Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I noticed that many articles and images are duplicated on the page. I do not understand why, I would like to solve this problem. I enclose Screenshots.

1. Cattura
    pavit Moderator

Salve

Il problema dei contenuti duplicati non credo possa essere addebitato al template in se stesso

1 – Se l’installazione è stata fatta usando il file quickstart , non esistono contenuti duplicati , specialmente in italiano

2 – Il template è stato installato su una precedente installazione di Joomla , quindi nessun contenuto è stato aggiunto in quanto sono stati installati solo i files che riguardano il template in se stesso

3 – Soluzione .

Bisogna rimuovere tutti i contenuti duplicati oppure configurare correttamente il template

Saluti

lincoln1 Friend

If possible can you put that solution in English, I was also interested in what could be the problem. Many thanks.

Saluti 🙂

pavit Moderator

<em>@lincoln1 465513 wrote:</em><blockquote>If possible can you put that solution in English, I was also interested in what could be the problem. Many thanks.

Saluti :)</blockquote>

I just explained that cannot be duplicated content on a single template installation for 2 reasons

1 – If website was installed using quickstart there is no duplicated content

2 – If it was installed on a already joomla website , then probably the template was not correctly configured and item is showing intro as main content so it appears to be duplicated

lincoln1 Friend

Thanks for that response.

mmckeen Friend

It isn’t “duplicate” content … it is “repeated” content. I have the same issue. The content in an article that is before the “readmore” tag gets displayed twice on the page. Is there a way to fix this?

UPDATE: I just found this link also:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/duplicated-intro-read-more/

pavit Moderator

Hi mmckeen

Would be better to take a look directly at your backend so i can verify settings , so if you want you can send me a Private Message with login credentials for your back end and i will check them

pavit Moderator

Hi mmckeen

I checked your DEV website and i cannot see any duplicated content , can you set your pages in the way than your issue could be replicated so i can verify ?

mmckeen Friend

Take a look at any article … the intro text is repeated. It is at the very top and then again part way down the article. Here is an example:

http://dev.barkleyandpaws.com/dogs/health/top-tips-for-preventing-diseases-in-your-pet-dog

Phill Moderator

When you create your articles do you have the intro text repeated after the read more tag?

If that is the case, go into the category manager and click on the “Options” button in the top right. On that page set “Show Intro Text” to “Hide”. This option can also be set on a per article basis so you may need to check articles are set to “Use Global Settings”.

mmckeen Friend

Thanks! That worked but now there is a huge “white space” above the article… any way to remove that also? Check the same article now.

Thanks again!

mmckeen Friend

Just checking back to see if there is a way to remove the “white space” above the article. Looks like (in Firebug) that it is a placeholder for the ‘intro text”. Is there a way to just remove that?

Thanks very much!

pavit Moderator

<em>@mmckeen 466306 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just checking back to see if there is a way to remove the “white space” above the article. Looks like (in Firebug) that it is a placeholder for the ‘intro text”. Is there a way to just remove that?

Thanks very much!</blockquote>

Hi

Could you post here the link to the page where this problem is visible ?

willer Friend

Here is a sample page with repeated content http://www.motonotizie.it/test/disclaimer-e-copyright.html

pavit Moderator

<em>@willer 466917 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is a sample page with repeated content http://www.motonotizie.it/test/disclaimer-e-copyright.html</blockquote>

Hi

Please send me via Private Message a temp super user account for your backend i’d like to take a look at your configuration.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

This topic contains 40 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  willer 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum