What is JA Comment Component
JA Comment Component is a brand new comment system for Joomla! 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0 developed by JoomlArt. With tiny and innovative code, JA Comment Component can be easily integrated into Joomla! articles. Easy for beginners and powerful enough for advanced users to administrate and control, it allows anyone to participate and leave their opinions in your website. We can just keep on bragging about this unique commenting system, try it to believe it!
With the new JA Comment your readers will be able to:
- share their ideas and make suggestion upon your content.
- write important feedback information;
- share videos and other resources;
- log in with social network ID like Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress and Google!
Getting started with JA Comment
Thank you for using JA Comment Component! You have chosen our comment system because of it's advantages it comes with. Now you can enjoy the features to increase your users' experience by giving them more power when writing opinions and providing feedback.
If you have downloaded the latest version of our comment system you might also want to check the system requirements. Further more you can check development status anytime, click here to find out more.
The documentation starts by presenting the Installation and Upgrade Guides. In this section you will learn:
- How to download the quickstart or the component core extension packages.
- Quickstart Installation - a section that provide information on how to install the quickstart package;
- Manual Installation - a section to provide detailed information on how to install component and plugins:
- Upgrade instructions using the new JA Extensions Manager.
The next section of our documentation provide Customization FAQs. First you will learn how to customize the language for both front-end and back-end.
Then, you will learn how to customize e-mail templates and how to make them multi-language.
Finally, you can enjoy customizing the themes. In this section you will learn how to create your own themes, how to manage theme switch in front-end and how to customize your own themes.
The component administration documentation section starts presenting the dashboard and continues with comment administration panel.
Next in this section, you will learn how to deal with the component settings:
- General Settings - component offline, notifications and e-mail settings;
- Comments settings - thread view, voting, attachments, auto expanding text-area, e-mail subscription, comment reporting, admin approval and RSS settings;
- SPAM filter settings - captcha, terms, block and other filter settings;
- Blacklisting settings - automatically mark comments as SPAM settings;
- Moderator Management - add or remove moderation rights to registered users of your website;
- Permissions settings - setup who you want to be able to view, post, vote, edit and report comments;
- Layout and Design Settings - customize the component design right in your back-end:
- Layout - select and customize theme, enable and customize avatar source and size, comment form position, sorting options, time stamp, footer text, very special CSS customizations;
- Design - RPXNow integration, Addthis + AddToAny + Tweetmeme social sharing tools, smilies, YouTube video embedding, spellchecker, BBCodes and JomSocial Activity stream settings.
Why JA Comment
The main advantage of JA Comment is the back-end administration that aims to be webmasters friendly with well organized settings, support customizing your own theme, easy comment moderation. The component also comes with powerful frontend features such as:
- AJAX driven user interface - adding/editing comments, changing configuration options in backend and more;
- Child-parent comment structure - more convenience for users to follow/keep track of discussion in your thread;
- Comment indexing mechanism - helps users easily highlight and find out the exact comment within a large number of comments;
- Admins can smoothly manage comments not only in backend but also directly in frontend.
- Powerful import and export features that can be used to back-up your comments database and allow importing from external comment service such as IntenseDebate or Disqus.
- Unique user avatar features: JA Comment Component can display user avatar if he will log in with a Facebook or Twitter account.
See the complete features list below..
Note: features highlighted in bold are unique for JA Comment.
- Server requirements: PHP 5.0 or above, MySQL 5.0 or above, Joomla 1.5.x and above;
- Client requirements: Firefox 2.x, 3.0.x, 3,5,x, Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari.
License Information & Copyright Removal
1. JA Comment is a commercial extension as a part of JAEC. You have 7-days no question asked money back guarantee if this extension does not make you instantly happy.
2. JAEC Membership is available for $50 a Year. This allows access to all the extensions under JAEC and also to the upcoming extensions.
3. Some of the upcoming extensions under JAEC are [http:www.joomlart.com JA Toolbar] (we use it on our main site) and JA GForm (allows using Google spreadsheets in a better way).
Note: For licensed members who want to remove Copyright text, Please go to backend of JA Comment >> Layout & Plugins >> Layout tab >> Footer text section >> Clear Copyright field.
To remove the copyright in the login form, please remove the following line in "\components\com_jacomment\asset\js\ja.popup.js" file:
jQuery('#ja-popup-footer .inner span').html('© Copyright by JA Comment');