Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 379 total)
  • Author

Discussion thread for “Important changes to the JA Templates Club” announcement

jwellman Friend

Wise decision Hung. I think everyone will benefit in the long run.

mfcphil Friend

Great news, even if it is a year too late, but better late than never.
    This will also negate any demands of compensation.

I personally think this is a great decision and hopefully will enable JoomlArt to improve the design aspects of their template and stop the continual churning out of the same old templates.

Just my opinion 😉

mfcphil Friend

Hung you must make this visable on your Home Page so anyone signing up for a year after today knows where they stand!!!

wooger Friend

Good idea Hung, the visual quality of the templates provided by Joomlart is first class. Sadly the backend is sometimes lacking. I fully understand the complexity of getting everything right and think that releasing 1template a month plus allowing full access to the back catalogue is enough for the yearly subscription.

Keep up the good work! 😉

terp Friend

Does this mean that you’ll then have more time to create fresh designs and stop repackaging the same old stuff like we’ve been seeing every month (to include the most recent Ja Fargus revisited)?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Hung,

I’d like to echo my agreement with your decision and offer this suggestion to a step further:

I hope this doesn’t cause a Coup…but I personally think you should announce a “retirement of updates” or “end of support” on your most elder templates. Just like Microsoft did last year with Windows 98. The templates could still be offered, but support would be through the community…freeing up you and your developers to work on the “latest and greatest”. There comes a time when it just doesn’t make sense to spend precious development time propping up dozens of “old tech” templates at the expense of the new.

I’d even go so far as to move them out of the “premium side” over to the “free” side…and perhaps drive more traffic. I’m sure your older templates are not as popular as those of the last year or two. What company’s would be?

It also levels out the playing field among clients…those who have spent money for the last two-three years to support you…have now benefited me, who joined just this past month. I get all the templates they get, but I didn’t have to pay for the all the time in the last few years you’ve developed them. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to now contribute to help those in the future. Just a thought.

In closing, I think you are doing a fantastic job and I appreciate your concern for your subscribers.
    And I hope your subscribers will now show some more concern for you. You and your team deserve it.

John.

wooger Friend

Jbrett – “There comes a time when it just doesn’t make sense to spend precious development time propping up dozens of “old tech” templates at the expense of the new.”

Totally agree, I also like your idea of moving the older templates over to the free side and allowing the community to support them.

I suppose it makes sense to have your best devs supporting and debugging the latest templates rather than babysitting the older ones.

karatoa Friend

Absolutely right decisions, Hung. I support you.

deanv Friend

A high quality tested template once a month is an excellent directive. Also update past templates for future Joomla releases as needed is another important directoin.
    THanks!

questbg Friend

Great decision Hung. I hope this means your developers have more time and resources, not only to continue designing nice looking templates, but also in additional customer support.

Well done! 🙂

gariben Friend

totally agreed… nice decision.

like some people said…. there’s really no need to update ALL themes to the latest one. It would be impossible task say 5 or 10 years from now. You will have to update 300+ themes.. imagine 100 years from now.. updating 2000+ themes. Eventually this decision will have to be made.

it’s probably better to ask members which templates people want updated. Maybe your team can update few themes per year based on members’ voting.

swemmel Friend

I think this is a wise decision. Also the members who joined for the fact that JA releases 2 templates a month will still have their 2 templates a month during their membership. And they can decide themselves if they will renew their membership next year.

I think it will be very good for the quality and support of the Joomlart-templates.

Kind regards,
    Peter

questbg Friend

Great move and in my opinion the best way forward for JoomlArt.

Good luck for even more success and better templates!

VisiGod Friend

August 2009 is fair for all current customers and all new. 😉

Also, I would support decision for retirement of some old templates.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 379 total)

This topic contains 379 replies, has 92 voices, and was last updated by  ukash 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum