Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Well, this template has made my mind up. My renewal is due in a weeks time and I will not be renewing. Once more, we have a template based on a template that’s based on a template. Same old colours, same old typography, same old layout. A couple of templates aside, this year there’s been nothing groundbreaking.

Sorry, Jung and co but there’s no way that you can be proud of the release of this template….it’s blandness personified.

I will keep on checking the demos and if things start to change I might rejoin.

Cheers,
    SD

P.s. regarding the typography, it should be ‘This is a Heading’ not ‘This is an Heading’…..an proceeds vowels, a proceeds consonants.

mj1256 Friend

not that i am currently a big fan of JA, as they start things and don’t finish them

but this template is exaclty what i was lloking for, maybe its just my age, but many of the templates i find over done and too flashy, I like the subtlety of this and I’m a big fan of white space when used for the right type of site.

One more issue thought, it does not appear to be fluid width, JA GUYS, we need fluid width templates.

xyzb Friend

In Firefox (2.0)ain nav button hot spot or hyperlink area is very touchy. It is active on the bottom and very top of the button but not in the center. Regarding the templates- I appreciate the coding effort but I have to say the templates have not been very inspiring but on the other hand they load faster than most which is good. I will be renewing my account in hopes that the 1 template a month will allow for more creative designs.

mfcphil Friend

I made a request to liven the typography up months ago but still the same old ….:((

41, 54 and 29 post threads in the last three templates says alot really

Hung Dinh Friend

sea dog;80997Well, this template has made my mind up. My renewal is due in a weeks time and I will not be renewing. Once more, we have a template based on a template that’s based on a template. Same old colours, same old typography, same old layout. A couple of templates aside, this year there’s been nothing groundbreaking.

Sorry, Jung and co but there’s no way that you can be proud of the release of this template….it’s blandness personified.

I will keep on checking the demos and if things start to change I might rejoin.

Cheers,
    SD

P.s. regarding the typography, it should be ‘This is a Heading’ not ‘This is an Heading’…..an proceeds vowels, a proceeds consonants.[/quote]

not that i am currently a big fan of JA, as they start things and don’t finish them

but this template is exaclty what i was lloking for, maybe its just my age, but many of the templates i find over done and too flashy, I like the subtlety of this and I’m a big fan of white space when used for the right type of site.

One more issue thought, it does not appear to be fluid width, JA GUYS, we need fluid width templates.

50% thump up and the other thumb down :), the same and popular feeling for templates.
    . We keep things at JA at the most simple style as we can. Because as experienced Joomla developers, we can imagine how hard when putting a template in to a specific use. Per my personal statistics, the fancy and graphic weight templates are nice at the first impression but can be a big failure in final tuning.

mfcphil Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 81021 wrote:</em><blockquote>50% thump up and the other thumb down :), the same and popular feeling for templates.
    . We keep things at JA at the most simple style as we can. Because as experienced Joomla developers, we can imagine how hard when putting a template in to a specific use. Per my personal statistics, the fancy and graphic weight templates are nice at the first impression but can be a big failure in final tuning.</blockquote>

Wow you are happy that only 50% of your customers are happy 😮

and the fancy graphics as a choice would be nice…even if its just now and then…the simple style all the time is NOT such a great template experience.

I for one do not even look forward to your new templates coming out anymore…but hey I’m just one in 50% so its ok.

markedw Friend

Yawn is right. Joomlart is falling waaaay behind the competitors, who for the most part are creating sites with fresh looks almost every month.

I will not remain a member here unless things change in a hurry.

sevil Friend

<em>@mfcphil 81025 wrote:</em><blockquote>Wow you are happy that only 50% of your customers are happy 😮

and the fancy graphics as a choice would be nice…even if its just now and then…the simple style all the time is NOT such a great template experience.

I for one do not even look forward to your new templates coming out anymore…but hey I’m just one in 50% so its ok.</blockquote>

I am really impressed.. So it means you are satisfied with your work if 50% of your customers are satisfied? I can remember that there are sites who are engaged to get a 100% customer satisfaction. Sorry JA this Template is just the same like others.. You should look to get more impressive and clean, fluid web 2.0 styled templates out. Also how mcphil said month ago. It is time to change the typography. The Templates become boring and believe me 50% Customer satisfaction will be a few month later 10% if you go this way!
    Just my opinion!

PS: Mcphil is your MSN not working 😀 You are all the time offline.. Dead man get a live! 😎

dragonlord Friend

I’m with you for the last month the templates were boring and looks like nearly the same. But this one isn’t like the others. I think this design is very good (not perfect but very good).

I am joining Joomlart because of their rather clean templates. Look at the Top Websites in the world like youtube, myspace, xing, studivz, wer-kennt-wen, ebay, apple, etc.. No one of these sites uses heavy graphics templates. But on the other hand a clean design is not automaticelly a good design. The border between a clean stylish design and a simple, cheap design is fluid.

Look at http://www.apple.com These site looks very clean and stylish. There aren’t much graphics but the graphics which exist are brought to perfection.

I am sure if Joomlart would have 1 month per template instead of two weeks they could bring their templates to perfection. At this time the templates are clean and have a good design but they aren’t nearly perfect. For this every single graphics element would have to overwork and it would have to focus on details much more.

And also other template clubs make templates which doesn’t liked by the community, f.e. Metamorph from Rockettheme which has to get a lot of stick by the members.

But it isn’t to overlook, the big template clubs like Joomlart, Yootheme and Rockettheme made rather average templates the last month.

The little template clubs like Gavick, Shape5, Joomlajunkie, etc.. are becoming better and better..

Summarised i think this template is one of the best from Joomlart.

TomC Moderator

<em>@sea dog 80997 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, this template has made my mind up. My renewal is due in a weeks time and I will not be renewing. </blockquote>
    Oh gee … I’m sure we’ll all miss you terribly.

mj1256 Friend

the expectation that every customer will like every template is not reasonable in my opinion.

the templates are really a creation of art, and are subjective to the individual tastes and needs of the customer

each template is designed to serve a specific purpose and should not be used for every type of site.

templates are a starting point for the web developer to use, although they can be used as finished product. Look up the definition of “template”. I do not use templates usually as a “Out of the Box” development solution, but as a basic infrastructure or foundation with possibly some unique built in functionality on which to build on.

although we have had this discussion many times we should define “template”, pick one from the link
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=9rQ&defl=en&q=define:Template&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

although there are 80+ plus templates, I do not like all of them either, nor should I. But within the offerings of 80+ plus templates I have found some real jewels.

I hope that Hung is not satisfied with the 50% approval rate either, but due to the subjectiveness of personal opinions of acceptable site designs, 100% is not reasonble either

When I go to McDonalds, I like cheeseburgers and fries, but not the breakfast burrito or salads, but that is on me, and not a reflection on McDonalds offerings, their wide menu selection is targeted to meet the tastes of all customers. Someone, regardless of taste, will find something they like to eat.. I never heard anyone complain because they only like 50% of the menu items and then condemn McDonalds because they do not like the other 50% of the offerings. No, you just order what you like and leave the rest.

JA and other clubs have a menu of offerings, hopfully you will find an offering that you like and JA and other clubs know that their customers will not like every offering. Because you personally dislike an offering, does not condemn the whole menu of offerings.

My attempt of the post is not to defend JA, as I have issues with them too, but merely to offer a perspective of the issues that have arisen from this and simular threads.

mfcphil Friend

<em>@mj1256 81126 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    the templates are really a creation of art, and are subjective to the individual tastes and needs of the customer
    </blockquote>

Gets kinda dull and repetitive when you use the same canvas and same paint for every work of art

Menalto Friend

If you look at the last templates from Joomlart this year you see a wide variety of usage of each template, the last shopping template works fine in many other sites than a shopping template and so on.
    Each member have their own opinion.
    In my eyes Teline 2 is nothing compared with Rutile, i think this time Joomlart have delivered something outstanding(yes its no graphic bla bla bla), but this its opinion.

sea dog Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 81122 wrote:</em><blockquote>Oh gee … I’m sure we’ll all miss you terribly.

</blockquote>

And I bet you had a smug little grin on your face as you submitted that little gem.

Tom, you really are an antogonistic twerp of the very hghest order.

I was hoping that, in posting the above, Hung and team would realise that loyal customers would not renew if they continued to release rehashes of templates. It might even, if enough people spoke up, make them rethink their ethos and start developing new typography ideas, new colour schemes etc etc…if you can show me something in your post that has anything slightly constructive in it then please point it out to me. .

You sig states ‘ A template is only a starting point . . . The magic is in what you do with it from there.’ I agree, but if you really think that then surely you can see that anyone with even rudimentary css and image skills could make one of half a dozen templates released over the past year look just like this one. Maybe my expectations are too high but I would’ve thought that new releases should showcase new ideas and ways of doing things, not rehash ideas.

If you think otherwise, how about constructing a reasoned response (like others have in this thread) rather then a flippant playground jibe?

Cheers,
    SD

mfcphil Friend

<em>@sea dog 81147 wrote:</em><blockquote>

It might even, if enough people spoke up, make them rethink their ethos and start developing new typography ideas, new colour schemes etc etc…

</blockquote>

Thats all I’m after…I did say I think this template is very usable…but we request every month for some fresh colours and some new typography…surely the money Ja is pulling in these days should allow for a few simple requests to be met.

I think its a shame that every now and then we can’t get a template that match’s the other leading template company for style (you know who I mean)….and yes I know simpler is probably better, but like I said just every now and then put a smile on our faces 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum