Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Disappointed :((.There is no more that creativity that you had before and that was one of the reasons why I took membership. Hopefully something will change

forgestone Friend

I’m not disappointed in the least. And I got my $70-for-one-year membership’s value long ago. I find it difficult to believe people seem to expect to have their doors blown off each month. (Especially for the small price we pay.) Joomla caters to a wide range of developers, and what’s great for one may be terrible for another. There have been several templates that did absolutely nothing for me that most other people *who posted* seemed to love.

yonie Friend

Is this really a club template?

ikki_83 Friend

and this template isn’t for j 1.5… what’s happening…

starmed Friend

Forgestone,

I belong to a number of clubs and understand the value they provide. However, this template is blank and to someone who just signed up (not me) must be a shock.

Salsabil Friend

<em>@yonie 28970 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is this really a club template?</blockquote>

this was also my first thought. i can`t believe that creativity goes backward and not forward.

kallan Friend

This template will definately suit some people and I guess thats what a club like this is about – For me the template would be better if it had some new typography or additional module display options.

Just my 2 cents tho

😉

wonderbread Friend

I just cannot not to agree with all of you because I have wait for a month then another month and the templates just getting simple and more simple 😀

tivuron Friend

The beauty of this template is its simplicity, readability, and ease of navigation. Very professional.

Hung Dinh Friend

I think the true value of the template club is the variation of template designs and styles. Those who do not like the simplicity have other 37 templates to choose. We all know that we can not sastify all 11658 members with only one template.

nikii Friend

I am disappointed too this template does not seems to be a joomlart product, guys please take some inspiration somewhere.

chk040399 Friend

IMHO what makes a great template is “new concepts” :
    new layout options
    new extensions
    new typography
    that was the reason why i subscribed, the latest templates were really great,that’s not the case here 🙁 🙁

frankibodo Friend

Hear Hear!
    I can hear everybody bitching about this template, but I can not understand. This is a nice content Template and I will for sure use this one soon. Maybe swap one of my Teline with this one?
    And finally I get to use my own creativity;)

MuffinDCC Friend

When you see a new template, you have to concentrate on both positive and negatives attributes. Focusing on either is not the best way to go about this. I am probably just as guilty for judging almost immediately without actually using the template to any degree, and I bet a lot are like me. However, you will find that after using the template you will learn to love it.

For this template, it is incredibly simple in its design which is both great and “not-so-great”. If you wish to have a simple, clean, conservative site such as for intranet (as mentioned earlier) or a manufactoring company site which “need” this particular characteristics then this is great for you. Also, if you want to have a great platform to build upon and plant your individualism and design onto a template then this is your template. Remember, the framework and structure is there as well as the menu code (the latter being extremely important, in my honest opinion).

This is also its down point. If you are looking from a “revolutionary” template with design, graphics and vision, then you will be disappointed. Yet, as said before, this is a club and there are many to choose from. Probably not the greatest defence but is a reason. Personally, this template is too simple for me. It may be because I am confident in template building/customising in terms of code that I do not require a platform to build on as I, like a fair few people here, have the ability to customise any template to theirs; or their client’s needs. It appears to be a “graphically challenged” version of Teline – that being an initial prejudice that I aquired. The operative word being prejudice; judging before I had chance to utilise it to a greater degree. I have seen this view expressed many a time across this forum, other template club forums and just places in general. It is just human nature to judge without any intense thought or practise, which I am guilty of myself.

It is all a matter of perspective. You may love it or hate it, just depends on what you want to use a template for and how advanced your abilites are with templating.

Therefore, try not to judge and just assess all angles of a template/situation and act accordingly and with courtesy 🙂

canada Friend

I don’t understand you guys. This is a great CONTENT oriented template. I joined joomlart few months ago because of ja_teline. If I were to join now, it would be this template. I don’t need bells and whistles and distracting graphics. Not because I am not a creative person, but because my targeted audience comes to the website because of the content, and not because how it looks. I don’t think people would like facebook more, for example, if it had all kinds of eye candies. For me, functionality and simplicity is more important than bright colors. I love this template.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  kagex 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum