Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Hi,

after some time the directory cache/t3 is filled with hundreds of files with extension .php and .php_expire. This happens even if the T3 and Joomla cache is disabled. If I delete the JA T3 cache manually they are delete but I would have expected that expired files would automatically be deleted from the cache and why are they created with disabled cache?

Martin

chavan Friend

Go to Template Manager -> Default Template Edit -> System Settings -> Cache Mode = Disabled. and save

Please make sure is the above is done. If the cache files again created. Then Please provide me your Admin Details in the Support ticket

mherbst Friend

<em>@Chavan 231022 wrote:</em><blockquote>Go to Template Manager -> Default Template Edit -> System Settings -> Cache Mode = Disabled. and save

Please make sure is the above is done. If the cache files again created. Then Please provide me your Admin Details in the Support ticket</blockquote>

I have disabled it but nothing changed. Cache files are written to cache/t3.

I was not able to add my admin details to the ticket because I can’t open it with my user id/password.

chavan Friend

<em>@mherbst 231262 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have disabled it but nothing changed. Cache files are written to cache/t3.

I was not able to add my admin details to the ticket because I can’t open it with my user id/password.</blockquote>

can you please PM me those?

Phill Moderator

Have you updated to the latest jat3 plugin? If not please do so.

mherbst Friend

Hi Phil,

yes, I have the installed the latest version.

Martin

sharpdome Friend

What was the fix? I have the same problem.

JAT3 cache is disabled in the JA Social template but the t3 and t3-assets folder are still filling up with files!

chavan Friend

Post your site Url sharpdome

dpk Friend

Please share the solution. I have this problem too.

sharpdome Friend

Is there a solution? I just checked my site and I show 30,000+ files in the t3 folder and 40,000+ files in the t3-assets cache folder. This is after running for only a few days.

Does JAT3 ever remove files from the cache? I can’t find a setting for when the cache should be purged.

How does JAT3 maintain its cache? Does JAT3 keep adding files until the disk fills and the server crashes? 🙂

Sherlock Friend

<em>@sharpdome 248796 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there a solution? I just checked my site and I show 30,000+ files in the t3 folder and 40,000+ files in the t3-assets cache folder. This is after running for only a few days.

Does JAT3 ever remove files from the cache? I can’t find a setting for when the cache should be purged.

How does JAT3 maintain its cache? Does JAT3 keep adding files until the disk fills and the server crashes? :)</blockquote>

Maybe you have set the cache time is too short in the Global Configuration >> System tab,when necessary you can also remove all t3 cache files in your back-end just by hitting a button.

sharpdome Friend

I don’t understand. The cache time is set at 15 minutes. Why would a short time cause 40,000+ files to be created?

The problem is still happening. It’s not a good solution to need to manually clean the cache.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@sharpdome 249164 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t understand. The cache time is set at 15 minutes. Why would a short time cause 40,000+ files to be created?

The problem is still happening. It’s not a good solution to need to manually clean the cache.</blockquote>

Okay,you can provide me your url,admin account and the FTP Info into the ticket of PFZ-818-95628

I will have a checking for you !

sharpdome Friend

I have updated the support ticket with the login details for my development server. Thanks for your help! 🙂

Sherlock Friend

hi sharpdome,

After two days i checked and saw that you have totally 2031 files under the cache folder (cache/t3-assets folder) so i don’t think that there would be a problem because each time you made changes in your contents the new cache files will be created,the cache system will not generate cache files with same contents.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

This topic contains 45 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  flying_scot 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum