Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

I have one site in DMOZ and it definitely has better better ranking and more traffic than a couple of other sites that are exactly the same except they aren’t in DMOZ

thedigger Friend

We should try to get link from dmoz directory. But in case if we fail, we shouldn’t worry about it. Dmoz is not very-very powerful now because google has closed its directory. Google taken the data from dmoz so we had one dmoz and one google link. Now google directory is not exists so you can get only one link from dmoz. You have also many free directories and sites where you can get links. So try in other places also not only in dmoz.

<em>@janeburns 268372 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have one site in DMOZ and it definitely has better better ranking and more traffic than a couple of other sites that are exactly the same except they aren’t in DMOZ</blockquote>

pravinganore Friend

I have also noticed that they never send any update whether the submission is approved or declined. When I searched about this, it is said that they do not want people to submit their website a lot of times if the submission is declined. I have also heard that a lot of people becomes moderator for a specific category or region first and approve their own submissions. I don’t think it is true but has anyone heard about this before?

hruitval Friend

I submitted my site 4 months ago, still not on there. I hope it gets listed soon, but i doubt it :p

berry8x Friend

<em>@vitnuce 180829 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is some tips for DMOZ submission:

– Take the time to find the right category
    – Submit your site ONCE only
    – Capitalize every first letter of every word
    – The title of your website is your URL
    – Keep your description short without any form of advertising

Hope this help! :)</blockquote>
    I have tried but failed.
    my site not listed with DMOZ.

php_guy Friend

<em>@berry8x 277768 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have tried but failed.
    my site not listed with DMOZ.</blockquote>

Yep, got the same issue. I submitted my website 1.5 year ago, but my site it not listed.

What should I do now? Do you know any DMOZ Submission service?

garekuttest Friend

Like the case with most link directories, normal submissions aren’t going to work. DMOZ only have so many people to sift through the thousands of requests they receive daily. Your best bet on getting listed is actually knowing a dmoz editor and then handing over hard cash 😉

ryna688 Friend

we can submit to DMOZ every time if not visible. alway try submit

endriu888 Friend
    haarstichting Friend

Could this also be interesting for the Haarstichting? http://www.haarstichting.nl

maggyparker Friend

<em>@ryna688 284299 wrote:</em><blockquote>we can submit to DMOZ every time if not visible. alway try submit</blockquote>

Dmoz is no more that much important now

elmanarah Friend

Your site is ready and lets go for submission of it in directories and in Search engine.Wait please.Where are you going.
    –Surely submission to Top 10 Search engine Manual submission with their official Webmaster tool is good.
    –DMOZ and yahoo directory Is must but make sure you do not use the same description.Make one line best possible description for your site with a very small 2.3 words title for your site that you have to use for submission.
    –Do not submit in other directories where no one goes.Google penguin will be hard on you if you use same Title/description and add in sites where no one goes or their is no conversion rate from it.Its all spam in directories these days only very few like above mentioned are useful
    –Even Directories these days charges you for removal of submission.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  elmanarah 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum