Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

<em>@anisjolly 65535 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I’d love to see exactly what everyone is looking for out of a template and this way JA would be satisfying members as well as selling great ideas which members have come up with!! – maybe this could be another way to earn credits to add to your membership?

</blockquote>

I think we all would have our own ideas of what we would like…I would love to see a high contrast glossy option (sorry but yes, like Rocket Themes) as part of the standard template package.

So we would have Ja Standard, Ja Dark, Ja High Gloss plus improved colour options, not the same old red cyan orange and green for every template.

Just my opinion…:)

questbg Friend

<em>@mfcphil 65548 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would love to see a high contrast glossy option
    </blockquote>

Not sure Father Jack would recognise ‘high contrast glossy’ if it hit him in the face!! 😀 😉 🙂

Ah, ok then “Ahh, go on! – Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go ON…”

😀

(Sorry to none ‘Father Ted’ lovers for taking this off-topic!)

instantinlaw Friend

Ok so the design leaves something to be desired, but the features are kinda cool. Personally I like the expandable mainbody. I think I’ll incorporate it into one of the other (more interesting) JA templates.

jprater1209 Friend

Is there a way to disable moving the modules?

dpk Friend

if you want to diable the usertools, do so. there is a switch for this in 1.5. Or in 1.0 and 1.5 eliminate features the obvious way: delete the code that implements them.

I don’t really see what the complaints are here. Can the critics be specific? This is the first time I;ve gotten JA-Tabs to work, and it seems to have been improved–though it was a little tough to get running right, and the CSS for it could be better. It really does need a light colored theme (bg and bars) and the PSD file does not include quite everything. I’ve had to do all this and more to get it the way I want it, looking little like the original, but it’s a good base. Very CSS image heavy though.

What I’d like to see: more grid design, SEO optimized, lightweight, fully standards compliant templates with a range of entirely different color/decoration skins.

My biggest complaint is with the JA extensions. Many just do not work well, and I use others that do the same things better. They are more freely available now though, which is good. I also don’t like hard-coded menus and would like to see them done with a module rather than being forced to implement that myself.

The JA-News module is the most valuable but it has always had problems. It seems to be improving slowly, but the new beta for the component version is in bad shape. I am also unsure if it needs to get as complex as it is becoming.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  dpk 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum