Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone,

I have read numerous times that getting listed in Dmoz markedly boosts your rankings. I’ve also read that it doesnt boost that much, moderators are corrupt, etc. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on the topic?

Thanks

leon_di Friend

From what I know, it does boost your rankings, however the whole thing doesn’t seem to be running as smoothly as it used to. No longer sure of the value of it now, but it can’t hurt your rankings so you might as well give it a go and see if you can get in.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Well, being in Dmoz does help boost a site and also add respect to the brand. I tried for 3 years for listing my own site and then gave up.

I would like to know of someone, who got listed on the Dmoz directory and any special requirements for getting listed.

Arvind

vitnuce Friend

Here is some tips for DMOZ submission:

– Take the time to find the right category
    – Submit your site ONCE only
    – Capitalize every first letter of every word
    – The title of your website is your URL
    – Keep your description short without any form of advertising

Hope this help! 🙂

eldo Friend

I never tried DMOZ, but DMOZ is a crucial factor if you want to sell domains.

xumbrella Friend

i tried to submit to dmoz, aroung 18 months ago and nothing! they advise that you don’t resubmit urls… so what do you do, just sit and wait??

franklin00 Friend

One of my sites got in about 7 years ago. Its really hard to say what the benefit has been, but obviously it hasnt hurt.
    As far as getting my site in, I just followed the directions very carefully and did not resubmit. About 6 months or so after submitting, I saw a visitor in my site log from DMOZ… There was no notification, etc.

I would not stress very much about it, one way or the other.

theniks Friend

Hi
    I managed to list many of my websites successfully on Dmoz and here are my experiences.
    1. It will take a longggggggggg time. Follow the guidelines to make sure that time is not extended.
    2. It does help in gaining ranks for sure.
    3. There is no point in losing your sleep over it, if it doesnt list your site.
    4. Keep building relevant links any way.
    hope that helps
    Regards
    nik

nefar Friend

I’ve never had any problem getting my sites in DMOZ. Just follow the directions they give you for submission and then wait. They do tend to take a long time to get in so if you’re going to resubmit I’d give them at least a month to process first. You also have to take into consideration that these are human reviewers. If they don’t like your sites subject matter for any reason they can simply deny you. Traffic wise, it’s rare I’ve ever got a hit from dmoz on any of my sites.

felix99 Friend

Yes, it does boost your site rank. But the problem is to get listed on DMOZ, since it’s a human moderated directory you should get in line to get listed. The time needed to get listed is vary from weeks to years :). So unless you have good plan of growing your site for a long term, I suggest you get other directory to get backlinks.

giottoserv Friend

Yes, Franklin, you’re right.

audit01 Friend

The problem that seems to be with DMOZ directory submission is that your site will most likely not get included. Too many corrupt moderators are running that place and they include their own sites while denying submissions for their competitors.

danielcu Friend

Even I’ve tried using Dmoz earlier it is tooooooo late for the websites

ivy51205 Friend

The submit to dmoz not too important. If you do want to submit to dmoz, please note what you said and in addition to interest title and description

ivory355 Friend

I am having hard time as well adding our site to the DMOZ listing. It is been a year now.

Anyhow thanks guys for the advice I will try soon for my another website.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  elmanarah 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum