Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello guys,

is there a easy way I can get the list of Class sufix to use on Teline IV or any other template?
    also, is posible, can you please tell me where to find those and how to know whats the right sintax for each when need to be used on a module?

thanks a lot! rgds

zontia Friend

hi,
    I’d like to know

TomC Moderator

<em>@zontia 305764 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi,
    I’d like to know</blockquote>
    You can view the various module class suffixes within the JA TELINE IV demo . . .

about 3/4 of the way down the page – on the right – within the MAIN MENU listing – click on the TYPOGRAPHY item

the module class suffix info is about half-way down the page

Rusell Cerrato Friend

Thanks! found it!

but Iยดm guessing not all Class Sufix are listed there or only those which only installed on Teline IV, since I have seen some like “_country, _mega, _twitter, _videos” and so more in other templates.. therefore, having the ability to run a magic wand and list all available “class sufix” within a template would be so good.

Dont really know if those come with standalone modules installed searately.

I am facing this other challange.

1 Assig the “Mega Menu” style, look and feel, into another menu placed on some diferent module position.
    2 Assign the “videos” module to a video player module in X position
    3 Assign the “blocknote” to a twitter module.

also another issue is.. how can I get all Class Sufix names for lets say.. Blue Bubbles?
    please show me what sintax should be on class sufix on the module to use the blue bubble (the one filled with blue and white font)?

my wishlist would be a list like this here..

Class Sufix on Teline IV J1.5:

_mega
    _dfsdf
    _sdsdfdf
    _video
    _hilite
    _blacknote

and so on…
    but also, the correct sintax for each of those. ๐Ÿ™‚

thanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@rcerrato 305909 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    also another issue is.. how can I get all Class Sufix names for lets say.. Blue Bubbles?
    please show me what sintax should be on class sufix on the module to use the blue bubble (the one filled with blue and white font)?

and so on…
    but also, the correct sintax for each of those. ๐Ÿ™‚

thanks!</blockquote>

Ironically, I just wrote a “roundabout’ tutorial for another Member with a roundabout method for identifying many (if not most/all) of the CSS classes listed within a given template’s Typography page. Rather than re-invent the wheel, I will cut-and-paste the method below. (Bear in mind, the template to which the other Member was referring was JA Erio … but the principle method is identical for just about any template).

——————————————————————————————————————————-

Another roundabout way you can identify many of the various classes is to utilize a web inspector like FIREBUG or Google Chrome’s Inspector.

For example – using Google Chrome – go to the JA ERIO TYPOGRAPHY PAGE and scroll down to where the various module class suffix info starts – e.g. BUTTONS & TAGS – right click over the first blue button and, from the pop-out menu, select “Inspect Element.” You will then see a bottom pane appear and, in the right column, you should see the identified CSS (along with a subsequent list of related css and such … it’s pretty self-explanatory).

In the case of the first blue button, the following is the module class that was identified:

<blockquote>a.btn-blue span</blockquote>

I realize this method involves a few additional steps – and it really shouldn’t . . .
    but at least this is a way you can go about identifying most of the module class suffix info for the time being.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    If you want to identify the exact CSS file location of the various classes . . . whenever you are using a web inspector to investigate/identify CSS elements, always set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings. Otherwise, the “compressed” css file/line info that is presented will not be correct and, as a result, much more difficult to find within your various directory CSS files.

Hope That Helps

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Rusell Cerrato Friend

Thanks Tom!

lets Chrome some templates!

rgds

SHoggard Friend

I just checked the Teline IV Demo… it doesn’t show mod-class

_world
    -newsfp
    _mega
    -ads
    ……etc

It would be really useful to find out what these show AND how to apply different styling (colour backgrounds etc) to modules

TomC Moderator

Perhaps the work-around method here might assist you –> USING TYPOGRAPHY PAGE to IDENTIFY MODULE CLASSES

modernmagic Friend

I am confused. Why are the module class suffixes NOT just shown in the typography page?

It is such a no brainer that I am really thinking that I am just missing something that the devs figure is not necessary to make it easy for us to find. Yes I use firebug, but I also paid for this template club.

Other clubs do it. just click on module variations or typography http://demo.rockettheme.com/?template=ionosphere

TomC Moderator

I agree with you . . . .

In the meantime, the workaround method I describe within the link in the previous post can help you figure out particular moduel class suffixes.

modernmagic Friend

Yes, I am resorting to have the demo open in another browser to firebug the css. They tend to be the name without a space. “Red Title” is “redtitle”.

On a side note: The typo page for JA-Ironis has a typo…. the Blue Title is Green and the Green Title is Blue. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  modernmagic 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum