Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

The same “Shame on you” picture is also showing up on my site since this morning in all my browsers (Seamonkey, Firefox, Chrome and, although not showing the image, it is putting the extra space for it on top in IE9). The “popup” is coming back even though I marked the “Do not show this message again”. So, if you can tell me how to disable this, I would be grateful.

Regards, John

Phill Moderator

Please see my post above with instructions on what file to edit.

gustele Friend

Thanks. Must have missed your post while typing mine.

kairey Friend

Sorry about this Phil but something else now 🙁

My Google verification code for Webmaster tools and Analytics is in the head, soon as I join or do anything with the JS files I lose the code, can this be excluded or will I have to run with none for JS instead of Join, Minify & Compress?

Phill Moderator

I am sure it can be excluded but I am not sure how. Please leave it to “No” for now and I will ask.

Out of interest, what file are you putting your Google Analytics in? Hopefully templates>ja_rasite>page>default.php

When mine is in there I do not loose the google code.

kairey Friend

Using a plugin that drops it in the head, hence why it gets compressed and Google won’t verify it, might have to do what you are doing…..

Phill Moderator

Best to put the code in manually and ditch the overweight plugin.

Go to the templates>ja_rasite directory and create a new directory if one does not exist called “page”

Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php into the directory above

Place your Google Analytics code in there just befor the /head tag

[php]<head>
    <?php //gen head base on theme info
    $this->showBlock (‘head’);
    ?>

<?php
    $blocks = T3Common::node_children($this->getBlocksXML (‘head’), ‘block’);
    foreach ($blocks as $block) :
    $this->showBlock ($block);
    endforeach;
    ?>

<?php echo $this->showBlock (‘css’) ?>
    </head>[/php]

kairey Friend

Tx back to normal I think with joined JS files 🙂

kairey Friend

Phil while we are on a roll another issue has materialised….

With Joomla page cache and the template cache on, everything seemed fine all images in place. Then after a while if I go back to the site I go to pages and images are missing, there is no sense to this as on other pages they can still be there?

If I clear the cache the images come back and the whole site works again but only for a while.

It has just done it again so I stopped the template cache and the images appeared again.

I do not know what is going on here, does anyone know if Joomla page cache plugin and the template plugin do not work together?

Driving me nuts this as I feel like a beta tester 😀

kairey Friend

How strange disabled the template cache and I swear the site has doubled in speed!

Now I will leave it and see what happens, if I get broken images appearing again I will try with template cache on and Joomla page cache off….

This is a link to a valid image http://www.medboat.com/images/stories/cds-motor.jpg

and this is how it appears when its gone wrong http://www.medboat.com/boat-charters/images/stories/cds-motor.jpg

I have seen something like this before, its adding in the category?

Why does JA_Thumbnail resize every image in my site even when they don’t need it?

Phill Moderator

JA Thumbnail is a tricky beast to configure. As for the cache problem please make sure the JAT3 plugin is the last one it can be in the plugin list. IE move it down to the bottom as low as it will go and your images should be fine. Best leave the Joomla cache off as the JA one will do the trick.

Phill Moderator

Yeah, the thumbs plugin can be a tricky beast to configure but it works well when you know how.

As for the JAT3 plugin please move it as far doen the plugin list as it will go. That usually sorts the image problem. It may be cacheing before the images have loaded so to speak.

kairey Friend

OK Phil it has been running fine on just the Joomla page cache, but in the interests of getting it right I have done as you said above…

So the JAT3 Framework plugin is at the bottom of the system plugins and Joomla page cache is off, lets see how we go…

kairey Friend

This is driving me mad!!!!!!!!!! :-[

OK its now running on JA template cache, but why it it adding a number on the top left, do you see it? If I clear the cache it goes, then it come back again to haunt me.

Adding an image of it instead and putting Joomla cache back on, what the hell is this?

1. code
    2. home
    kairey Friend

This is what appears at the top of T3 pages in the cache, is this where it is pulling the numbers from:

<?php die(“Access Denied”); ?>#x#s:26524:” 1330465895<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>

<html xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xml:lang=”en-gb” lang=”en-gb”>

<head>

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum