Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

http://www.dailymail.co.uk

This is also really good layout example. You are not bored about this layout as in Teline series where layout is same from the age’s 🙂

And i really like Category articles in DailyMail.co.uk, each category in frontpage is designed bit differently! they are not so standardized, its more spontaneus – this gives you more opportunities to play with layout!

TomC Moderator

<em>@zorroh 291228 wrote:</em><blockquote>http://www.dailymail.co.uk

This is also really good layout example. You are not bored about this layout as in Teline series where layout is same from the age’s 🙂

</blockquote>
    HOLY GUACAMOLE that’s a lot of scrolling involved there . . . though it kind of reminds me of a Teline II / Teline III hybrid.

zorroh Friend

People generally rather scroll than click.

This is really big newsmagazine site so lot of content to spread for readers:
    <blockquote>Mail Online hit a new website traffic record for a UK national newspaper website in October as it reached 79 million ‘unique browsers’.</blockquote>
    http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=48335

i dont run so big newsmagazin, but i also have lot of content, many news articles everyday.. so i need to express every category quick and in nice way what catches readers eye to make a click…

TomC Moderator

<em>@zorroh 291991 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    i dont run so big newsmagazin, but i also have lot of content, many news articles everyday.. so i need to express every category quick and in nice way what catches readers eye to make a click…</blockquote>

What do you think of JA NEX ??

See my thoughts about it HERE

😎

zorroh Friend

<em>@TomC 292130 wrote:</em><blockquote>What do you think of JA NEX ??

See my thoughts about it HERE

:cool:</blockquote>

Ja Nex is really good, but Elastica is even better 🙂

i like Ja Nex featured slider and music news(in the top) and editor pics. And i want to use them in Elastica(off topic: when Elastica comes out?)

K2 blog layout is good, but joomla content blog isnt so good – why not design joomla contnet category blog layout same way as k2 nex blog? not all people using K2.

if you running big site then you dont have time to manage joomla content and k2, you just choosing which one is better for you. so if i want to use some CCK then K2 is too limited and tooo slow development and they dont want to talk with users and K2 uses own article management – that is not wise. But we have other good CCK-s… example Seblod, where CCK using core content – what is more wiser and better!

BUT JA Team not design core content category blog – this is unfortunate.

Below Editor’s picks: category news in frontpage is too limited and boring… just three columns… you dont catch readers eye in that way…
    look, i did wanted frontpage categories show off, and this is way better and catching readers eye 🙂 Is it possible to do?

1. wanted-frontpage-categories
    Rusell Cerrato Friend

Heres la mia.

Teline series fits for a news, magazine, ant other media businesses, so having a really good looking, modern, fancy video library, or video component its a most have,

Imagine having the ability to change the video playlist such as “video player theme” where you can assign a “news theme” to the news playlist… “tv and entretaiment theme” to the entretaiment playlist and so on.. Sports, life, funny, political, social, etc….

Should also be capable to connect and share content with many different sources and social sites. Fb, digg, twitter, youtube, vmeo, pinterest, and so on…

It also should have the capability to connect to any live streaming source. For media and news channels.

This is part of my contribution so far.. I hope after today party more ideas come up!

Best regards to all, and good luck.

People are getting more visual every day, and video

Paul Massell Friend

Wishlist:
    1) Focus upon readability / accessibility. I find a lot of templates (JA or otherwise) miss the mark here. A lot of these can be fixed with CSS improvements but this is time I’d rather not spend. This is especially important for a site that is meant to be “read” So content sites or sites with active members, forums, social. If for example you are using gray or darker gray text because it has a nice aesthetic impression, that may be fine for some things but if you have a regular readership, they can get annoyed with it. And if you have a readership with significant percentage of an older demographic, these kinds of things drive them nuts!

2) I liked Teline IV as a great base for a site with a lot of content and features that I would want to customize the look/feel. The downside to me was that there were a massive amount of calls on page load. So to me a Teline V would need to be better coded. Out of the box, valid html / css would be very nice.

3) In conjunction with #2 some genuine thought and implementation for SEO considerations which could be implemented on the demo and quickstart version. For example the use of h1 and h2

4) I would very much like to see a Teline V using the masonry jquery in the way that Elastica does but more “Pimped” with more options and themes than Elastica.

5) K2 Theme (elastica style)

6) Kunena theme – in particular a theme that is more than just changing some colors. Something that is actually unique and some thought went into it. For example some improvements on the mobile version; some template/theme specific navigation; icons or maybe even theme specific emoticons…

7) SobiPro Theme Not a lot of good options out there yet for SobiPro. I’d like to see JA offer something either with TelineV or any other template that would be good for a directory using SobiPro.

Rusell Cerrato Friend

Here is another.

simple but belive me, I being on the search for this since a lot.
    would be so nice to have a dropdown field on modules configuration to pick the “Class Sufix” for modules and content.

I am facing the challange to find all posible available “Class Sufix” styles on all Joomlart templates.

here is my post related to it.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/list-of-available-class-sufix-for-mudules/

If there could be a way to start including this tool or option on new up comming templates, will be so nice.

rgds.

Paul Massell Friend

I like how you are thinking but I’m not sure that you could simply add a drop down. To do that you’d need some sort of plugin that worked within Joomla Admin. Maybe incorporating this into T3 would be better than specific to any given template?

Then each template could define a set of mod class suffixes which could then be chose via dropdown or through some other method.

<em>@rcerrato 305885 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is another.

simple but belive me, I being on the search for this since a lot.
    would be so nice to have a dropdown field on modules configuration to pick the “Class Sufix” for modules and content.

I am facing the challange to find all posible available “Class Sufix” styles on all Joomlart templates.

here is my post related to it.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/list-of-available-class-sufix-for-mudules/

If there could be a way to start including this tool or option on new up comming templates, will be so nice.

rgds.</blockquote>

Rusell Cerrato Friend

Yeah! you´r right,.

well, at the end, its just finding a way to have more handy all available Class Sufix to be used on modules..
    for example, I will like to assig a “_mega” class style to another menu on other module position instead of only on Navi…

the simpliest it can be, the better.

thanks!

<em>@xenocast 305893 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like how you are thinking but I’m not sure that you could simply add a drop down. To do that you’d need some sort of plugin that worked within Joomla Admin. Maybe incorporating this into T3 would be better than specific to any given template?

Then each template could define a set of mod class suffixes which could then be chose via dropdown or through some other method.</blockquote>

dieudonne Friend

Amazing, stupid, ignorant, I don’t kown…

Did you see the date of this thread : 12-05-2011 01:45 AM ????

I don’t understand. Do you really speak about JA Teline V ?

It is a joke ? No ? Oups sorry Joomlart is always in 2011 !

rikaryo Friend

Friends to me Teline V must have the functions of news portal, but you must add a new visual identity that impact as it was in the first version, so I’m suggesting changes in the menu, now fully mobile, to meet the world’s demands, accessibility and the latest top stories, many category links for easy access, with highlights for advertising space.

It is only a suggestion for the new Teline on impact!

1. teline-V

Rikáryo Mourão
    CEO - HeróiNerd - Inventtive

TomC Moderator

<em>@dieudonne 451762 wrote:</em><blockquote>Amazing, stupid, ignorant, I don’t kown…

Did you see the date of this thread : 12-05-2011 01:45 AM ????

I don’t understand. Do you really speak about JA Teline V ?

It is a joke ? No ? Oups sorry Joomlart is always in 2011 !</blockquote>

When JA has information to announce regarding Teline V, then they will post the information
    – no sooner, no later.

dieudonne Friend

Yes of course but they say that it’ll be a new version of Teline > JA Teline V
    And of course we need to know the date of the release.

What are saying the roadmap of Joomlart (again a travel or portfolio template ?) ?

Regard.

gavind Friend

Additonally, it would also be nice I think if users can choose to subscribe to an email notification once there will be some updates.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Qvsoft 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum