Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Once again an upgrade to template is causing hours of frustration.

My old site is http://www.medboat.com all I am doing is upgrading to Joomla 2.5 along with all the Rasite updates.

I have solved many issues but I cannot get it to display this black theme with background in the new version? On my old installation you just selected black_normal under theme settings, but now it only shows 2 options see image attached?

The structure of the template files seems different this time, themes are not in a core folder?

Am I missing something I have tried all sorts, even enabling the theme switcher in CPANEL on the front end will not render the old theme?

The temporary site is on http://www.vipmarbella.com but is not always online as its just for development before switching over.

kairey Friend

Image attached….

1. ja-rasite
    kairey Friend

While you guys take a look can you also let me know how to get rid of the space that has appeared in V2.5, if you look where the breadcrumb would go you will see what I mean on previous version the main content area had an equal border all the way round, now its double at the top and bottom. If you don’t know what I mean look at your demo of 1.5 against 2.5

kairey Friend

Come on guys any help, I am a licensed member?

In the meatime I have solved the issue with too much space at the top, using the fabulous FireBug in Firefox 🙂

…but I cannot get my default black_normal template back as mentioned above, please help guys?

kairey Friend

It looks to be only loading certain color styles and not all, enable the CPANEL and tried changing some will load and it can be seen in the source code, others will not and the color them is missing from the CSS……..

kairey Friend

Any reason why I am getting no answers can somebody please help with this? I do pay for this product so some help would be appreciated from developers?

Phill Moderator

Hi Kevin,

Sorry if your post has been overlooked, it is not intentional.

I will take a look at your site later today.

Phill Moderator

Hi Kevin

I have tried looking at your problem but the login credentials you supply do not work. Can you check them?

Also, what version of Joomla were you using before the update?

kairey Friend

Cheers Phil can always count on you!

Site is ready to go live on 2.5 just cannot set the template…

Phill Moderator

Here is a screenshot from firefox on my machine.

As for the cache it really does depend on the server and also a number of other things. I tend to use it on sites where I get a lot of visitors as it does save on cpu usage etc.

1. FireShot-Screen-Capture-004-Boat-Charters-Boat-Sales-on-Spains-Costa-del-Sol-and-Mallorca
    Phill Moderator

Hi Kevin,

I still cannot access the back end of your site. The account details you provide do not seem to work. Could you PM me a super admin logon?

Just to maybe help you in future. With the forums, threads often get lost. Many of the moderators simply do a search for threads with a 0 response count so if you have replied to your own thread it may get missed. Many of us also look through the last 10 posts at the top but in a busy period posts drop off that very quickly. One thing we cannot do is go through all the forums looking at every post, it would be just too much work. It is slightly different in the ticket system as we can see straight away ticket where a user is needing help but again, the ticket system has its limitations.

In your case if you do not get a response in 24hrs alway feel free to drop me a PM with your thread link and I will do my best to answer if I am around.

kairey Friend

PM Sent…

gustele Friend

Hi Kairey

I converted my site with the same template last week. Indeed are the profiles not showing up; that is because most of the profiles are missing the info.xml file in the themes folder. Without the info.xml file in place the template manager has nothing to display in the drop down list. What you could do is copy the info.xml file from one of the visible themes (e.g. light ocean) and change the info within that file to the right theme name (e.g. black full). Reload the template manager and now the theme is visible in the drop down list.

The core folder is apparently no longer in use; neither is the local folder for customizations. You now have to put your customizations in the themes folder.

Regards, John

Phill Moderator

You are indeed correct. I have reported this problem and hopefully an updated package will be available soon.

Kevin, if you could send me a PM with an ftp account I will apply the fixes for you.

kairey Friend

Phil I sent you a PM with the details did you not receive it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum