply you with detailed solution by next Tuesday. Hope you can wait for this !

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

thank you very much for your help.

And yes we can wait.

Regard

phong nam Friend

Hi dieudonne,

After confirming this issue to our developer, i got the explanation that our JA Social System Feed plugin crones and import the image of FB posts into both Intro image and Full-article image option of article, while the FB post contents doesn’t contain the <hr id=”system-readmore” /> to distinguish the intro and full-article part. That is why the images of imported articles are duplicated.

The solution in this case is using the overridden css styles to hide the innecessary images on both Category Blog and Article layout. You can try to put below codes into the end of templates/ja_lime/css/template.css file:

*Adjust the duplicated images from System Social Feed plugin*/
    .facebook-item img {
    display: none;
    }

.blog .img-intro- {
    width: 250px;
    height: 200px;
    }

.blog img.caption {
    max-width: 250px;
    height: auto;
    }

.blog .img_caption {
    max-width: 100%;
    max-height: 100%;
    }

The attached image below is the result on our demo site.

1. social_feed_result
    alyks Friend

Hi Léo, did this fix works with K2 too ?
    I mean when you use K2 instead of Joomla Article.

Thanks

Adam M Moderator

Hi @alyks,

We have just released latest version 1.1.6 with several bug fixes, please update your current plugin to latest version and recheck.

ibewguy Friend

This solution no longer works on the updated template…:((

ibewguy Friend

This solution no longer works on the updated template…:((

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ibewguy,

May I know your site url and temporary FTP account via private reply so I can investigate the problem for you ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @ibewguy,

May I know your site url and temporary FTP account via private reply so I can investigate the problem for you ?

ibewguy Friend

Hello @adam M,

I send PM

thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

This topic contains 44 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ibewguy 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum