JoomlArt is proud to present an ambitious project, the promise to help developers easily manage Joomla! extensions. This dream have been materialized the hard way with work for more than five months.
JA Extensions Manager is the first Joomla! extension to upgrade the way to manage extensions: NEW remote install, check for updates, compare versions, NEW compare files, upgrade, auto-backup, upload, all via AJAX technologies. This makes it a unique, never seen before extension in the Joomla! community.
JoomlArt also provides an online checking service so you can check for updates where ever you are. Click here to see for yourself!
Getting started with JA Extensions Manager
First of all, thank your for using JA Extensions! This component is a powerful tool to help you manage Joomla! extensions. The component is still under development but it already provides powerful features never seen before and it's FREE!
Please check the system requirements before downloading and please provide feedback about your experience using it.
Stay tuned and check the development status of this project anytime!
The documentation provides Installation and Upgrade Guides:
The Usage Instructions will teach you:
- The known issues - a small section to explain why the component cannot work as you would expect;
- Recommendations - possible solutions for the most frequent issues;
- How it works - here we explain how the component works on upgrade, rollback and compare.
- Checking for updates - this section describes the version checking process.
- Comparing versions - this section describes version comparison process.
- Upgrading Extensions - this section describes the upgrade process.
- Rolling back - how to rollback to a previous setup, if the upgrade was not satisfactory.
The administration section of our documentation describes:
- Service settings - repository path and mySQL path settings;
- Repository Management - upload new versions for your desired extensions and remove back-ups or versions you don't need anymore;
- Repository access settings - block any attempt to access your repository.
The developer guides aims to provide a full documentation on how to develop an update service to work for upgrading third party extensions remotely.
What is JA Extensions Manager
JA Extensions Manager is a complete update, rollback, NEW remote install and compare versions and files component for Joomla! 1.5 and above. You can manage all MVC non-core modules, components, templates, plugins just with a few clicks. Core components are updated once Joomla! CMS is updated so no need to show them in the Extensions list of our component. The core extensions are: Content, Contacts, Web links, User, Feeds, Polls and Search.
Upgrade and Back-up User Setup
Remote Install and Upgrade
- Server requirements: PHP 5.0 or above, MySQL 5.0 or above, Joomla 1.5.x and above;
- Client requirements: Firefox 2.x, 3.0.x, 3,5,x, Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari.
JA Extensions Manager is released under GPL 2.0 license and it is free!
JA Extensions Manager is released under GPL 2.0 license terms and it is free!
Support and Feedback
If you find bugs using the component, or if you have any questions regarding usage of the component, please use our designated forum section here.
Release Notes - Changelog - Roadmap
Along with many fixes and improvements, JA Extensions Manager version 1.5 comes with new features such as:
- remote install with login capabilities - designed for extensions that require registration before downloading;
- file content comparison - compare files that have been updated by Developer or modified by User can be compared between versions and the compare editor will provide merge content capability.
Check JA Extensions Manager development status on our Project Management portal for Changelog & Roadmap
- This extension requires MVC extensions in order to manage upgrade, and before using it, please perform a complete back-up of your website.
- We recommend testing it on a clone of your website first!