Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 169 total)
  • Author

Great post. I used one of your tips and made a very simple video at: http://animoto.com and then uploaded my video at: http://www.tubemogul.com

I was ranked in third position on the first page of google within the hour for the key word I wanted. Definitely use video, and best of all you can do it for free.

abi1979 Friend

<em>@shelle 168971 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry to jump in… are nofollow links worthwhile backlinks? I often see on forums, people saying not to bother with nofollow links.</blockquote>

With nofollow links, they DO hold some weight (a little) with Google. I have personally seen evidence od this with my own link-building.

For instance, I did backlinking to my website using dofollow (which do pass link juice compared to zero from nofollow links) links. At the same time, I placed my website url on a nofollow website (classified ad site). What happened? my nofollow url was indexed very fast (a few days) and ranked HIGH in the SE. Whereas, my dofollow efforts were nowhere to be seen. This is just one example. I have tested other ways too.

I think Google does give a little weight to nofollow links. As me experience goes, they are indexed and they DO hold some value of some sort- however small that is.

Obviously, you want to build dofollow links as much as possible. But I think it’s good to have a mixed approach and have a few nofollow in the mix (few meaning 1-3%).

kindredscents Friend

i you backlink to the right sites, it saves you loads of time!

soy candles

speedcomp12 Friend

Thanks for the great advice. building backlinks does time time but well worth the effort.

Thanks
    andy

evergreen1234 Friend

Though link wheels have been a popular backlinking strategy, I heard that Big G does no like them anymore. They also leave a footprint since each site in the wheel point to the next one.

The best backlinking strategy for your Joomla site is diversification (article submission, directory submission, social bookmarking, rss feed submission, blog networks and web 2.0 properties)

jenni918 Friend

Backlinks are considered as SPAM as far as GOOGLE policy is considered.

zfda Friend

<em>@jenni918 169178 wrote:</em><blockquote>Backlinks are considered as SPAM as far as GOOGLE policy is considered.

</blockquote>

Sorry if this is a silly noob question, but where did you find this information? Others in this thread seem to think they have value, so I’m curious where this info is coming from.

penelopeb Friend

<em>@zfda 169184 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry if this is a silly noob question, but where did you find this information? Others in this thread seem to think they have value, so I’m curious where this info is coming from.</blockquote>

She’s right, but that doesn’t stop anyone from getting them. Either G bans everyone or let everyone do it. Just don’t make it TOO obvious and G will leave you alone..

zfda Friend

Thanks, Penelope. I know no one knows exactly how Google works, so I’m always skeptical when I hear someone claim an absolute like that.

Honestly, I have my hands full just getting started with joomla, so I think the ins and outs of backlinks are a little far off for me to worry about right now. 🙂 But that this thread was at the top of the post list, so I had to peek and see if I could learn anything.

penelopeb Friend

<em>@zfda 169189 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks, Penelope. I know no one knows exactly how Google works, so I’m always skeptical when I hear someone claim an absolute like that.

Honestly, I have my hands full just getting started with joomla, so I think the ins and outs of backlinks are a little far off for me to worry about right now. 🙂 But that this thread was at the top of the post list, so I had to peek and see if I could learn anything.</blockquote>

No problem at all zfda. 🙂 If you’re really interested in learning more about web marketing you can always get all the information on digital point forum (do a google search and you should be able to find it). I still have heaps to learn, but the feeling you get when you get your first paycheck from google (or other ad networks and/or affiliate companies) is indescribable. I wish you success in your future endeavors. PM me if you need help 🙂

davidyv Friend

Thanks for above posts, there are many great advice,thanks.

penelopeb Friend

What I mean by ‘TOO obvious’ is for instance a new site getting 1000 links per day, that’s obviously impossible unless you’re spamming or paid for some kinda linking services. Some people believe that by using the same anchor text for all links will seem too unnatural to G, but some reckon that’s just a myth. I myself isn’t too sure about that too. I follow the rule 80% 30% 10% rule for anchor text, 80% main keyword, 30% secondary and 10% others.

zfda Friend

Thanks for the heads-up on the digital point forum. Looks like a place where I could spend days just learning! Still, I know I need to get the site built before I can start optimizing, so I’ll be directing most of my efforts toward that for now. I’ve bookmarked the other site for future reference, though!

As regards your other post, 80%+30%+10%=120%…I get the basic idea (put most of your SEO effort toward your main keyword, less toward a handful of alternates, and very little toward ones that are all over the board), but the math is a little odd. 😉 I’m betting you meant 60% for that first number.

Seriously, though, thanks again for all the great info!

penelopeb Friend

<em>@zfda 169268 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the heads-up on the digital point forum. Looks like a place where I could spend days just learning! Still, I know I need to get the site built before I can start optimizing, so I’ll be directing most of my efforts toward that for now. I’ve bookmarked the other site for future reference, though!

As regards your other post, 80%+30%+10%=120%…I get the basic idea (put most of your SEO effort toward your main keyword, less toward a handful of alternates, and very little toward ones that are all over the board), but the math is a little odd. 😉 I’m betting you meant 60% for that first number.

Seriously, though, thanks again for all the great info!</blockquote>

Haha you caught me out. Now you know I’m not that good at maths. :p It’s actually 70 20 10, not 80 30 10… My apologies.

I remember I was overloaded with information when I first learned about web marketing. Here are two common paths which the majority take, hope it helps a little:

– Affiliate marketing: sell products and get paid commission.

– Blogging and niche websites(what the majority does): Earn through advertising. The most popular ad network is, no surprise, Google adsense. Your selected keywords will generate ads which will earn you money; amount of money is based on the CPC of the keywords. Here’s an example of what you could be earning: http://www.adsenseguide.info/adsense-earnings.php

Have fun!

tonyg2121 Friend

<em>@pro2710 168472 wrote:</em><blockquote>How to get High PR backlinks

1. Submit to Article Directories
    2. Joining Forums
    3. Create hubs in hubpages
    4. Using Twitter
    5. Use YouTube

.</blockquote>

I want to know please
    * What are the benefits from articles to biuild backlinks, if there are no people caring to read articles and as you know, people are lazy to read
    * why specially Hubpages and not wordpress or typepad or any others sites ?
    * I agree with twitting
    * You tube also even youtube is closed in our country ! Sorry !

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 169 total)

This topic contains 168 replies, has 113 voices, and was last updated by  nidhivyas 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum