Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

can we know what will be contain the next release and when it will come? Thanks

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Our developer is working hard on this and we do hope to release JA Megafilter next week.

Is there anything you expect on JA Megafilter you want us to know ?

kastoro Friend

Hi,
    Auto index and fields imagelist filter image display come in the next week or it planned later?

Otherwise your filter is a great stuff and big help for me.
    My only wish, we can do the settings in the backend and not in hard code (display or not stars, fields, intro and intro long)
    I think it would be also a good thing if in different layout (grid, list) we can set different fields to display.

Thanks

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Auto index and fields imagelist filter image display come in the next week or it planned later

It planned later, as it need so much time to finish.

My only wish, we can do the settings in the backend and not in hard code (display or not stars, fields, intro and intro long) I think it would be also a good thing if in different layout (grid, list) we can set different fields to display.

Thanks for your feedback. It will help us improving JA MegaFilter.

kastoro Friend

Thanks for the update especially:

• the new grid and list button
    • custom fields display (additional info)
    • image display in filters

Please fix the sort order arrow direction (see attached file). Now it’s direction to bottom when cba order instead of direction to top (we go from down to up / CBA / ↑), and when abc order it’s direction to top instead of direction to bottom (we go from up to down / ABC / ↓)

And I have a request also if it is possible to make it. I would like to sort by Hungarian name which is the title in my system but I don’t want show this in filters. Now I must published the field if I want to sort by default (attached image)

Thank you!

1. wrong-order-arrow
    2. sort-without-publish-to-filters
    Mr.Cat Moderator

@kastoro,

• In our opinion, arrow goos up ↑ means your value is increasing, so the order must be ABC (because A < B <C ), and arrow goes down ↓ means your value is decreasing, so the order must be CBA. The error sorting on your site is because megafilter doesn’t support Hungarian character. We’re working to fix it.

• Sortable field without publishing will include in the next release. Thanks for your suggestion.

🙂

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

kastoro Friend

I also ask other people and they told me what I wrote earlier. It is very interesting for me I have never met this before you wrote it. I saw my Plex and show as you wrote, but on hungarian sites show as I wrote. Maybe country difference? I think your thought is good bur argument is false. Or maybe a paradox 🙂
    "arrow goos up ↑ means your value is increasing"
    Yes, it means this, so from the bottom to the top and A > Z because A is the first letter in the alphabet, Z the last. So it mean Z(last letter) → A(first letter).
    "and arrow goes down ↓ means your value is decreasing, so the order must be CBA"
    Yes, decreasing, A is the first letter Z is the last so it is A → Z.

In any case it is an interesting difference 🙂 I think I understand why you use it inversely but I’m not sure.
    Back to the subject: can I somehow invers the arrow?

Thank you for all!

Mr.Cat Moderator

@kastoro,

Yes, i can invers the arrow. Please install the attachment below. And let me know if it works.

Regards

1. com_jamegafilter.zip

kastoro Friend

Fantastic! As I see it fix the arrow and hungarian language alphabet too.
    Can you put the invers arrow in to the next version as an option or can you write me how can I make it after your next upgrade without invers arrow?

Thank you very much!

Mr.Cat Moderator

@kastoro,

For inversing arrow, you open file

/components/com_jamegafilter/assets/js/jamegafilter.js

Find and change this line

return v1.localeCompare(v2) > 0 ? d : -d;

to

return v1.localeCompare(v2) > 0 ? -d : d;

We’ll discuss about adding this as an option 🙂

Regards

kastoro Friend

Thanks again 🙂

thesdhotel Friend

I’m not sure the arrows should be inverted.

"An arrow pointing up usually means larger or getting larger, so that should be used for Ascending order. An arrow pointing downwards usually means something is smaller or getting smaller and it should be used for Descending order."

Also, this is consistent with Windows (click a column header in Explorer) and Office (filter/sort a column in Excel), they use the arrows like Megafilter does in the current version.

I see what you mean, kastoro, I read about it and people are split between the two methods (and even I myself don’t know which one I prefer, yours makes sense too), but the method currently used by Megafilter seems to be the most used convention by popular softwares like Windows and Office so maybe it should stay like it is.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  thesdhotel 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum