Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I use a JA Purity II template in Joomla 2.5.6. Also I use JA Extensionmanager and JA T3. Today I upgraded first JA Extension manager to version 2.5.2, then my template from 2.5.0. to 2.5.2.
    But when I upgraded JA T3 from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4 the frontend of my website is blank, also after several refreshes and cleaning all caches (including T3 cache).
    After this issue I downgraded JA T3 to 2.5.0 and the frontend is visible again. After that I tried to upgrade in smaller steps, so from 2.5.0 tot 2.5.1 etc. but every higher version after 2.5.0 gives a white screen in the frontend.

At this moment I’m running JA Purity II version 2.5.2 with JA T3 version 2.5.0 but I suppose this is not a recommended combination but it works for me.

Can you advice me how to solve this issue so that I can upgrade to JA T3 version 2.5.4?

Greetings, Paul

Ninja Lead Moderator

We have been fixed some error on JAT3 Framework. Please upgrade to JAT3 latest version(2.5.4 now)

audiopaul Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

Thanks for your answer but I’m a bit confused now. In my first post I wrote that my first upgrade attemp with the T3 plugin was from version 2.5.0. to 2.5.4. The result was a white screen in the front end so I had to rollback to 2.5.0. After that I tried 2.5.1. and 2.5.2 with the same result but a rollback to 2.5.0. solves it every time.
    The latest 2.5.4 version you advice me now is uploaded on the 1th of august so I suppose there’s no new version uploaded since my post of august 8th?
    Or do you mean I have to update with the Joomla extension manager instead of the Joomlart Extension manager?

Greetings, Paul

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Paul,

I have tested with your workflow

+ Install site with JAT3 2.5.0 and upgrade to 2.5.4 but i could not duplicate the same error your mention .
    + You can try to download directly JAT3 version

Let me know if you have still error

Regards

audiopaul Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

Thanks for testing. I tried the installation with the Joomla Extension Manager and now it’s working. I also can adjust the setting “Optimize JS” in my JA Purity II template now from “None” to “Join, Minify and Compress”. Before this update my Frontpage Slideshow only worked with this option set to “None”.

I’m still curious why the update results in a white screen of my website when I use the Joomlart Extension manager but I’m glad it works with the regular installation method..

Greetings, Paul

Ninja Lead Moderator

Because we have fixed some errors on JAT3 plugin. You can check error log for each version in the download page of JAT3 plugin here.

nkight Friend

I am running into a similar problem. http://www.research.chop.edu/programs/cccr
    Joomla 2.5.8
    If I update the “T3 Framework – JoomlArt Template Framework for Joomla 2.5” plugin beyond 2.5.1 the front end white screens. I can fix it by uninstalling the 2.5.6 version and installing the 2.5.1.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

audiopaul Friend

Hi, in my case I solved it by using the regular Joomla installer method (upload and install the file in Joomla Extension Manager) instead of updating with the Joomlart Extension Manager.
    Have you already tried that?

Greetings, Paul

Ninja Lead Moderator

@nkight: I have tested the JAT3 framework version 2.5.6 and it is working fine with Joomla 2.5.8 as well. You can test it again with a fresh joomla core.
    @audiopaul: About upgrading to the latest joomla version and 3rd party extensions, you can use the Joomla Extension Manager, which comes in default of JOOMLA. If you need to upgrade the latest version of JoomlArt extensions(which is only available for membership) you can upgrade them from our JA Extension Manager.

nkight Friend

<em>@audiopaul 346682 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, in my case I solved it by using the regular Joomla installer method (upload and install the file in Joomla Extension Manager) instead of updating with the Joomlart Extension Manager.
    Have you already tried that?

Greetings, Paul</blockquote>

Hi Paul and Ninja,

I have attempted the update using the update and install native Joomla methods; and both result in the white screen on the front end.

As soon as I reinstall version 2.5.1 of the JA T3 Framework the site comes back up.

I have ” com_jaextmanager ” 2.5.0 installed, but it does not see any update for the JA T3 Framework plugin 2.5.6.

I’d like to keep up with the updates and don’t want to fall behind.

NOTE: If I switch to JA Purity ii 1.2.0 template, from which the 3 custom templates I created for the site were based, the site does not white screen. I see that JoomlArt is having server issues. Is 1.2.0 JA Purity ii the latest or is there a new one that goes with the JA T3 Framework 2.5.6 update? Don’t want to compare apples to oranges …

Saguaros Moderator

Hi nkight,

The latest version of this JAT3 Framework plugin is 2.5.6, if you’re having this version, you have an up-to-date one. If you experience the white screen with this latest version, please pm us your admin and FTP account, we need a closer look to detect this issue.

Regards.

nkight Friend

<em>@Saguaros 347032 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi nkight,

The latest version of this JAT3 Framework plugin is 2.5.6, if you’re having this version, you have an up-to-date one. If you experience the white screen with this latest version, please pm us your admin and FTP account, we need a closer look to detect this issue.

Regards.</blockquote>

I’ve attempted a variety of ways of updating, the latest was to create a totally clean install with all of the latest Joomla 2.5.8 and T3 extensions and then add the templates. There has got to be something wrong with the templates, which work fine with the plg_system_jat3.v2.5.1 but the plg_system_jat3.v2.5.7 results in the white screen. Again, even with this latest attempt if I re-install plg_system_jat3.v2.5.1 the site displays correctly again. Something in the following plg_system_jat3.v2.5.+ updates is not working with the custom templates.

I’m reluctant to give up the admin and FTP for security reasons, I’d have to check with my managers to do that. Would zipped up copies of one of my custom templates suffice?

Thanks for your help, we want to stick with this awesome framework you guys developed, but this is a big problem.

A live site with all updates short of the plg_system_jat3.v2.5.7 update can be viewed here:
    http://www.research.chop.edu/programs/cccr/

ag0g0girl Friend

Im having the same trouble. I will gladly give my information to be sure that this error can be fixed for everyone.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can pm me admin and ftp account of site you are working on, I will check what’s going on 🙂

airgead Friend

I have just upgraded my site to Joomla 3.2.2. It doesn’t matter whether I upgrade the T3 framework to 2.6.9 or 2.7.0, the result is the same. A white screen on the front end and I have to roll back to v 2.6.8.

I have tried upgrading via both the JA Extension Manager and the official Joomla Extension Manager to the same result both times.

I’m a paid up member of the JA Developer club and I can’t even raise a support ticket for this, since ticketing is “down for maintenance”.

Frustratedly,

Christina Martin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  airgead 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum